Do all non-Muslims go to Hell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all non-Muslims go to Hell?

I have had a discussion with a Muslim friend of mine about this. He tells me that the Qur'an makes it clear that even if one lives a good life, helping to improve the world, they would still go to Hell for eternity.

I have a problem with this.

Are all the Native Americans who never even heard the word Islam, burning in Hell? Are the North Koreans who are brainwashed from childhood to believe that Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il are basically deities destined for Hell?

Re: Do all non-Muslims go to Hell?

Are all the Native Americans who never even heard the word Islam, burning in Hell? Are the North Koreans who are brainwashed from childhood to believe that Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il are basically deities destined for Hell?
    I have read that people who haven't heard the message of Islam would not be punished with hell (or would be tested -in some way or form- on the day of judgement itself).

Comment

For those who didn't hear the call to Islam, their judgment it's in the hereafter.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by LoveEveryone View Post
        I have had a discussion with a Muslim friend of mine about this. He tells me that the Qur'an makes it clear that even if one lives a good life, helping to improve the world, they would still go to Hell for eternity.

it is a very dangerous position to try to "out think" Allah

we had quite a few muslims here who lost their islam over such discussions

sufficient that Allah has created us and He is not unjust to any of His servants.

we should focus on the things in front of us, not theoretical concepts that we cannot comprehend
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

http://emiac.wordpress.com/2010/12/0...ms-go-to-hell/
          أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Comment

every sensible person has a problem with similar issues

a just God will not commit injustice -this is the obvious basic concept

it follows also that all persons will be judged on their own merits

in my opinion, sincere and honest people, whatever their beliefs, have of course nothing to fear from a just God

Comment

Originally posted by gariba View Post

it follows also that all persons will be judged on their own merits

in my opinion, sincere and honest people, whatever their beliefs, have of course nothing to fear from a just God
              a just God gives mankind guidance, and a just God makes sure that guidance is understandable to all man, and if MAN decides to reject that guidance, a just God will do as He said he would do, because a just God is not a liar
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Hi, nice to see you posting here.

The answer is simple: If someone has never heard the true message of islam, than Islam tells us that Allah will deal with them separately on the Last Day.

However, if you have heard of islam and it's message, then it is your responsibility to look into it's proofs. As I have learned more about Islam, I have realized this is really the truth of life, and it has given a purpose to human beings. We are not simply born to die, rather we must use this short time we have in submission to our Creator.
                If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Humililty, Sincerity, and the quest for Truth. There is no purpose in life but to seek the pleasure of Allah.
                There is a possibility a female might use this account to read something!

Comment

A lot of non-Muslim (athiests) try to get at Islam by saying that its unfair that non-Muslims go to hell. Whats funny is that these people technically do not even believe that hell exists yet they are so concerned that their going there, lol ironic!
                  17-07

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                    a just God gives mankind guidance, and a just God makes sure that guidance is understandable to all man, and if MAN decides to reject that guidance, a just God will do as He said he would do, because a just God is not a liar
                    as long as you are upright and sincere, you have nothing to fear from God

in your opinion, of course, this means you will become a Muslim

in my opinion, it doesn't necessarily mean that at all

so, it's just a difference of opinion

best

Comment

Originally posted by gariba View Post
                      as long as you are upright and sincere, you have nothing to fear from God

in your opinion, of course, this means you will become a Muslim

in my opinion, it doesn't necessarily mean that at all

so, it's just a difference of opinion

best
                      what does it mean to you?
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

According to Imam Ghazali, if the message of Islam is distorted (like how it is today, with so many non practicing muslims), the non-muslims may be excused in the Day of judgement.

Though, Imam Ghazali is widely discredited by the Contemporary so called Salafs.

Comment

According to Imam Ghazali, if the message of Islam is distorted (like how it is today, with so many non practicing muslims), the non-muslims may be excused in the Day of judgement.
                          This is correct and according to Ashari school, the one who never heard the message of Islam will not be punished, they will be excused on the Day of Judgement.

As for this philosophical question our mutakallimīn (scholars of theology) answered this by stating: that they reject the notion that justice is known intuitively and that the ethical attributes of acts are ontologically determined. They argue that justice and goodness can only be determined through the divine commands revealed to humanity. They state further that justice and injustice cannot be known through `aql alone because people disagree about what is just, it cannot be said that humans have intuitive knowledge of what is good and just.

And Allah Knows Best.
                          Last edited by al-ghazalli; 29-12-11, 04:49 PM.
                          The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol;
                          and the idol of each person is his Ego.

- Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri

Comment

It is not in our place to condemn anyone in particular to hell. That said, kafir refers to people who have been presented the truth and rejected it. So people who have never even heard of Islam then they will be excused, someone who is not of sound mind will be excused, there may be more that I don't know of.

Please read this article http://sandala.org/wp-content/upload...sbelievers.pdf

Allahualam

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                              what does it mean to you?
                              you have only one brain, and one conscience. You simply do your best and explore reality.

so, you examine the world, you read, you speak, you experience, you interact with your environment, then you draw conclusions. These conclusions you can also change, based on different experiences you have later in life, etc

with regard to religion, many people draw different conclusions, and subscribe (with different degrees of conviction) to widely diverging sets of beliefs

does this mean that there is no truth in religions, and that they are all equivalent ? no of course

but it means that there is no sort of "privileged religious highway" where all people will converge, if they are not idiots or dishonest. On the contrary, people, based on their particular environment and experiences, will reach in fact widely different conclusions, and this is something we have all witnessed.

the idea that any honest and intelligent person will automatically convert to Islam, once he is familiarized with it, is a strange idea which, in my experience, lacks any sort of evidence for it

this idea is, in fact, quite offensive for non-muslims : if, as a non-muslim with an interest in Islam, you don't eventually convert after learning about it, you will automatically be considered as either dishonest or idiotic

this is, in itself, not only offensive but downright dangerous : it depicts (well-informed) non-muslims as automatically dishonest or even evil. This distorted image can have then very serious consequences, in fostering hostility and contempt

And this is the main obstacle in having a dialogue between muslims and non-muslims : where hostility and disrespect set in, and prejudices prevail (the perverted, dishonest kuffar vs. the medieval, terrorist muslims) any possibility for a dialogue disappears rapidly

In fact, I don't think that, on this particular forum, many muslims are interested in a real dialogue; rather they aim to "instruct" those "ignorant kuffar" , and then they sound surprised if the "ignorant kuffar" don't accept their "superior knowledge"

In fact, I don't think that you, in particular, are interested in a dialogue at all: you think you possess the truth (because you know exactly what God wants from us) and that honest, upright people should simply recognize this basic reality

in my humble opinion, you are severely deluded : but I am sure you think the same about me.

Best

Comment

Working...
                              X