Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Prophet Muhammad pay Zakah himself?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Prophet Muhammad pay Zakah himself?.

I read it the other day somewhere that the he never himself paid Zakah, how true is it? What do the Ahadith say about it? If he didn´t then what were the reasons behind it?

Thanks in advance to all my brothers and sisters.

Re: Did Prophet Muhammad pay Zakah himself?.

Anyone please????

Comment

WS

Was his wealth ever above the nisab level for one whole year?

From what I have read Prophet SAW always gave any excess in wealth to charity. To the point where if someone came to his asking asking for food and the household had one meal they would give it away to the poor

There is a hadith where Hadhrat Ayesha RDA was asked how often does she cook and she said that months go by and there is nothing for me to cook, we harldy light our stove.

Read the seerah to find out more.

Comment

Originally posted by mundo View Post
        WS

Was his wealth ever above the nisab level for one whole year?

From what I have read Prophet SAW always gave any excess in wealth to charity. To the point where if someone came to his asking asking for food and the household had one meal they would give it away to the poor

There is a hadith where Hadhrat Ayesha RDA was asked how often does she cook and she said that months go by and there is nothing for me to cook, we harldy light our stove.

Read the seerah to find out more.
        Is there some kind of classification of one´s own wealth to pay the Zakah?

I never knew the Prophet was actually so poor.........

Comment

Originally posted by Ummati09 View Post
          Is there some kind of classification of one´s own wealth to pay the Zakah?

I never knew the Prophet was actually so poor.........
          May be you should first read seerah of Propet :saw: (life of Prophet :saw: ) before you raise these questions.

The fact that you dont actually know how poor was prophet :saw: shows how unaware you are of his life. So before you pose questions like whether prophet :saw: paid zakah or why he did not pay zakah first read about his blessed life.

There is an incident in one battlefield a companion of the prophet :saw: came and told him that he is having to tie up a stone on his stomach to help himself against his hunger. Upon seeing this prophet :saw: raised his garment to show the companion that if he has tied up one stone on his stomach then the phophet of Allah :saw: has tied up two stones on his stomach because of hunger. Now, you can imagine, when does a person resorts to tying a stone on his stomach. And based on that you determine if such people were subject to zakah.

Also read about zakah to see who qualifies to pay zakah and what are the conditions for which one becomes responsible for paying zakah.
          لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Working...
          X