• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seven Levels of Hell

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
    Is the following correct?

Jahanam
    Most commonly understood to mean Hell. In fact, it is one of the levels of Hell. There are seven levels of Hellfire:

1. Jaheem - the shallowest level of Hell. It is reserved for those who believed in Allah and His Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, but who ignored His commands.
    2. Jahanam - a deeper level where the idol-worshippers are to be sent on the Day of Judgement.
    3. Sa'ir - is reserved for the worshippers of fire.
    4. Saqar - this is where those who did not believe in Allah will be sent on the Day of Judgement.
    5. Ladha - will be the home of the Jews.
    6. Hawiyah - will be the abode of the Christians.
    7. Hutama - the deepest level of Hellfire. This is where the religious hypocrites will spend eternity. The worst of Allah's creation are the Munafiqeen (Hypocrites), whether they be mankind or Jinn, for they outwardly appear to accept, but inwardly reject, Allah and His Messenger.

:salams

Never heard of this description about each hell. But for last one, I recollect as Haawiyah for munafiqeen.. waallahu alam..

Is this order correct in the descending form, last being the hottest & deepest...

Jahannam
    Hutamah
    Saqar
    Jaheem
    Latha
    Sa‘eer &
    Haawiyah

Oh Allah! Our Lord and Sustainer! Grant us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and save us from the Fire of Jahannam (Hell)... Ameen..

Waallahu alam..

:jkk:

Comment

The above need to be taken into account by certain posters on here..
      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

As far as I know, the names of hell like Huthamah, Jahannam, Hawiyah, etc are mentioned in separated Qur'an verses. And it was said too in Qur'an that hell has 7 gates.

"Indeed the hell fire is the dwelling place of them all (i.e. the wicked). It has seven gates and within each gate there is an appropriate punishment for each inhabitant…" (Hijr: 44)

Imam As Sa'di (Rahimahullah) mentions in his tafseer: "The gates of Hell are structured one gate below the other descending, opposite the gates of paradise, which have one gate above the other ascending. The distance between each gate is 500 years prepared for Iblees and all of his followers.

You can read further here, but sorry if that doesn't much differ with the above answer :
        http://www.islamlife.com/religion2/c...gates-of-hell-

And this is also from IslamQA regarding layers of degrees in paradise and hell :

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/27075
        :GB_bonesrock:
        And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Discussed in an old thread, just dig it!

The 7 Gates of Hell
          http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-gates-of-hell
          :GB_bonesrock:
          And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            LockBox?

To think I spent that time discussing with you believing you were a Muslim.

:-/
            Salam brother,

What made you think I am not a Muslim, tell me what did I write to our Jewish brother who belongs to the family of the book that you didn't like?

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
              Discussed in an old thread, just dig it!

The 7 Gates of Hell
              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-gates-of-hell
              I say delete my thread and bump that one
              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Re: The seven gates of hell

bump
                My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                  As far as I know, the names of hell like Huthamah, Jahannam, Hawiyah, etc are mentioned in separated Qur'an verses. And it was said too in Qur'an that hell has 7 gates.

"Indeed the hell fire is the dwelling place of them all (i.e. the wicked). It has seven gates and within each gate there is an appropriate punishment for each inhabitant…" (Hijr: 44)

Imam As Sa'di (Rahimahullah) mentions in his tafseer: "The gates of Hell are structured one gate below the other descending, opposite the gates of paradise, which have one gate above the other ascending. The distance between each gate is 500 years prepared for Iblees and all of his followers.

You can read further here, but sorry if that doesn't much differ with the above answer :
                  http://www.islamlife.com/religion2/c...gates-of-hell-

And this is also from IslamQA regarding layers of degrees in paradise and hell :

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/27075
                  :jkk:

Comment

The idea of an eternal hell is one of the most obscene and hateful concepts ever conceived by man. It cripples the mind with fear and robs it of reason.

It baffles me how intelligent people can believe in a God that on one hand they call "The Most Merciful", but on the other hand creates a place to eternally torture people who failed to arrive at the correct set of inconclusive claims about him.
                    Last edited by thinkinghuman; 14-05-13, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thinkinghuman View Post
                      The idea of an eternal hell is one of the most obscene and hateful concepts ever conceived by man. It cripples the mind with fear and robs it of reason.

It baffles me how intelligent people can believe in a God that on one hand they call "The Most Merciful", but on the other hand creates a place to eternally torture people who failed to arrive at the correct set of inconclusive claims about a God who has chosen to keep himself hidden.
                      We live in hope that he will forgive us and we never have to see hell but that doesnt mean we disobey him in this life just because we have hope he will forgive us because he is the most merciful
                      My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

If Islam is true and if you go to heaven, will it truly never disturb you that while you enjoy the pleasures of Jannah, millions of humans are suffering the most agonising torture without end in Hell?

As Robert Ingersoll once said:

"Nothing could be worse that the horror of eternal Hell, other than to have to live eternally in the presence of it's creator."

Comment

If Islam is true and if you go to heaven, will it truly never disturb you that while you enjoy the pleasures of Jannah, millions of humans are suffering the most agonising torture without end in Hell?

"Nothing could be worse that the horror of eternal Hell, other than to have to live eternally in the presence of it's creator."
                          :start:

There will be justice on the day of Qiyamah.Not the justice of worldly people which is biased.But justice of Allah.
                          صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
                          Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Whatever your concept of Hell may be, I should hope that you'd agree that it- like everything else that exists- was created by G-d. For me, Hell is eternal separation from G-d, so the opposite- to be closer to G-d's presence for eternity- is my Heaven. Ingersoll was on to something, but in the wrong way- to be in G-d's presence for eternity is FAR better than to not be in his presence, regardless what the physical qualities of that separation might entail.

As for the fate of others, we all have our own deeds to answer for; I'm not responsible for how good or bad you or anyone else is. I think the old saw "you made your bed, now sleep in it" applies.

Comment

I d like to think about jannah more ;)...hell is quite scary..ESP its blazing fire!!!
                              ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X