Salatul Tasbeeh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salatul Tasbeeh

Salaatut-Tasbih ...Salman Bin Fahd al-Oada says "we know the prayer is not lawful. This is why none of the great legal scholars recommended it."
    I read a fatwa by Shaykh Salman Bin Fahd Al-Oadah (in http://islamtoday.net/english/showanswer.cfm?id=163 ) that Salaatut-Tasbih is not from the Sunnah and that the hadeeth referring to it is weak. He says his fatwah is based upon the following reasons: (1) The hadîth about this prayer is contradictory in many ways, (2) It was not recommended by any scholar. Ibn Taymiyah said: "Ahmad and his companions stated their dislike of it and no scholar recommended it." He also said: "Abû Hanîfah and al-Shafi`î knew nothing about it." (3) The Salman Bin Fahd al-Oada says "...we know the prayer is not lawful. This is why none of the great legal scholars recommended it.". Please could you clarify situation and also provide References? May Allaah enable me to join the most beneficial service you're providing and also give you istiqamaat in all the good you are doing.

The ruling regarding Salaatul Tasbeeh is that it is permissible and, in fact, very meritorious.

The Hadith in question has been accepted as Sahih (authentic) or Hasan (sound) by various emminent Masters of Hadith. Those that claimed that it was weak, did so on the basis of a few chains of the narration. However, if all the various chains be gathered, there will remain no doubt as to its authenticity.

Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalaani (RA) states that sometimes a Muhaddith classifies a certain Hadith as weak, very weak or even as a fabrication based on one or two chains that were available to him, whereas there may be other chains through which that Hadith may be classified as Hasan (sound) or even Sahih (authentic). (Anukat vol.2 pg.848-850)

Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) then mentions the Hadith of Salaat al-Tasbeeh as an example for this and he accepts it to be in fact either Sahih (authentic) or Hasan (sound) and not Dha’eef (weak). (Ibid)

Imaam Tirmidhi (RA) says that many Ulama, among them Imaam Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak (RA), have accepted the virtue of Salaat al-Tasbeeh. (Tirmidhi vol.2 pg.348; Hadith 481)

Imaam Bayhaqi (RA) states that ‘Salaat al-Tasbeeh was the practice of Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak and may pious predecessors of various eras. And this in fact lends strength to its acceptability.’ (Shu’ubul Imaam vol.1 pg.427; Ilmiyyah)

Allaamah Munzhiri (RA) mentions: Many Muhadditheen have accepted it’s authority from among them are: 1) Imaam Abu-bakr al-Ajurriy, 2) Imaam Abu Muhammad al-Misriy (Ustaadh of Allaamah Munzhiri), 3) Hafiz Abul-Hasan Maqdisi (Ustaadh of Allaamah Munzhiri), 4) Imaam Abu-Dawud and 5) Imaam Haakim. (Targheeb vol.1 pg.468)

Allaamah Suyuti (RA) has enumerated upto 20 great Muhadditheen who have accepted its authenticity. Besides those that are mentioned above, some of them are: 6) Hafiz Abu-Sa’eed al-Sam’aaniy, 7) Hafiz Khateeb al-Baghdaadiy, 8) Hafiz ibn-Mandah, 9) Imaam Bayhaqi, 10) Imaam al-Subkiy, 11) Imaam al-Nawawiy, 12) Haafiz ibn al-Salah, 13) Hafiz Abu-Musa al-Madiniy, 14) Hafiz al-Alaaeiy, 15) Imaam Siraaj-ud-Deen al-Bulqiniy, 16) Hafiz al-Zarkashiy and a few others. (al-Laalil Masnoo’ah vol.2 pg.42-44)

The following list of Muhadditheen is of those who have written detailed articles on this matter: 1) Imaam al-Daraaniy, 2) Imaam Abu-Musa al-Madiniy, 3) Imaam ibn Mandah, 4) Hafiz ibn Naasirud-Deen ad-Dimishqiy, Allaamah al-Suyyooti.

As for the claim of the writer, ‘It had been unknown to the great Imaams … and presumably Imaam Shaafi’ee (RA).’

This is a claim that lacks the support of explicit quotations from those illustrious Imaams as well as any reference. In fact, the books of Hanafi Fiqh support the view of its acceptance. (refer Shaami vol.2 pg.27; HM Saeed). And several Shaafi’ee Jurists have also endorsed it, namely Imaam al-Muhaamiliy, Imaam al-Juwaini, Imaam-ul-Haramayn, Imaam Ghazaaliy, Imaam Raafi’ee and others. (al-La-aaliy vol.2 pg.43; al-Azkaar of Imaam Nawawiy pg.242)

Khateeb Baghdaadiy (RA), who is Maaliki, states that there is no reason for it not being permissible. In fact, Imaam ibn Hajar (RA) has mentioned a quotation from Imaam Maaliki from which it could be deduced that it was acceptable in his Madhab. (refer Futuhaat al-Rabbaaniyyah vol.4 pg.321) Qaadhi Iyaad Maaliki (RA) has also accepted its virtue. (Ibid)

As far as Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (RA) is concerned, Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) has stated that he had reversed his decision and was possibly inclined towards its acceptability later on. (Futuhaat al-Rabbaaniyyah vol.4 pg.318, 320)

From the above, it is apparent that there can be no doubt regarding Salaat al-Tasbeeh being an act of virtue which has been established authentically. And is accepted by a large number of celebrated scholars of Hadith as well as the scholars of Fiqh (jurisprudence).

Imaams Taajud-Deen Subki (RA) and Badrud-Deen Zarkashi have stated that it is from the fundamentals of Deen and anyone who discards it despite knowing its virtue is not on the correct path. (Futuhaat vol.4 pg.321-322)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Moulana Muhammad ibn Moulana Haroon Abassommar
    FACULTY OF SPECIALTY IN HADITH

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Salatul Tasbeeh is not proved to be a sunnah/ in other words show me one hadith, just one, that says Rasulullah, SAWS, did it.....go ahead, lets have it...

I am sure you will find that most if not all the ahadith only say that it was recommended but not done by Rasulullah, SAWS.... this is exactly the kind of ******* that Islam can do without, people who constantly want to focus on issues that are of no importance to this ummah right now/ GenN your over here worried about some obscure SouthEast Asian Salaah, when brother are dying and sisters are being violated in more than 5 different Muslim regions... wake up GenN...

Comment

Is this the salah that the Imam recites subhana wal hamdulilah wallahu akbar when He is standing and on sucud

Comment

SAlat ul- Tasbeeh and the Authenticed AHadiths

asa
        iam a new meber here, and hope to lern alot,
        there is rumors goin around tehat the hadtih stating salat-ul-tasbih is a weak hadith
        can some1 plz tell ma abt this, and state a hadith by imam bukhari or muslim stating that its authenctic hadith and this prayeyer is valid
        thanx
        jazak allah khair
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

The scholars are divided on this salat. This salat was only reported from al-Abbas (ra), the Prophet's (saw) uncle by Abu’Dawood in a single hadith. Some scholars say that one of the narrators in the chain is weak. Sheikh al-Baani (rahima'ullah) though said that it is Saheeh.

I used to pray it, but now I have decided not to, because, by using my reasoning, I figured that if there is any doubt in an act of ibadah (worship) thats a sunnah and not fard, I would rather spend my time in an act of sunnah that has no doubt in it. So, instead of praying salat-ul-tasbih, I might just do more tahajud prayers.
          Hope that helps.
          The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

Comment

Assalamu alaykum,

I recommend you visit www.sunnipath.com and Ask a question if you need further clarification on the following reply:

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00001254.aspx

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00001255.aspx

Comment

is it stated in the books of imam bukhari or imam muslim, because those two r thse most authentic hadeeeth collectors

Comment

erm......sure but they are not the only collections which contain Saheeh authenticated Hadith!

Did you read the two links I have posted?

It would be worth you sitting with a Shaykh to take your prayer from them.

Comment

Huja salatul tasbih is explained below.

Same old salafi gar bage Abu njam. How do you know the prophet Sallallaho Alihiwassallam did not read this salat? The fact that he has recommended it shows that it is permissbale and that he may very well have read it (but of course according to you somethiung recommended by Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) is a load of as you put it ******** ). In the books of hadith we have a very small portion of the Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) life has been portryaed to us. The reports of him reading this salaahmay not have reached us, but of him recomending this slaat have reached us. Why are you such a big blind follower of salafis? Did you again fail to read all the evidence i provided? And as for you claim about people dying and us talking about these issues then that has to be so absurd like most of your views. This seciton of the forum is about basic islam. If you don't want to be here, then don't be here no bodies asking you to be here. I'm also participating on jihad threads and muslims dying threads. You want us to leave everything else and focus just on jihad?

Benefits of Salat-Ul-Tasbih
                  Our Master Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father’s brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)

How to perform Salatul Tasbih?
                  This salaat (namaz) is offered in four rakat at a time and can be read in any part of the day and night besides Zawal and Sunrise and Sunset makrooh times, keeping in mind the forbidden times for performing Salat (namaaz). But is is preferred before Zuhr (Fatawa Alamgeeri)

The Tasbih to be read in Salaat-Ul-Tasbeeh:
                  " Subhaan Allahi Wal Hamdulillahi Wa Laa ilaha illal Laahu Wallahu Akbar "

Method:
                  Goal is to recite above Tasbih 300 times in Four Rakah with the following method.
                  In the first rakaat, after reading Sana "Subhaana Kallahumma...", read the above tasbih 15 times.
                  Now recite Aaoz "Aoozubillah...", Bismillah "Bismillah...", Then read sura Fatiha and a Surah or minimum of three small Ayayhs then read the tasbih 10 times again.
                  Go to ruku saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar), after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Ruku.
                  Saying "Samee Allahu Liman Hamidah Rabbana Lakal Hamdh" get up from ruku to qiyam position.
                  Now read the tasbih 10 times.
                  Go to Sajdah saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah.
                  Now go after first Sajdah go to Jalsa (sitting position) saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar). Sitting in Jalsa read tasbih 10 times.
                  Go to sajda again saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah again.
                  Get up to begin 2nd rakat saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar).
                  Do rakah #2 in same fashion, but before reading Bismillah "Bismillah...", and Surah Fatiha, read the tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat.
                  After second Sajdah of Second Rakat sit in Qaidah Oola (first sitting) read Attahiyat, Durood and Dua then get up for 3rd rakaat without saying Salam.
                  Begin third Rakat, just like the first Rakat, with Sana "Subhaana Kallahumma...", read the above tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat untill you sit for Qaidah Akihra (last sitting) after second sajdah of fourth Rakah.
                  In Qaidah Akihra Attahiyat, Durood, Dua finish Salah with Salam.

Special notes for Salat-Ul-Tasbih:
                  1) Do not count loudly. It will break Salah
                  2) Do not count on fingers or by holding a Bead Tasbih in hand. It is Makruh.
                  3) You may count by pressing the fingers as a reminder. For example if you are in Ruku. You me press pinky of your right hand first for the first count, then the finger next to it for second count, then the middle finger for third count, following this method untill you reach the pinky of left hand will give you an exact count of ten. Use the same method in Qayam, Sajdah and Jalsa.
                  4) If missed a count then make it up in the next posture. For example if forgot to recite Tasbih after Surah in Qayam. Then you may recite Tasbish 20 times instead of 10 in Rukuh after "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem". Missed Tasbih cannot be recited in Qayam after ruku and Jalsa between Sajdah. If you missed the Tasbih in Ruku then recite 20 in the first Sajdah instead of the Qayam after rukuh. Similarly if missed the Tasbih in first Sajdah then do not make it up in Jalsa. Instead recite missed tasbih in the second Sajdah. If Tasbih has been missed in last sajdah of second or fourth Rakah then you can recite the missed ones before Attahiyat in Qaidah.
                  5) If you miss a wajib in Salah and have to do Sajdah Sahaw. You dont have to recite Tasbih in Sajdah sahoo, since the 300 count has been estalished. But if you had missed Tasbih in any of the postures and remeber it now. Then you may recite the missed Tasbih in Sajdah Sahaw now.
                  6) It is preferable to recite after Surah Fatiha Sura Takathuur in the first raka’, Surah Wal A’sr in the second raka’, Surah Kaferoon (qul ya aiyuhal Kafiroon) in the third and Surah Akhlas (Qul hu Allah-hu ahd) in the fourth raka’. If one does not remember these surah they can recite the ones they prefer.

May Allah accept this dua’ (supplication) for the sake of the trustworthy PROPHET MOHAMMED (Allah’s Grace & Peace be upon him)

Comment

i did read them
                    but still am sure uve herd abt all the opinions goin around
                    cose now some pplz are saying its a weak hadith, u no
                    that y i am lookin for more saheeh hadith

Comment

Ignore them..... and, it IS a Saheeh Hadith!

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm
                        Salatul Tasbeeh is not proved to be a sunnah/ in other words show me one hadith, just one, that says Rasulullah, SAWS, did it.....go ahead, lets have it...

There must be hadis. Other wise the ulama of the ummah (may allah protect them)

would not have done them

Comment

plz provide more than one evidence plzzz

Comment

plz provide more than one evidence plzzz
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiasha,
                            Sister, there is only ONE evidence (ONLY ONE hadith) on this Salat per my comment above. Thats why some scholars recommed not to bother with it, where others say it is OK to pray it. It is upto the individual.
                            The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

Comment

Huja, ive already given one such hadith above.

Our Master Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father’s brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)

Also take note of this

Imaams Taajud-Deen Subki (RA) and Badrud-Deen Zarkashi have stated that it is from the fundamentals of Deen and anyone who discards it despite knowing its virtue is not on the correct path. (Futuhaat vol.4 pg.321-322)

Comment

Working...
                              X