is fast valid after Fajr?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is fast valid after Fajr?

AlhamdulIllah a sister got up for suhur 1 hour after start of Fajr, and she mistakenly thought the time was before Fajr so she did suhur with the intention of making up a fast today. Later she realised she had suhur late. Is the fast valid or not?
    There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Re: is fast valid after Fajr?

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
    AlhamdulIllah a sister got up for suhur 1 hour after start of Fajr, and she mistakenly thought the time was before Fajr so she did suhur with the intention of making up a fast today. Later she realised she had suhur late. Is the fast valid or not?
    Insha'Allah it will be. Even if one eats (in forgetfulness), whilst fasting, it will still be valid (insha'Allah).
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

^ you sure about that... I think it's a different ruling to eating in forgetfulness.

But I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
        Insha'Allah it will be. Even if one eats (in forgetfulness), whilst fasting, it will still be valid (insha'Allah).
        does it come under forgetfulness though? let me explain better. fajr azaan was at 4 oclock. she woke up at 4.45 thinking it was 3.45. she ate before 5 (thinking it is 4) and then after 5 oclock she realised that is was actually 4.45, not 3.45. is the fast valid or no. the intention was there, but mixed up with timing.
        There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post
          ^ you sure about that... I think it's a different ruling to eating in forgetfulness.

But I don't know.
          From Shaykh Muhammad Bin Saleh Al-Uthaimeen :

A fast does not break in the case of forgetfulness, ignorance, or compulsion according to Allah’s saying “Our Rabb! Do not punish us if we forget or fall into error” and His saying, “Except who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with faith”.

And His saying, “And there is sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake except in regard to what your heart deliberately intend.” (Al-Ahzab: Ayah 5)

Re. a person eating/drinking in a state of forgetfulness, his/her fast wouldn’t be broken, and if one eats or drinks thinking that the sun has set or the day hasn’t broken, one’s fast is still valid (due to ignorance). Also, if one rinses his mouth letting water go inside his throat by mistake, such rinsing will not break his fast because it is not done intentionally.

Nocturnal emission (wet dream) also doesn't break the fast because it's not intentional.
          Originally posted by cuezed View Post
          does it come under forgetfulness though? let me explain better. fajr azaan was at 4 oclock. she woke up at 4.45 thinking it was 3.45. she ate before 5 (thinking it is 4) and then after 5 oclock she realised that is was actually 4.45, not 3.45. is the fast valid or no. the intention was there, but mixed up with timing.
          See above response, Brother.
          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

her fast isn't valid. She needs to make the make-up. this deliberate eating does not come under forgetfulness.
            Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
              her fast isn't valid. She needs to make the make-up. this deliberate eating does not come under forgetfulness.
              It was an (un-deliberate) error on behalf of the individual, therefore the fast will be valid (insha'Allah); read the following :

A fast does not break in the case of forgetfulness, ignorance, or compulsion according to Allah’s saying “Our Rabb! Do not punish us if we forget or fall into error” and His saying, “Except who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with faith”.

And His saying, “And there is sin on you concerning that in which you made a mistake except in regard to what your heart deliberately intend.”
              (Al-Ahzab: Ayah 5)

Comment

did she make she make the niyah to fast ie the night before she went to sleep? if not then her fast is not valid.
                if she did make niyah then it was purely a mistake and the fast would be valid.
                Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Please post evidence from the Quran/Sunnah to support this,

:jkk:
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

It was an (un-deliberate) error on behalf of the individual, therefore the fast will be valid (insha'Allah); read the following :

(Al-Ahzab: Ayah 5)
                    She ate with Deliberation, with the Intention of Eating ...

It is best for her to Make up that Fast.

:jkk:
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

please stop giving fatwaas if you are not sure about something.
                      her fast wont be valid at all but there is a diffent rulling when she kept her fast then later she eats by mistake without realising shes fasting

Comment

Originally posted by mgk81 View Post
                        did she make she make the niyah to fast ie the night before she went to sleep? if not then her fast is not valid.
                        if she did make niyah then it was purely a mistake and the fast would be valid.
                        its not about making the niyyah here , her fast wont be valid. i am 100% sure thats the fatwaa

Comment

people like to follow what they feel is right and make a ruling about the shariah based on that.
                          Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

al Mujaahidah the niyah has everything to do with begining and the end of fasting!!!!!!!!!!!!! one has to make the intention for the fast to be valid.

does anyone know what deliberate means?????

eg so when someone is fasting and during the day he walks past the table and takes the sweet and eats it, (putting this in your way of thinking) when you eat something means that there is a want isnt that so, so then that means he deliberately ate the sweet. or does this fall under forgetting that you fasting?

so now someone overslept and thinks that its not yet fajr and eats, that is deliberate!!!!!!!! yes its deliberate as is would anyone who wakes for suhur, you deliberately eat.
                            if it was deliberate (ie knowing that its way past the deadline of suhur) no one would even pose a question, asking, is the fast still valid, unless such a person does not know the rules of fasting.

and people need more to study the religion ie not from searching the net, make the effort to learn from a qualified teacher.
                            and this does not come from what one feels, as one poster has given ayah from the quran as evidence regarding intention (is that what he feels or is it from ALLAH) and if you do research or rather speak to someone with knowledge rather then searching the net, you would get the correct answer.

and why i ask did she make niyyah the evening is such that some people make the niyyah when waking for suhur, which means if she too did not make the niyyah before fajr then only would her fast not be valid and then should fast again.

youve put a misinterpretation of deliberate on this one.
                            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

I thought suhr ends when the white thread appears i.e. not on a certain time period.
                              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X