Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

    dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

    or is it biddah?

    I noticed certain masjids due congregational dua's whilst some dont.

    why is this?
    'Seeking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'
    (This slogan is copyright to 247 Products UK).

    #2
    Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

    this is what ive heard about this:

    The prophet (saw) did congregational dua on some occasions e.g. before a war, in Jumma khuthba etc. but he didnt do it after every fard salat as many musjids do. so some scholars say it is bidah for that reason.
    however
    some argue that its not bidah because congregational dua is allowed, and it hasnt been forbidden after fard salat.
    also some imams argue that many people dont know that it is good to do dua after salat. those who do know its good, they make dua for worldly things, but never things like forgiveness etc. so the some imams prefer to do it in a group because the imam know the right things to make dua for (i hope that made sense lol)

    thats all i know about congregational dua. is it bidah or not? i dont know tbh. i think it would be best to bug scholars about this.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

      Originally posted by thetruth View Post
      dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

      or is it biddah?
      You have to differentiate between 'good' bida and 'bad' (bida). Not all innovation is haraam.
      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

      QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

      Comment


        #4
        Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

        Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
        You have to differentiate between 'good' bida and 'bad' (bida). Not all innovation is haraam.

        ok, but then why is it that only a certain group of muslims read the dua in such a fashion and others dont. I mean the only group that tend to do this are the sufi's or beralwis...if you know what I mean, why dont the rest do it?
        'Seeking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'
        (This slogan is copyright to 247 Products UK).

        Comment


          #5
          Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

          Originally posted by thetruth View Post
          ok, but then why is it that only a certain group of muslims read the dua in such a fashion and others dont. I mean the only group that tend to do this are the sufi's or beralwis...if you know what I mean, why dont the rest do it?
          most hanafi masjids do this
          its not sufi thing. I heard in a lecture by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf that in the maliki madhab its makruh to do it after every salat. and HY is a sufi so I think it differs from madhab to madhab.
          Last edited by Uthman Ibn Afan; 20-10-09, 10:11 PM.
          http://kondori.wordpress.com/

          Like this page on FB
          HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

          Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

          "...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

          "We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
          Shaykh Akram Nadwi


          Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh


          http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

          Comment


            #6
            Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

            Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
            most hanafi masjids do this
            its not an exclusive sufi thing. I heard in a lecture by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf that in the maliki madhab its makruh to do it after every salat. and HY is a sufi so I think it differs from madhab to madhab.
            so, according to the hanafi madhab, its a done then to do dua in congregation, after a funeral / janaza, weddings etc??
            'Seeking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'
            (This slogan is copyright to 247 Products UK).

            Comment


              #7
              Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

              Nothing wrong with making du'a after salaah but if some think it's a must, part of salaah, a sunnah etc then that is wrong.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

                Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                You have to differentiate between 'good' bida and 'bad' (bida). Not all innovation is haraam.
                What is your source????

                I always hear in Khutbah that any innovation in Islaam is a bidra and every bidra leads to hellfire!!!

                Brother, Also know that this deen al Islaam, is a complete one, and hence we are not allowed to remove nor add anything new to it!!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

                  Originally posted by Binyamine View Post
                  What is your source????

                  I always hear in Khutbah that any innovation in Islaam is a bidra and every bidra leads to hellfire!!!

                  Brother, Also know that this deen al Islaam, is a complete one, and hence we are not allowed to remove nor add anything new to it!!!
                  So would you say that microphones during the salah is bidah? or televising taraweeh from Mecca? etc etc

                  Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                  (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

                    Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                    So would you say that microphones during the salah is bidah? or televising taraweeh from Mecca? etc etc
                    Peace mercy and blessing of Allah be upon all of us.

                    Dear sister, i never implied it. Please do not deform my post:(

                    Bidra in religion would mean innovation in the way we supplicate and worship our Lord Allah.

                    As for microphone it is a must in places where in a masjid we have thousands of people. Technology has its place in ISLAAM, but innovation in way of supplicating and worshipping of Allah is wrong. Know that whatever we need to know about these 2 aspects have already been taught to us by our beloved prophet Mohammad ( peace be upon him ):inlove:

                    If i thought that way we thought that i think, then i would never be using the computer and the internet!!!:p

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

                      ive lisened to many lectures e.g yasir qadhi stating the congregational dua after every jammah fard is bida as its a act of worship i choose to do my tasbeeh and do an individual dua and leave this usually before they have finished their congregational dua.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

                        Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                        You have to differentiate between 'good' bida and 'bad' (bida). Not all innovation is haraam.
                        What? Good and Bad bid'ah? You confused or something?
                        http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

                          Originally posted by Binyamine View Post
                          Peace mercy and blessing of Allah be upon all of us.

                          Dear sister, i never implied it. Please do not deform my post:(

                          Bidra in religion would mean innovation in the way we supplicate and worship our Lord Allah.

                          As for microphone it is a must in places where in a masjid we have thousands of people. Technology has its place in ISLAAM, but innovation in way of supplicating and worshipping of Allah is wrong. Know that whatever we need to know about these 2 aspects have already been taught to us by our beloved prophet Mohammad ( peace be upon him ):inlove:

                          If i thought that way we thought that i think, then i would never be using the computer and the internet!!!:p
                          Why do you refer to it as bidra?
                          Remove matzo

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

                            Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                            You have to differentiate between 'good' bida and 'bad' (bida). Not all innovation is haraam.
                            Originally posted by Binyamine View Post
                            What is your source????

                            I always hear in Khutbah that any innovation in Islaam is a bidra and every bidra leads to hellfire!!!

                            Brother, Also know that this deen al Islaam, is a complete one, and hence we are not allowed to remove nor add anything new to it!!!
                            Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
                            What? Good and Bad bid'ah? You confused or something?
                            Brothers, please see the following link :

                            The Concept of Bid'a in the Islamic Shari'a

                            (The following is the text of a talk given by Shaikh Nuh Ha Mim Keller at Nottingham and Trent University on Wednesday 25th January 1995) :

                            http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/bida.htm
                            'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

                            QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: dua in congregation - is it sunnah?

                              Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                              You have to differentiate between 'good' bida and 'bad' (bida). Not all innovation is haraam.
                              ? Thats a Phenomenon coming from you LOL ! :D

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X