• Show
Clear All

• bitter_sweet
    started a topic Hadeeth A Day!

Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum:up:
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..:(
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09, 05:57 PM.

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Whoever guarantees me (the chastity of) what is between his legs (i.e. his private parts), and what is between his jaws (i.e., his tongue), I guarantee him Paradise.” حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ أَبِي بَكْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عُمَرُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ‏.‏ وَحَدَّثَنِي خَلِيفَةُ، حَدَّثَنَا عُمَرُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو حَازِمٍ، عَنْ سَهْلِ بْنِ سَعْدٍ السَّاعِدِيِّ، قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ مَنْ تَوَكَّلَ لِي مَا بَيْنَ رِجْلَيْهِ وَمَا بَيْنَ لَحْيَيْهِ، تَوَكَّلْتُ لَهُ بِالْجَنَّةِ ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6807, In-book reference: Book 86, Hadith 37, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 8, Book 82, Hadith 799 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/86/37)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    An-Nawas bin Sama'an (RA) narrated that a man came asking the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) about righteousness and sin. So the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Righteouness is good behaviour, and sin is what fluctuates in your chest, and you would hate that the people discovered it about you." (Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 36, Hadith 86)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Hurairah (RA) reported: Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, "Wealth does not diminish by giving Sadaqah (charity). Allah augments the honour of one who forgives; and one who serves another seeking the pleasure of Allah, Allah will exalt him in ranks."

(Riyad as-Salihin, Book 1, Hadith 603)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Huraira (RA) reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying: Charity does not in any way decrease the wealth and the servant who forgives Allah adds to his respect, and the one who shows humility Allah elevates him in the estimation (of the people). (Sahih Muslim, Book 45, Hadith 90)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Dharr (RA) is reported as saying, "Your putting some of the water from your bucket in your brother's bucket is sadaqa. Your removing stones, thorns and bones from people's path is sadaqa. Your guiding a man in a place where there are no guides is sadaqa." (Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Book 38, Hadith 4)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, Satan will laugh at him.” حَدَّثَنَا آدَمُ بْنُ أَبِي إِيَاسٍ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ أَبِي ذِئْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدٌ الْمَقْبُرِيُّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْعُطَاسَ، وَيَكْرَهُ التَّثَاؤُبَ، فَإِذَا عَطَسَ فَحَمِدَ اللَّهَ، فَحَقٌّ عَلَى كُلِّ مُسْلِمٍ سَمِعَهُ أَنْ يُشَمِّتَهُ، وَأَمَّا التَّثَاوُبُ فَإِنَّمَا هُوَ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ، فَلْيَرُدَّهُ مَا اسْتَطَاعَ، فَإِذَا قَالَ هَا‏.‏ ضَحِكَ مِنْهُ الشَّيْطَانُ ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6223, In-book reference: Book 78, Hadith 247, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 8, Book 73, Hadith 242 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/78/247)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated that Al-Qasim bin Muhammad (RA) said: "I heard my paternal aunt say: 'The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said; "Whoever among you is appointed to a position of authority. If Allah wills good for him. He will give him a righteous minister who will remind him if he forgets and help him if he remembers. (Sunan an-Nasa'i, Vol. 5, Book 39, Hadith 56)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated from Aisha (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "The one who is proficient with the Qur'an will be with the noble and righteous scribes (the angels), and the one who reads it and stumbles over it, finding it difficult, will have a double reward." (Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 5, Book 33, Hadith 124)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated from Ibn Abi Sa'eed Al-Khudri (RA) that his father said: "I passed by the Prophet (peace be upon him) when he was performing Wudu' from the well of Buda'ah. I said: 'Are you performing Wudu' from it when garbage is thrown into it?' He said: 'Water is not made impure by anything.'" (Sunan an-Nasa'i, Book 2, Hadith 3)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Sa'id Al Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, “If a person embraces Islam sincerely, then Allah shall forgive all his past sins, and after that starts the settlement of accounts, the reward of his good deeds will be ten times to seven hundred times for each good deed and one evil deed will be recorded as it is unless Allah forgives it.” قَالَ مَالِكٌ أَخْبَرَنِي زَيْدُ بْنُ أَسْلَمَ، أَنَّ عَطَاءَ بْنَ يَسَارٍ، أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيَّ أَخْبَرَهُ أَنَّهُ، سَمِعَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ إِذَا أَسْلَمَ الْعَبْدُ فَحَسُنَ إِسْلاَمُهُ يُكَفِّرُ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ كُلَّ سَيِّئَةٍ كَانَ زَلَفَهَا، وَكَانَ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ الْقِصَاصُ، الْحَسَنَةُ بِعَشْرِ أَمْثَالِهَا إِلَى سَبْعِمِائَةِ ضِعْفٍ، وَالسَّيِّئَةُ بِمِثْلِهَا إِلاَّ أَنْ يَتَجَاوَزَ اللَّهُ عَنْهَا ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 41, In-book reference: Book 2, Hadith 34, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 41 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/2/34)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Musa (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) entered a garden and told me to guard its gate. Then a man came and asked permission to enter. The Prophet (peace be upon him), said, "Permit him and give him the good news that he will enter Paradise." Behold! It was Abu Bakr (RA). Then `Umar (RA) came, and the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Admit him and give him the good news that he will enter Paradise." Then `Uthman (RA) came and the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Admit him and give him the good news that he will enter Paradise. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 95, Hadith 16)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Bakkar ibn 'Abdu'l-'Aziz (RA) reported from his grandfather that the Prophet (peace be upon him), said, "Allah will defer whatever wrong actions He wills until the Day of Rising except for tyrannical behavior, disobeying parents or cutting off relatives. He will punish the one who commits those things in this world before he dies." (Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Book 30, Hadith 54)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated from Aishah (RA) that: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Marriage is part of my sunnah, and whoever does not follow my sunnah has nothing to do with me. Get married, for I will boast of your great numbers before the nations. Whoever has the means, let him get married, and whoever does not, then he should fast for it will diminish his desire.” (Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1919)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him): I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying, “The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for.” حَدَّثَنَا الْحُمَيْدِيُّ عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ الزُّبَيْرِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ سَعِيدٍ الأَنْصَارِيُّ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ التَّيْمِيُّ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ عَلْقَمَةَ بْنَ وَقَّاصٍ اللَّيْثِيَّ، يَقُولُ سَمِعْتُ عُمَرَ بْنَ الْخَطَّابِ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَلَى الْمِنْبَرِ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ إِنَّمَا الأَعْمَالُ بِالنِّيَّاتِ، وَإِنَّمَا لِكُلِّ امْرِئٍ مَا نَوَى، فَمَنْ كَانَتْ هِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى دُنْيَا يُصِيبُهَا أَوْ إِلَى امْرَأَةٍ يَنْكِحُهَا فَهِجْرَتُهُ إِلَى مَا هَاجَرَ إِلَيْهِ ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 1, In-book reference: Book 1, Hadith 1, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 1 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/1/1)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X