• Show
Clear All

• bitter_sweet
    started a topic Hadeeth A Day!

Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum:up:
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..:(
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09, 05:57 PM.

• O2K
    replied
    Aishah (RA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:" Six are cursed, being cursed by Allah and by every Prophet that came: The one who adds to Allah's Book, the one who denies Allah's Qadar, the one who rules with tyranny by which he honors whom Allah has debased, and he dishonors whom Allah has honored, and the one who legalizes what Allah forbade, and the one from my family who legalizes what Allah forbade, and the abandoner of my Sunnah." (Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 32, Hadith 2307)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): Some people asked the Prophet (peace be upon him): "Who is the most honorable amongst the people?" He replied, "The most honorable among them is the one who is the most Allah-fearing." They said, "O Allah's Prophet! We do not ask about this." He said, "Then the most honorable person is Joseph, Allah's Prophet, the son of Allah's Prophet, the son of Allah's Prophet, the son of Allah's Khalil." They said, "We do not ask about this." He said, "Then you want to ask me about the Arabs' descent?" They said, "Yes." He said, "Those who were best in the pre-lslamic period, are the best in Islam, if they comprehend (the religious knowledge). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 4, Book 60, Hadith 53)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar (RA): Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection. " (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 3, Book 46, Hadith 3)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (ﷺ) said “Certainly a time will come when people will not bother to know from where they earned the money, by lawful means or unlawful means.” (See Hadith no. 2050) حَدَّثَنَا آدَمُ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ أَبِي ذِئْبٍ، حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدٌ الْمَقْبُرِيُّ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ لَيَأْتِيَنَّ عَلَى النَّاسِ زَمَانٌ لاَ يُبَالِي الْمَرْءُ بِمَا أَخَذَ الْمَالَ، أَمِنْ حَلاَلٍ أَمْ مِنْ حَرَامٍ ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 2083, In-book reference: Book 34, Hadith 36, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 3, Book 34, Hadith 296 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/34/36)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Huraira (RA) reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of my Ummah is that of a person who lit fire and there began to fall into it insects and moths. And I am there to hold you back, but you plunge into it. (Sahih Muslim, Book 43, Hadith 18)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated that Abu Hurairah (RA) said: “Then the Verse of Li’an was revealed, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: ‘Any woman who attributed her child to people to whom he does not belong, then she has no relation to (the religion of) Allah, and she will never enter Paradise, and any man who rejects his child, while he recognizes him, Allah will screen Himself from him on the Day of Resurrection and disgrace him before the witnesses.’” (Sunan Ibn Majah, Book 23, Hadith 2848)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Darda (RA) heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) say that: "The father is the middle door of Paradise (i.e. the best way to Paradise), so it is up to you whether you take advantage of it or not." (Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 5, Book 33, Hadith 7)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with him): A man said, “O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! How is the prayer of the night?” He said, “Two rak`at followed by two rak`at and so on, and when you apprehend the approaching dawn, offer one rak`a as witr.” حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْيَمَانِ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي سَالِمُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عُمَرَ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ إِنَّ رَجُلاً قَالَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ، كَيْفَ صَلاَةُ اللَّيْلِ قَالَ ‏ "‏ مَثْنَى مَثْنَى، فَإِذَا خِفْتَ الصُّبْحَ فَأَوْتِرْ بِوَاحِدَةٍ ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 1137, In-book reference: Book 19, Hadith 18, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 21, Hadith 238 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/19/18)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated that Abdullah bin Abi Qais (RA) said: "I asked Aishah (RA): "How did the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) recite at night - did he recite loudly or silently?" She said: 'He used to do both; sometimes he recited loudly and sometimes he recited silently.'" (Sunan an-Nasa'i, Vol. 2, Book 20, Hadith 65)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Aws bin Aws (RA) narrated: "Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said to me: 'Whoever performs Ghusl on Friday, and bathes completely, and goes early, arriving early, gets close and listens and is silent, there will be for him in every step he take the reward of a year of fasting and standing (in prayer).'" (Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 1, Book 4, Hadith 9)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (RA): Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "When the believers pass safely over (the bridge across) Hell, they will be stopped at a bridge in between Hell and Paradise where they will retaliate upon each other for the injustices done among them in the world, and when they get purified of all their sins, they will be admitted into Paradise. By Him in Whose Hands the life of Muhammad (peace be upon him) is everybody will recognize his dwelling in Paradise better than he recognizes his dwelling in this world." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol3, Book 46, Hadith 1)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud (RA): "Allah has not created in the heavens nor in the earth what is more magnificent than Ayat Al-Kursi." Sufyan said: "Because Ayat Al-Kursi is the Speech of Allah, and Allah's Speech is greater than Allah's creation of the heavens and the earth." (Tirmidhi Vol. 5, Book 42, Hadith 2884)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Enjoining, all that is good is a Sadaqa.” حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ عَيَّاشٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو غَسَّانَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُنْكَدِرِ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ كُلُّ مَعْرُوفٍ صَدَقَةٌ ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6021, In-book reference: Book 78, Hadith 52, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 8, Book 73, Hadith 50 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/78/52)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated from Aishah (RA) that: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Marriage is part of my sunnah, and whoever does not follow my sunnah has nothing to do with me. Get married, for I will boast of your great numbers before the nations. Whoever has the means, let him get married, and whoever does not, then he should fast for it will diminish his desire.” (Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X