• Show
Clear All

• bitter_sweet
    started a topic Hadeeth A Day!

Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum:up:
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..:(
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09, 05:57 PM.

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated that Abu Kabshah Al-Anmari (RA) said:“The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: ‘The likeness of this nation is that of four people: A man to whom Allah gives wealth and knowledge, so he acts according to his knowledge with regard to his wealth, spending it as it should be spent; a man to whom Allah gives knowledge, but he does not give him wealth, so he says: “If I had been given (wealth) like this one, I would have done what (the first man) did.” The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: ‘They will be equal in reward. And a man to whom Allah gives wealth but does not give knowledge, so he squanders his wealth and spends it in inappropriate ways; and a man to whom Allah gives neither knowledge nor wealth, and he says: “If I had (wealth) like this one, I would do what (the third man) did.” The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: ‘They are equal in their burden (of sin).’” (Sahih Vol. 5, Book 37, Hadith 4228)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Bakr ibn Hafs (RA) reported that 'Abdullah would not eat unless an orphan was at his table. (Sahih, Al-Albani, Book 7, Hadith 8)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Ibn `Umar (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Oppression will be a darkness on the Day of Resurrection." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 46, Hadith 8)

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الْيَمَانِ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو الزِّنَادِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ الأَعْرَجِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏

‏ لاَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ حَتَّى يُقْبَضَ الْعِلْمُ، وَتَكْثُرَ الزَّلاَزِلُ، وَيَتَقَارَبَ الزَّمَانُ، وَتَظْهَرَ الْفِتَنُ، وَيَكْثُرَ الْهَرْجُ ـ وَهْوَ الْقَتْلُ الْقَتْلُ ـ حَتَّى يَكْثُرَ فِيكُمُ الْمَالُ فَيَفِيضُ ‏"

‏‏‏

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The Hour (Last Day) will not be established until (religious) knowledge will be taken away (by the death of religious learned men), earthquakes will be very frequent, time will pass quickly, afflictions will appear, murders will increase and money will overflow amongst you." (See Hadith No. 85 Vol 1).

Sahih al-Bukhari 1036
    In-book : Book 15, Hadith 31
    USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 2, Book 17, Hadith 146 (deprecated)
    Sahih Bukhari

Get Hadith Collection (All in one) App:https://goo.gl/8j06i9
    #GreentechApps #Hadith

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Jabir reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said:

Iblis places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating dissension) ; the nearer to him in rank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: "I did so and so." And he says: "You have done nothing." Then one amongst them comes and says: "I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife." The Satan goes near him and says: "You have done well." A'mash said: He then embraces him.

https://sunnah.com/muslim/52/60

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated from Abu Ayyub (May Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadan then follows it with six days of Shawwal, it is as if he fasted for a lifetime.” حَدَّثَنَا عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ نُمَيْرٍ، عَنْ سَعْدِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ ثَابِتٍ، عَنْ أَبِي أَيُّوبَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏ "‏ مَنْ صَامَ رَمَضَانَ ثُمَّ أَتْبَعَهُ بِسِتٍّ مِنْ شَوَّالٍ كَانَ كَصَوْمِ الدَّهْرِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ (Grade: Sahih (Darussalam), English reference: Vol. 1, Book 7, Hadith 1716, Arabic reference: Book 7, Hadith 1787, https://sunnah.com/urn/1271190)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (RA):The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: When three are on a journey, they should appoint one of them as their commander. (Sunan Abi Dawud, Book 15, Hadith 132)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Hurayra (RA) said, "The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked, 'Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), to whom should I be dutiful?' 'Your mother,' he replied. He was asked, 'Then whom?' 'Your mother,' he replied. He was asked, 'Then whom?' 'Your mother,' he replied. He was asked, 'Then whom?' He replied, 'Your father.'" (Sahih al-Albani Book 1, Hadith 5)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Sahl (RA): Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "I and the one who looks after an orphan will be like this in Paradise," showing his middle and index fingers and separating them. (Sahih al-Bukhari, book 5304)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Ibn 'Abbas (RA) narrated: "I was behind the Prophet (peace be upon him) one day when he said: 'O boy! I will teach you a statement: Be mindful of Allah and He will protect you. Be mindful of Allah and you will find Him before you. When you ask, ask Allah, and when you seek aid, seek Allah's aid. Know that if the entire creation were to gather together to do something to benefit you- you would never get any benefit except that Allah had written for you. And if they were to gather to do something to harm you- you would never be harmed except that Allah had written for you. The pens are lifted and the pages are dried.'" (Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 4, Book 37, Hadith 2706)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) never proceeded (for the prayer) on the Day of `Id-ul-Fitr unless he had eaten some dates. Anas also narrated: The Prophet (ﷺ) used to eat odd number of dates. حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحِيمِ، حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا هُشَيْمٌ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ أَبِي بَكْرِ بْنِ أَنَسٍ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ، قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لاَ يَغْدُو يَوْمَ الْفِطْرِ حَتَّى يَأْكُلَ تَمَرَاتٍ‏.‏ وَقَالَ مُرَجَّى بْنُ رَجَاءٍ حَدَّثَنِي عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي أَنَسٌ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَيَأْكُلُهُنَّ وِتْرًا‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 953, In-book reference: Book 13, Hadith 5, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 2, Book 15, Hadith 73 (deprecated numbering scheme, https://sunnah.com/bukhari/13/5)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated that 'Abdullah bin Abi Bakr (RA) said: "I heard Anas bin Malik (RA) say: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: 'The dead person is followed by three: His family, his wealth and his deeds. Then two of them come back: His family and his wealth, and there remain only his deeds."' (Sunan an-Nasa'i, Book 21, Hadith 121)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Hurayra (RA) reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him), said, "Wealth does not mean having a lot of property. Wealth means having self-contentment." (Sahih, Book 1, Hadith 276).

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated that Harithah (RA) said: "I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: 'Give charity, for there will come a time when a man will walk about with his charity, and the one to whom he wants to give it will say: If you had brought it yesterday I would have accepted it, but today (I have no need of it)." (Sunan an-Nasa'i, Book 23, Hadith 2556)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X