• Show
Clear All

• bitter_sweet
    started a topic Hadeeth A Day!

Hadeeth A Day!

Assalamualaykum:up:
    something tells me a thread called this already exists..:(
    BUT..mine is sort of different..
    Iv had this flippy-over-calender thingamajig for some time now, and i absloutly ADORE it. It's like one of them pyramid ones that sit on your desk, and so everyday, i flip the page over, and there it says the date etc etc, and a really short, simple hadith or quote from the Quran. This sets like a target, to try and implement that hadith/quote into my life from that day onwards.Also, the hadith's/quotes are really simple, staightforward sentences. Even if say for one reason or another, you are unable to implement these into your life(for example if the hadeeth is aimed at guys or whatever..) then, well..its still good to know these things! -maybe you can sand up and declare this hadeeth if like your brother or dad or someones a bit unsure?..

Enough of justifying my motives for sharing these with you- to simplify it down, i absolutely adore it;& for this reason, would like to share the hadeeth's that come up everyday with you all, so insha-allah we can all invoke these actions into our day to day life and just generally pick up knowledge!
    Last edited by bitter_sweet; 25-09-09, 05:57 PM.

• O2K
    replied
    Abu Huraira (RA) reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, a person performs deeds for a long time like the deeds of the people of Paradise. Then his deeds are terminated like the deeds of the people of Hell and, verily, a person performs deeds like the denizens of Fire for a long time, and then this deed of his is ultimately followed by the deeds of the people of Paradise.

(Sahih Muslim, Book 46, Hadith 18)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Abd Allah b. ‘Amr (RA) said: A man asked the Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him): When aspect of Islam is best? He replied: That you should provide food and greet both those you know and those you do not know. (Sunan Abi Dawud, Book 43, Hadith 422)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah(peace be upon him) said: "O Allah, bear witness that I have issued a warning concerning (failure to fulfil) the rights of the two weak ones: Orphans and women.'" (Sunan Ibn Majah, Book 33, Hadith 22)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “If anyone of you, when having sexual relation with his wife, say: 'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and prevent Satan from approaching our offspring you are going to give us,' and if he begets a child (as a result of that relation) Satan will not harm it.” حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ إِسْمَاعِيلَ، حَدَّثَنَا هَمَّامٌ، عَنْ مَنْصُورٍ، عَنْ سَالِمِ بْنِ أَبِي الْجَعْدِ، عَنْ كُرَيْبٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ أَمَا إِنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ إِذَا أَتَى أَهْلَهُ وَقَالَ بِسْمِ اللَّهِ اللَّهُمَّ جَنِّبْنَا الشَّيْطَانَ، وَجَنِّبِ الشَّيْطَانَ مَا رَزَقْتَنَا‏.‏ فَرُزِقَا وَلَدًا، لَمْ يَضُرُّهُ الشَّيْطَانُ ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 3271, In-book reference: Book 59, Hadith 81, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 4, Book 54, Hadith 493 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/59/81)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Sahl (RA): Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "I and the one who looks after an orphan will be like this in Paradise," showing his middle and index fingers and separating them. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 68, Hadith 53)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated from 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever swears a false oath in order to seize the wealth of a Muslim unlawfully, he will meet Allah when He is angry with him.” (Sunan Ibn Majah, Book 13, Hadith 16)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    It was narrated that 'Amr bin Sharid (RA) said: "I heard Sharid say: 'I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Whoever kills a small bird for no reason, it will beseech Allah on the Day of Resurrection saying: O Lord, so and so killed me for no reason. And he did not kill me for any beneficial purpose."' (Sunan an-Nasa'i, Book 43, Hadith 86)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "The worst of all mankind is the double-faced one, who comes to some people with one face and to others, with another face." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 93, Hadith 42)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Al-Mughirah bin Shu'bah (RA) narrated: "Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) performed Salat until his feet were swollen, so it was said to him: 'You burden yourself like this, while your past and future sins have been forgiven?' He said: 'Shouldn't I be a grateful worshipper?'" (Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Book 2, Hadith 265)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 11, Hadith 53)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Ibn Salamah As-Sulami (RA) narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "I enjoin each one to honor his mother, I enjoin each one to honor his mother, I enjoin each one to honor his mother (three times), I enjoin each one to honor his guardian who is taking care of him, even if he is causing him some annoyance." (Sunan Ibn Majah, Book 33, Hadith 1)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him): Whenever we went up a place (stairs or a hill) we would say, “Allahu Akbar (i.e. Allah is Greater)”, and whenever we went down a place we would say, "Subhan Allah." حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ يُوسُفَ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ حُصَيْنِ بْنِ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ، عَنْ سَالِمِ بْنِ أَبِي الْجَعْدِ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ كُنَّا إِذَا صَعِدْنَا كَبَّرْنَا، وَإِذَا نَزَلْنَا سَبَّحْنَا‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 2993, In-book reference: Book 56, Hadith 202, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 4, Book 52, Hadith 236 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/202)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Ubayy bin Ka'b (RA): "The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) met Jibra'il and said: 'O Jibra'il! I have been sent to an illiterate nation among whom are the elderly woman, the old man, the boy and the girl, and the man who cannot read a book at all.' He said: 'O Muhammad (pbuh)! Indeed the Qur'an was revealed in seven modes.'" (Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Book 46, Hadith 3196)

Leave a comment:

• O2K
    replied
    Narrated Abu Masud `Uqba (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “One of the sayings of the Prophets which the people have got, is: 'If you do not feel ashamed, then do whatever you like.' ” حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ يُونُسَ، عَنْ زُهَيْرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا مَنْصُورٌ، عَنْ رِبْعِيِّ بْنِ حِرَاشٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مَسْعُودٍ، عُقْبَةُ قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ إِنَّ مِمَّا أَدْرَكَ النَّاسُ مِنْ كَلاَمِ النُّبُوَّةِ، إِذَا لَمْ تَسْتَحِي فَافْعَلْ مَا شِئْتَ ‏"‏‏.‏ (Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 3483, In-book reference: Book 60, Hadith 150, USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 4, Book 55, Hadith 690 (deprecated numbering scheme), http://sunnah.com/bukhari/60/150)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X