This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hadeeth A Day!

1834. Hazrat Abu Hurairah (ﷺ) relates that the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: “A believer should not be stung twice from the same hole.”
    وعن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ ‏ "‏لا يلدغ المؤمن من جحر مرتين‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)
    (Bukhari and Muslim, Sunnah.com reference : Book 19, Hadith 27, Arabic/English book reference : Book 19, Hadith 1834, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/19/27)
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by O2K View Post
      1834. Hazrat Abu Hurairah (ﷺ) relates that the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: “A believer should not be stung twice from the same hole.”
      وعن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ ‏ "‏لا يلدغ المؤمن من جحر مرتين‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)
      (Bukhari and Muslim, Sunnah.com reference : Book 19, Hadith 27, Arabic/English book reference : Book 19, Hadith 1834, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/19/27)
      What does this hadith mean?

Comment

Abu Nadrah reported: I heard the farewell sermon of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and he said:

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ أَلَا إِنَّ رَبَّكُمْ وَاحِدٌ وَإِنَّ أَبَاكُمْ وَاحِدٌ أَلَا لَا فَضْلَ لِعَرَبِيٍّ عَلَى أَعْجَمِيٍّ وَلَا لِعَجَمِيٍّ عَلَى عَرَبِيٍّ وَلَا لِأَحْمَرَ عَلَى أَسْوَدَ وَلَا أَسْوَدَ عَلَى أَحْمَرَ إِلَّا بِالتَّقْوَى أَبَلَّغْتُ

O people, your Lord is one and your father Adam is one. There is no virtue of an Arab over a foreigner nor a foreigner over an Arab, and neither white skin over black skin nor black skin over white skin, except by righteousness. Have I not delivered the message?
        The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakrah narrated from his father that a man said:

"O Messenger of Allah! Which of the people is the best?" He said: "He whose life is long and his deeds are good." He said: "Then which of the people is the worst?" He said: "He whose life is long and his deeds are bad."

[Jaami' al-Tirmidhi Hadith No. 2330]

It was narrated from Talhah bin ‘Ubaidullah that two men from Bali came to the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam). They had become Muslim together, but one of them used to strive harder than the other. The one who used to strive harder went out to fight and was martyred. The other one stayed for a year longer, then he passed away. Talhah said:

"I saw in a dream that I was at the gate of Paradise and I saw them (those two men). Someone came out of Paradise and admitted the one who had died last, then he came out and admitted the one who had been martyred.

Then he came back to me and said: ‘Go back, for your time has not yet come.’"

The next morning, Talhah told the people of that and they were amazed.

News of that reached the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and they told him the story. He said: "Why are you so amazed at that?" They said: "O Messenger of Allah, the first one was the one who strove harder, then he was martyred, but the other one was admitted to Paradise before him.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "Did he not stay behind for a year?" They said: "Yes." He said: "And did not Ramadan come and he fasted, and he offered such and such prayers during that year?" They said: "Yes."

The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "The difference between them is greater than the difference between heaven and earth."

[Sunan Ibn Maajah Hadith No. 3925]
          Watch those eyes

Comment

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

A man asked the Prophet , "What sort of deeds or (what qualities of) Islam are good?" The Prophet replied, 'To feed (the poor) and greet those whom you know and those whom you do not Know (See Hadith No. 27).
            The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

So do not delay until you are at the point of death and then you say: Give this to so-and-so and give that to so-and-so, when at that point [your wealth and property] already belongs to so-and-so! (Al-Bukhāree, no. 1419)

Comment

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "If the Imam leads the prayer correctly then he and you will receive the rewards but if he makes a mistake (in the prayer) then you will receive the reward for the prayer and the sin will be his."

(Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 10, Hadith 89)

Comment

Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying: Telling of truth is a virtue and virtue leads to Paradise and the servant who endeavors to tell the truth is recorded as truthful, and lie is obscenity and obscenity leads to Hell-Fire, and the servant who endeavors to tell a lie is recorded as a liar. Ibn Abu Shaiba reported this from Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him).

(Sahih Muslim, Book 45, Hadith 135)

Comment

Thawban, the freed slave of Allah's Messenger, narrated that: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: "When Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) wanted to turn from his Salat, he would seek forgiveness from Allah three times, then say: (Allahumma Antas-Salam, wa minkas-salam, tabarakta ya dhal-jalali wal-Ikram) 'O Allah! You are the One free of defects and perfection is from You. Blessed are You, O Possesor of Majesty and Honor.'"

(Jami`at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 1, Book 2, Hadith 152)

Comment

550. Hazrat Abaullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'Aas (ﷺ) says that a man asked the Holy Prophet (ﷺ): what in Islam is the best?' He answered: 'To feed people and to greet everyone (to say AssalamoAlaikum) whether you know him or not.'
                      عن عبد الله بن عمرو بن العاص رضي الله عنهما أن رجلاً سأل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏:‏ أى الإسلام خير‏؟‏ قال‏:‏ ‏ "‏تطعم الطعام، وتقرأ السلام على من عرفت ومن لم تعرف‏"‏‏.‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏)
                      (Bukhari and Muslim, Arabic/English book reference : Book 1, Hadith 550, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/1/550)

Comment

Originally posted by Smkt View Post

What does this hadith mean?
                        Asalamalaikum
                        This hadeeth means that if you messed up once (sinned) because of some circumstances or w/e ,you know you have a weakness. So you as a believer dont put yourself in a situation where you keep getting stung by that weakness, in that same way over and over (committing that sin again and again).
                        Hope this helps.

Comment

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah (RA) said: "The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: 'Your Lord wrote for Himself with His Own Hand before He created the creation: "My mercy precedes My wrath." (Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 1, Book 1, Hadith 194)

Comment

125. Hazrat Abu Hurairah (ﷺ) relates that the Holy Prophet (ﷺ) said: "Iman (faith) has over seventy branches, the uppermost of which is the declaration: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah'; and the least of which is the removal of harmful object from the road, and modesty is a branch of iman." التاسع‏:‏ عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ ‏ "‏ الإيمان بضع وسبعون، أو بضع وستون شعبة‏:‏ فأفضلها قول لا إله إلا الله، وأدناها إماطة الأذى عن الطريق، والحياء شعبة من الإيمان‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏متفق عليه‏)‏‏) (Bukhari and Muslim, Arabic/English book reference : Book 1, Hadith 125, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/1/125)

Comment

Narrated Abu Burda's (RA) father: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said "Three persons will have a double reward: 1. A Person from the people of the scriptures who believed in his prophet (Jesus or Moses) and then believed in the Prophet (peace be upon him) Muhammad (i .e. has embraced Islam). 2. A slave who discharges his duties to Allah and his master. 3. A master of a woman-slave who teaches her good manners and educates her in the best possible way (the religion) and manumits her and then marries her." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 3, Hadith 39)

Comment

Mutarrif reported that his father said, "I went in the delegation of the Banu 'Amir to the Prophet (peace be upon him). They said, 'You are our master.' He said, 'The Master is Allah.' They said, 'The best of us in excellence and the greatest of us in generosity.' He said, 'Say what you like, but do not let Shaytan provoke you.'" (Al-Adab Al-Mufrad, Book 9, Hadith 56)

Comment

Working...
                                X