Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dress code for Umrah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dress code for Umrah

    :salams

    Is it permissible for a woman to cover her face during Umrah and wear gloves. I've been told that it is not allowed, but I thought this only applied during Hajj?

    Also, what about wearing something that covers the face but does not touch it?

    May Allah reward you for your response
    Abu Huraira RA narrated that Allah’s Messenger SAW said:
    Who-ever says ‘Subhan Allahi wa bihamdi hi, one hundred time a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
    Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

    #2
    Re: Dress code for Umrah

    :wswrwb:
    40 days to go :insha:
    Wearing niqab and gloves isnt permissible at the state of ihraam. But u can cover ur face in front of non-mehram with part of ur garment :insha:

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Dress code for Umrah

      It's not allowed but some women wear a cap with a veil attached. So they are covered but the niqab doesnt touch their face....

      Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'The Ihraam of a female is
      her face (keep the face uncovered) and the Ihraam of a male is her head
      (keep the head uncovered).'

      Just as it is prohibited for a male to cover his head during Ihraam, so too
      it is prohibited for a female to cover her face in the state of Ihraam.
      (Mishkaat pg.236, Karachi).

      In order to avoid evil glances of strange males, a female should wear a veil without it touching the face. It is advisable for a female to cover
      her face during Ihraam in such a way that the cloth does not touch her face. That is generally practiced by drawing the veil from the petruding front
      part of a sun cap.

      A female may perform her Tawaaf and Sa'ee with the veil down as explained
      above. When performing Salaat with the veil, it (the veil) will touch her
      face during Sajdah. Furthermore, it may be difficult to perform Sajdah with
      the sun cap, therefore, it is advisable that a female perform her Salaat in
      her room or in the female section of the Haram.

      and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

      Mufti Ebrahim Desai
      Last edited by MWarrior; 13-07-09, 08:49 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Dress code for Umrah

        40 days to go :insha:
        ukhtee read this :insha:

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Dress code for Umrah

          Jazakallahu khair to you both for the information.

          So it is permissible to cover the face if men should pass nearby but it should not touch my face?

          What about wearing a large hooded cape so that when I look down the sides of it would cover most of my face? Is this allowed?
          Abu Huraira RA narrated that Allah’s Messenger SAW said:
          Who-ever says ‘Subhan Allahi wa bihamdi hi, one hundred time a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
          Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Dress code for Umrah

            ^^
            40 days to go :insha:
            waiyyaki ukhtee

            yes.

            i think hooded cape is allowed as it says in the above fatwa tht just drag the part of her garment, lowering it from the top of her head over her face :insha:

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Dress code for Umrah

              Originally posted by غير معروف View Post
              :salams

              Is it permissible for a woman to cover her face during Umrah and wear gloves. I've been told that it is not allowed, but I thought this only applied during Hajj?

              Also, what about wearing something that covers the face but does not touch it?

              May Allah reward you for your response
              :wswrwb:

              Sister, many women perform Hajj/Umrah without having the need to 'try' to cover their face.

              Respectfully, it seems you're making things difficult for yourself; observe the other women (that don't have the need to cover their faces), and insha'Allah, the Pilgrimage will be much easier :up:
              'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

              QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Dress code for Umrah

                she is not making things difficult for herself, she is concerned because she has hayaa and fears Allah.

                sis, don't look at others, do what you think is best. you can wear your normal clothing, and many ulama here say it is even more important to observe niqab during ihram. it is advised to wear a niqab that is attached to a cap sort of thing, which is held away from the face. some saudi ulama say it is fine to wear normal niqab then pay the .... afterwards, (money; i cannot remember the term) because of it touching the face.

                don't expose your face because people tell you to; you stick to your beliefs. it cannot ever be said that its a bad thing that a woman prefers to observe niqab during ihram even if it caused difficulty; after all, hajj is a type of mujahadah for us females.
                The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Dress code for Umrah

                  Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                  she is not making things difficult for herself, she is concerned because she has hayaa and fears Allah.

                  sis, don't look at others, do what you think is best. you can wear your normal clothing, and many ulama here say it is even more important to observe niqab during ihram. it is advised to wear a niqab that is attached to a cap sort of thing, which is held away from the face. some saudi ulama say it is fine to wear normal niqab then pay the .... afterwards, (money; i cannot remember the term) because of it touching the face.

                  don't expose your face because people tell you to; you stick to your beliefs. it cannot ever be said that its a bad thing that a woman prefers to observe niqab during ihram even if it caused difficulty; after all, hajj is a type of mujahadah for us females.
                  Sister, read the Hadiths in relation to 'covering' the face (when in Pilgrimage).
                  'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

                  QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Dress code for Umrah

                    bro, this topic is very lengthy and has been discussed very much; majority of ulama in uk advise to cover the face somehow; there is a hadeeth of hadhrat aisha when she would perform umrah, and a man passed by she would cover her face with her jilbab; now its always full, men everywhere, fitnah is still therel it is very important to take all necessary precautions SPECIALLY whilst in ihram and doing tawaf of the baitullah.
                    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Dress code for Umrah

                      Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                      bro, this topic is very lengthy and has been discussed very much; majority of ulama in uk advise to cover the face somehow; there is a hadeeth of hadhrat aisha when she would perform umrah, and a man passed by she would cover her face with her jilbab; now its always full, men everywhere, fitnah is still therel it is very important to take all necessary precautions SPECIALLY whilst in ihram and doing tawaf of the baitullah.
                      The Sister should be with a mahrem (obviously). That should reduce the fitna considerably.
                      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

                      QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Dress code for Umrah

                        Of course I will be with mahrams at the time, just as Aisha (RA) was most probabably with her mahrams.

                        Jazakallahu khair for the input though

                        And Allah Truly Knows Best
                        Abu Huraira RA narrated that Allah’s Messenger SAW said:
                        Who-ever says ‘Subhan Allahi wa bihamdi hi, one hundred time a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
                        Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Dress code for Umrah

                          being with a mahram these days is no barrier to fitnah.
                          The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                          (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                          In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Dress code for Umrah

                            Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                            some saudi ulama say it is fine to wear normal niqab then pay the .... afterwards, (money; i cannot remember the term) because of it touching the face.
                            last I heard, some hanafi ulama were also considering taking this stance.
                            Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Dress code for Umrah

                              Sorry peacenik, but there are respectable scholars who are more knowledgable than laymen like me and you, and they have studied this issue and given their answer/opinion. so let's just respect that instead of trying to make out we know more than them. :)

                              :jkk:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X