How many rakat is Jumuah salah?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many rakat is Jumuah salah?

I want to completely perfect friday prayers insha'Allah..

At the moment I read 2 rakats for the masjid, 4 rakat sunnat. 2 rakat with the imam, 4 rakat sunnat at the end.

Is there any more, or am I doing anything wrong?

:jkk:
    SPREAD OF EVIL
    ZIONISM
    BOLLYWOOD

Re: How many rakat is Jumuah salah?

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
    I want to completely perfect friday prayers insha'Allah..

At the moment I read 2 rakats for the masjid, 4 rakat sunnat. 2 rakat with the imam, 4 rakat sunnat at the end.

Is there any more, or am I doing anything wrong?

Assalamu `alaykum,
    You need to separate what's considered Friday prayer with what's considered something else.

Friday prayer is kutba + 2 rakat

Now there are sunnah prayers associated with the Friday prayer and those are the same as dhuhur.

Before the prayer = 2 or 4 rakat (depends which school you follow, for shafi'is the sunnah is fulfilled by doing 2, for hanafis the sunnah is fulfilled by doing 4)4)

After the prayer = 2 rakat

So these are all the prayers that are associated with the Friday prayer.

Additionally, there's a sunnah prayer called "salutation of the mosque", which are the 2 rakat you perform when you enter a mosque.
    Since people go to the mosque for Friday prayers, they usually do this sunnah as well.

And that's it :) You seem to be doing great masha'Allah.

Comment

According to the Hanafi school, Jummah Salat consists of 4 Rakaats of Sunnah, then 2 Fard (with the Imam), then 4 Rakaats of Sunnah, and finishing with a further 2 Rakaats of Sunnah.

You can also read Nafl if you want (at the end of the last 2 Sunnah Rakaats), but that's optional.

:)
      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

SPREAD OF EVIL
        ZIONISM
        BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
          According to the Hanafi school, Jummah Salat consists of 4 Rakaats of Sunnah, then 2 Fard (with the Imam), then 4 Rakaats of Sunnah, and finishing with a further 2 Rakaats of Sunnah.

You can also read Nafl if you want (at the end of the last 2 Sunnah Rakaats), but that's optional.

:)
          :salams

Oh

Here is what happens at my local Masjid.
          • I get there at 1pm to sit and listen to the Imam giving a talk in Urdu.
          • The we follow the Imam in giving 4 Rakaats of Sunnah salat.
          • Then comes the Khutba.
          • Then we follow the Imam in the 2 Rakaats of Jumuah salat.
          • Then we listen to 2 or 3 minutes of duas from the Imam.
          • Then we follow the Imam in a further 4 Rakaats of Sunnah salat.
          • Then we leave.

However, I may add here that half the prayer hall empties AFTER the duas of the Imam after the 2 Rakaats Jumuah salat, so these Brothers do not pray the 4 Rakaats Sunnah salat in the Masjid, although they probably do at home or whatever.

Sooooooooooooooooo should we also be praying another 2 Rakaats before leaving the Masjid then as you stated?

P.S.
          No I can't understand Urdu, but I love to listen to it anyway
          “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

can anyone provide sources from quran/sunnah regarding the number of sunnah rakats before and after the jummah prayer?
            There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

In our madhab:

4 raka'aat Sunnah Muakkadah
              2 raka'aat Fard
              4 raka'aat Sunnah Muakkadah
              2 raka'aat Sunnah Ghayr Muakkadah
              (2 raka'aat Nafl)
              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Bro Med is correct....here are answers proving the Hanafi view:

4 rakah before Jumuah:

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...2adf5bac07650f

4 Muakkadah after Jumu'ah Salah:

http://www.al-inaam.com/fataawa/six_rkt_jummah.htm

Comment

Q: A brother from Algeria asks: "Is there Sunnah Ba'diyyah/Qabliyyah (supererogatory Prayer performed after/before an obligatory Prayer) performed on a regular basis before or after Jumu'ah (Friday) Prayer?

A: There is no Sunnah Qabliyyah before Jumu'ah Prayer according to what is sound of the two opinions held by scholars, but it is prescribed for the Muslim, when he comes to the Masjid (mosque), to pray whatever Allah enables him to pray, saying Taslim (salutation of peace ending the Prayer) after each two Rak'ahs (units of Prayer). This is because the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: The (optional) Salah by night and day should consist of pairs of Rak'ahs. Narrated by Imam Ahmad and Ahl-ul-Sunan (authors of Hadith compilations classified by jurisprudential themes) with a good Isnad (chain of narrators); the original is to be found in the Sahih without any mention of the day.)

Many Sahih (authentic) reports indicate that what is prescribed for the Muslim when they enter the Masjid (mosque) on Friday is to offer as many Rak'ahs (units of Prayer) as they wish before the Imam ascends the Minbar (pulpit). The Prophet (peace be upon him) did not specify whether it should be two, four or more. All of that is good, but the minimum is two Rak'ahs which is known as Tahiyyat-ul-Masjid (two-unit-Prayer to greet the mosque). With regard to offering Salah after Jumu'ah, there is Sunnah Ba'diyyah (supererogatory Prayer performed after an obligatory Prayer) performed on a regular basis, the minimum of which is two Rak'ahs and the maximum is four. This is based on the Hadith in which the Prophet (peace be upon him) is reported to have said: When anyone amongst you observes Salah after Jumu'ah, he should observe four Rak'ahs. The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to offer two Rak'ahs after Jumu'ah in his house. May Allah help us all to do what pleases Him! [Fataawa Ibn Baaz, Vol. 12, pp 386-87]

Comment

answer to the above is in the link i posted

Comment

Does 'Sunnah Ba'diyyah/Qabliyyah' mean the same as the muakkadah/ghayr...terms?

Comment

fink it measn sunnah after/before? never heard the terms b4 tho.
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

I heard that listening to the Khutbah it self is worth praying 2rakaaths.. Can anyone put upa hadith regarding this please?
                          http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                            fink it measn sunnah after/before? never heard the terms b4 tho.
                            that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by urban rose View Post
                              Does 'Sunnah Ba'diyyah/Qabliyyah' mean the same as the muakkadah/ghayr...terms?
                              ba'adiyah from the word ba'da which means after and qabliyyah from the word qabla qhich means before

Comment

Working...
                              X