Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some people born mentally/physically retarded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are some people born mentally/physically retarded?

I got into a debate with a buddhist guy today who was criticising islam and one of the questions he asked was, 'according to islam why are some people born mentally retarded, why would god allow such a thing?'

Then he mockingly said something about the earth being flat according to the quran.

Now although I thought I was quite well-read I completely failed to answer his question and was left feeling very embarassed.

Could someone answer the question please

Re: Why are some people born mentally/physically retarded?

No where does the Qur'aan say the earth is flat. Perhaps he is thinking of the bible(!)

These people are born like this for various reasons. Mainly as a test for the people they are born to.

These (the mentally disabled people) will be resurrected and tested on the day of judgement. So they are free from obligations such as Salah, in this world.

and Allaah knows best
    FREE Islaamic Courses at:

Comment

I do wonder regarding the people who are this way whether if they can speak or learn if they should be given some form of dawah??

Comment

Originally posted by muslimaindadean View Post
        I do wonder regarding the people who are this way whether if they can speak or learn if they should be given some form of dawah??
        Like i said, they will be tested later, so focus your Da'waah on the rest of the people
        FREE Islaamic Courses at:

Comment

inshaallah:up:

Comment

Working...
          X