Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quizzie Quiz

As-salaamu`alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Perhaps a quiz on Islam to increase our knowledge.....

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"And say: `My Rubb! Increase me in knowledge.'' (20:114)

"Are those who know equal to those who know not?''' (39:9)

"Allah will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted knowledge.'' (58:11)

"It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allah.'' (35:28

Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me are like abundant rain which fell on a land. A fertile part of it absorbed the water and brought forth profuse herbage and pasture; and solid ground patches which retained the water by which Allah has benefited people, who drank from it, irrigated their crops and sowed their seeds; and another sandy plane which could neither retain the water nor produce herbage. Such is the similitude of the person who becomes well-versed in the religion of Allah and receives benefit from the Message entrusted to me by Allah, so he himself has learned and taught it to others; such is also the similitude of the person who has stubbornly and ignorantly rejected Allah's Guidance with which I have been sent.''
    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

And so to start the ball rolling......

Q. Whom did Abu Bakr (Radi Allahu Anhu) give the task of collecting the Glorious Qur'an and compiling it into one volume?

WasSalaamu alaykum

“Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.” Surah Ra’d 13:28

I pray to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to forgive me for any errors or shortcomings. May Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'ala keep us on the Path that pleases Him. Ameen![

uthmaan ibn affaan radiyallhu anhu?
    Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
    http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
    Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
    Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

As-salamu`alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Auzo Billaahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim. Bismillaah Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim

Uh-uh.....sorry

Have another go.

WasSalaamu alaykum

WasSalaamu alaykum

“Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.” Surah Ra’d 13:28

I pray to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to forgive me for any errors or shortcomings. May Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'ala keep us on the Path that pleases Him. Ameen!

Comment

Answer

I believe the answer to the question posted is:

Zaid Ibn Thaabit (ra)

ws,
        Ayah
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Maasha'Allah.....correct. It was indeed Zayd ibn Thabit.

Umar convinced the Khalifah Abu Bakr that unless the Quran was collected in one manuscript, a large part of it was in danger of being lost. Abu Bakr summoned Zayd ibn Thabit and said to him: "You are an intelligent young man and we do not suspect you (of telling lies or of forgetfulness) and you used to write the Divine revelation for Allah's Messenger. Therefore look for (all parts of) the Quran and collect it in one manuscript."

Zayd was immediately aware of the weighty responsibility. He later said: "By Allah, if he (Abu Bakr) had ordered me to shift one of the mountains from its place, it would not have been harder for me than what he had ordered me concerning the collection of the Quran."

Q. In which Ayat it is stated that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala created man from water?

WasSalaamu alaykum

And remind them, for verily, the reminding profits the believers. 51.55

Alhamdulillaah....Allah Subhaanahu wa Taalaa has given us the opportunity to seek His pleasure by increasing our knowledge in the Deen. We are told in Qur'an and Hadeeths to 'seek' knowledge. And this is the intention of this thread. We should search b4 answering and not give a 'guess'. Even if you 'google' search.....read the related story first....then answer (don't just do a five second copy & paste) and we have then made effort to obey Allah Subhaanahu wa Taalaa.....

"Allah will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted knowledge.'' 58:11 "It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allah.'' 35:28 "And say: `My Rubb! Increase me in knowledge.'' 20:114 "Are those who know equal to those who know not?''' 39:9

Be careful of Riyaa. Always check your intention that you are participating to seek Allah's Pleasure by gaining knowledge and not to 'show off'......

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah(PBUH) said, "He who does not acquire knowledge with the sole intention of seeking the Pleasure of Allah but for worldly gain, will not smell the fragrance of Jannah on the Day of Resurrection.'' - Abu Dawud.

"Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest! ” Surah Ra’d 13:28

I pray to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to forgive me for any errors or shortcomings. May Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'ala keep us on the Path that pleases Him. Ameen!

Comment

I think you mean creature?

an Nur ,45

45. And Allah has created every animal from water: of them there are some that creep on their bellies; some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills: for verily Allah has power over all things.

Comment

Surat Al'Furqaan, ayah 54 is as follows:

"Wa huwa al'ladhee khalaqa min almaa basharan fajaalahu nasaban wa sih'raa; wa kaana rabbuka qadeera"

Translation: It is He who has made man from water: then He has set up relationships of family and marriage; because your Lord has power (over all things)

Also, the end of ayah 30 of surat al'anbiyaa:

"Wa jaalna min al'maa kul'la shay'in hai"

Translation: We made every living thing from water.

Comment

Maasha'Allah.....correct.

A. Surah Al-Furqan(25) Ayat 54: "It is He Who has created man from water." part Ayat

Q. What did Waraqa bin Nawfal - the cousin of Khatijah (Radi Allahu Anha) predict after the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihee Wassalam) described to him his unusual experience (when he received the first revelation)?

WasSalaamu alaykum

Subhanak allaahuma wa bihamdik//Glory & praise & gratitude is to You OH Allaah; Ash-hadu allaa illahaa illa Ant//I bear witness there is none that has the right to my worship but You; Astaghfiruka wa a tubu Eellaik//I ask Your forgiveness and repent unto You.

Comment

Waraqa ibn naufal, one who studied in depth, the bible (injeel) and torah (towrah) knew that the Rasul (pbuh) was truly the prophet. He also knew that he'd be driven out by his ppl. See below, pasted from the following website:

iisca://knowledge/miscellaneous/enforcing the apocalypse

When the revelation descended upon the Prophet , he returned to Khadijah, the daughter of Khuwaylid, , and he was trembling and he said, “Cover me… cover me”. Then after the fear left him, he told Khadijah what had happened in the Cave of Hiraa. So she quickly went with him to Waraqah Ibn Naufal, and the Prophet informed him of what had happened with him. So from what Waraqah Ibn Naufal said to him was: “Woe to me from this old age! I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out.” The Prophet asked, “Will they drive me out?” Waraqah replied, “Yes. No man has come with the likes of what you have come with except that he is treated with hostility; and if I were to remain alive until the day (when they will turn you out), then I would support you strongly.” And the story is in Saheeh al-Bukhaari.

Comment

WaSalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Maasha'Allah.....correct.

This question may need everyone pitching in to answer this.....if you only know one or two.....post it until we get all four.

Q. Who are the 4 persons from whom the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) advised his Companions to learn the Glorious Qur'an?

WasSalaamu alaykum

ALLAHUMMA O Allah
                    IN-NE AS'ALUKA I ask You for
                    ILMAN NAFI'AN Beneficial knowledge
                    WA RIZQ-AN TAYYIBAN And a good provision
                    WA AMALAN MUTAQABBALA And Deeds that are accepted

SUBHANAK ALLAAHUMA WA BIHAMDIK Glory & praise & gratitude is to You Oh Allaah;
                    ASH-HADU ALLAA ILLAHAA ILLA ANT I bear witness there is none that has the right to my worship but You;
                    ASTAGHFIRUKA WA A TUBU EELLAIK I ask Your forgiveness and repent unto You.

Comment

Toss up :S

Aww, man, that's a tough one :( Alright, I'm gonna have to take a guess & list 8 companions, and hopefully, 4 of them will be right. (Btw, these questions are cool mutawakkil)

Abu Bakr (ra)
                      Omar (ra)
                      Uthman (ra)
                      Ali (ra)
                      Ibn Mas'ud (ra)
                      Ibn Abbas (ra)
                      Ubay ibn Kaab (ra)
                      Zaid ibn Thaabit (ra)

Comment

Abdullah ibn Abbas radiyallahu anhu is one i think

Abu Moosa Al'Ashari?

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

sorry... i cheated and did some research :D

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
                          Allah's Apostle neither talked in an insulting manner nor did he ever speak evil intentionally. He used to say, "The most beloved to me amongst you is the one who has the best character and manners." He added, " Learn the Qur'an from (any of these) four persons. 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud, Salim the freed slave of Abu Hudhaifa, Ubai bin Ka'b, and Mu'adh bin Jabal."
                          Bukhari

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Maasha'Allah......CORRECT.

Abdullah bin Mas'ud, Salim the freed slave of Abu Hudhaifa, Ubai bin Ka'b and Mu'adh bin Jabal. (Radi Allahu Anhum) (Al-Bukhari Vol.5 No.104)

Searching for knowledge in the Deen is not cheating. In fact you could say not searching for the answer is 'cheating' on yourself.

Q. Except during the month of Ramadan on which day is fasting not recommended unless one fasts a day before it or a day after it?

WasSalaamu alaykum

Allah has revealed the most beautiful message, a Book consistent in its verses yet repeating its teachings in different ways. Those who fear their Rabb are filled with awe when they hear it, their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah. Such is the guidance of Allah: He guides with it whom He pleases. But he to whom He confounds shall have none to guide him. 39.23

Blessed be the name of thy Lord full of Majesty Bounty and Honor. 55:78

Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest! 13.28

ALLAHUMMA O Allah
                            IN-NE AS'ALUKA I ask You for
                            ILMAN NAFI'AN Beneficial knowledge
                            WA RIZQ-AN TAYYIBAN And a good provision
                            WA AMALAN MUTAQABBALA And Deeds that are accepted

SUBHANAK ALLAAHUMA WA BIHAMDIK Glory & praise & gratitude is to You Oh Allaah;
                            ASH-HADU ALLAA ILLAHAA ILLA ANT I bear witness there is none that has the right to my worship but You;
                            ASTAGHFIRUKA WA A TUBU EELLAIK I ask Your forgiveness and repent unto You.

www.islam-guide.com What do you know about Islaam? www.sultan.org

Comment

Friday

Comment

Working...
                              X