Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murtid

Salam alikum to All

I would like to know that what Islam says when a person divert from islam what should be done? what islam say about it? i mean ruling..

fe aman ALLAH
    [COLOR="Magenta"]If ALLAH swt brings you to it[/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"]HE will bring you through it[/COLOR]

Re: Murtid

Originally posted by Muslimah_Pearl View Post
    Salam alikum to All

I would like to know that what Islam says when a person divert from islam what should be done? what islam say about it? i mean ruling..

fe aman ALLAH
    Try to show them the error of their way.

If they dont listen you have at least done your duty.

Comment

But is it true that they should be killed? i want clarification about it//
      [COLOR="Magenta"]If ALLAH swt brings you to it[/COLOR], [COLOR="Blue"]HE will bring you through it[/COLOR]

Comment

But is it true that they should be killed? i want clarification about it//
        Well it does depend on the nature of what they have done.

Then you can look to the Shariah for the actual ruling that needs to be taken.

For minor sins I doubt anyone would be killed.

Remember, you do not know if later in that persons life he is destined to return to Islam with a stronger faith.

It could be a test for such an individual and so killing them may be going a bit far.

Comment

Salam alikum to All

fe aman ALLAH
          Salam, you mean somebody who changes their religion? or just generally strays?

If you mean somebody who just generally strays then I'd suggest you make du'aa for them and advise them as best you can...because as humans we all stray and go off track every once in a while....the important thing is weather we can find our way back again...and to do that we need pious friends by our sides...so try your best Insha'Allah to help them out. Wassalam

Comment

Salam alikum to All

fe aman ALLAH
            :wswrwb:

these people don't even know what you're talking about

The proper spelling is "Murtad" a person commits irtidaad and becomes a murtad.

Anyway the ruling is that he's given 3 days to recant his kufr and become a muslim again, if he doesn't accept islam then he is killed.

And there is no difference of opinion about this.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post

Anyway the ruling is that he's given 3 days to recant his kufr and become a muslim again, if he doesn't accept islam then he is killed.

oh sorry...so its when a person leaves Islam, my apologies!

Comment

yes i m sorry for spell mistake

But the person (Murtad) then argue about the issue that there is not freedom in Islam. he argues that why person has to be killed if he leaves islam ..

Comment

But the person (Murtad) then argue about the issue that there is not freedom in Islam. he argues that why person has to be killed if he leaves islam ..
                  traitors can't expect to be given freedom, the example people normally gives is the one about a person who betrays his country, that country will definately execute him, the same applies to islam, you betray it and you'll get executed, there's more than enough freedom.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

traitors can't expect to be given freedom, the example people normally gives is the one about a person who betrays his country, that country will definately execute him, the same applies to islam, you betray it and you'll get executed, there's more than enough freedom.
                    So you're saying that execution is only if someone leaves Islam and then actively works to harm Islam or the Muslim community?

Because certainly in the US for example, if I were to just emigrate to some other country and renounce my US citizenship and take on another citizenship, that is not a crime. I can't think of any other country where renouncing citizenship is a crime either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      So you're saying that execution is only if someone leaves Islam and then actively works to harm Islam or the Muslim community?

Because certainly in the US for example, if I were to just emigrate to some other country and renounce my US citizenship and take on another citizenship, that is not a crime. I can't think of any other country where renouncing citizenship is a crime either.
                      You being a murtad yourself must have had this conversation a million times on this forum already haven't you? so what's the need to ask me too?

Comment

You being a murtad yourself must have had this conversation a million times on this forum already haven't you? so what's the need to ask me too?
                        People have different opinions actually. That's what I've found. I'm just curious what you think since you're one of the people that have compared this to treason.

Comment

Allah(swt) once again shows his infinite mercy and love for His(swt) creation with this ruling.

A person who doesn't die with Imaan will go to Hell. Hopefully, we as Muslims understand this VERY important point.

A person who leaves Islam is, in other words, dooming himself to Hell.

Allah(swt) shows his mercy by making the punishment for this person death(the height of all punishments). The punishment is severe in hopes that this potential murtad sees the error of his ways within the three days and becomes Muslim again and assuring himself a better Hereafter.

Allah(swt) wants everyone to die with Imaan, and sometimes when a potential murtad faces this punishment, he seeks what Islam really is, and decides to stay Muslim.
                          The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
                          Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

You know why im asking this question coz i came across some one who was muslim (as i think) he says i was born in muslim family (without my desire) and he studied about islam and he says he was forced to study Quran and was beaten so many times. and molested by one mola. and now he hates this religion. He says there is no freedom of opion in it and if some one wants to leave his religion then why he has to be killed..

He is living hin muslim country and still call himself as muslim without his desire...(his wording)...

When he asked that why a Murtad has to get punishment as death.. that time i couldnt get any answer so thats why posted this thread.. (Please brother and sisters dont get me wrong.. in anyway..)

May ALLAH guide us all..

Comment

I always get a laugh out of this kind of "tough guy" talk.

All the swagger. All the huffing and puffing.

These guys can always and very easily come up with one thousand reasons for killing someone.

But they're entirely incapable of producing much in terms of ideas or effort when it comes to the hard work of helping other people live.

Comment

Working...
                              X