Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about saying the shahada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Question about saying the shahada

    Salaams.

    I have a question about recieting the shahada. I want the shahada to be my last words, but since I'm not very good with Arabic, I'm worried that I'll mess up recieting the shahada and say something completely different as my last words. A person can die at any time, whether it be illness, accident, or homocide. If I get into a car crash or something, I'm worried that I'll try and say the shahada but I'll mess up or something. In which case, is there any problem with me saying the shahada in both English and Arabic? That way, I can reciet the shahada in it's original language, and I can understand what I'm saying when I say it in English. You know what I'm saying?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

    #2
    Re: Question about saying the shahada

    :start:

    :wswrwb:

    The Prophet :saw: said:
    "Mun Aakhir Kalimaat La Ilaha ILlah dakhala jannah."

    "Whose last words are La Ilaha ILlah will enter Paradise"

    Not shahadah but La Ilaha ILlah

    Do you mean it will be easier for you to say it in English rather than Arabic so is it allowed or not?
    www.ashaabulquran.com
    www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Question about saying the shahada

      Originally posted by Sulaiman Harun View Post

      Do you mean it will be easier for you to say it in English rather than Arabic so is it allowed or not?
      Yes.
      Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Question about saying the shahada

        Since it's not same as using english instead of Arabic to recite the Qur'an, in terms or rewards, same way for La Ilaha ILlah or even shahadah and Allah (SWT) knows best!
        www.ashaabulquran.com
        www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Question about saying the shahada

          u say it in the tashahud bro! doh!:D

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Question about saying the shahada

            Can I say that Insha'Allah I think the words shall come naturally....

            I had a n op some while back and woke up reciting the kalima!:hidban:I was so glad and refreshed that they werew the first words I was uttering - and may indeed have been the last if at had gone the other way! :hidban:

            I understand your fears - but reckon Allah swt knows best - he knows your intention - so leave it at that - try to perfect your speaking skills but am sure ultimately he will understand and forgive and errors!
            Please Re-update your Signature

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Question about saying the shahada

              Originally posted by Rie_Maya View Post
              Can I say that Insha'Allah I think the words shall come naturally....

              I had a n op some while back and woke up reciting the kalima!:hidban:I was so glad and refreshed that they werew the first words I was uttering - and may indeed have been the last if at had gone the other way! :hidban:

              I understand your fears - but reckon Allah swt knows best - he knows your intention - so leave it at that - try to perfect your speaking skills but am sure ultimately he will understand and forgive and errors!
              True. This might sound weird, but I recieted the shahada in a dream before. I woke up and was suprised with myself that I was able to do that.
              Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Question about saying the shahada

                Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                True. This might sound weird, but I recieted the shahada in a dream before. I woke up and was suprised with myself that I was able to do that.
                sorry to bump this old thread but was this conclusion that you can or can't say it in English?


                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Question about saying the shahada

                  Originally posted by ssh View Post
                  sorry to bump this old thread but was this conclusion that you can or can't say it in English?
                  bump again :D


                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Question about saying the shahada

                    You have to say it in Arabic, but it's not that difficult. Usually the person who is there (like the Imam) will say it and then you just repeat after him. It doesn't have to be perfect Arabic.

                    You can even just read the transliteration on your own.

                    Don't waste time! :up: Try today: http://www.kalamullah.com/non-muslims.html
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                    "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Question about saying the shahada

                      Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      You have to say it in Arabic, but it's not that difficult. Usually the person who is there (like the Imam) will say it and then you just repeat after him. It doesn't have to be perfect Arabic.

                      You can even just read the transliteration on your own.

                      Don't waste time! :up: Try today: http://www.kalamullah.com/non-muslims.html
                      mirror that is a big contradiction


                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Question about saying the shahada

                        Which?
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                        "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Question about saying the shahada

                          You say it has to be in Arabic

                          then

                          It doesn't matter if your Arabic isn't that good


                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Question about saying the shahada

                            Originally posted by ssh View Post
                            You say it has to be in Arabic

                            then

                            It doesn't matter if your Arabic isn't that good

                            The declaration of faith has to be said in Arabic for a person to become a Muslim, but even if it is with bad pronunciation it is still valid as long as the meaning is not altered.
                            http://kondori.wordpress.com/

                            Like this page on FB
                            HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

                            Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

                            "...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

                            "We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                            Shaykh Akram Nadwi


                            Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh


                            http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Question about saying the shahada

                              Originally posted by ssh View Post
                              You say it has to be in Arabic

                              then

                              It doesn't matter if your Arabic isn't that good
                              I meant the pronunciation of words.
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                              "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X