Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Corporal punishment in Islam

Originally posted by AbuMusaab View Post
    If you are not looking for opinion, and just looking for the answers, there were provided in point 2. Since the answer was provided, opinion followed. There is "corporal punishment" in Islam for certain crimes.
    And this is done throughout Islam, consistently?

Comment

One question from the person you are asking from:

Do you like illegal *** ?
      www.ashaabulquran.com
      www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

What other punishments would you like to know my friend?
        www.ashaabulquran.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hammurab View Post
          Is what you are saying here indicative of Muslim belief? Does all Islam think that way?

To "erase" something with terrible violence and beating, is this common to all of Islam?

What other things call for "terrible" responses? Again, I'm not asking for justification, just a list of what things Islam teaches should be responded to with violence and "terrible beating".
          The phrase "all of Islam" suggests that there might be many legitimate groups of Muslims who differ.

However, I differ from that opinion. There is only one Qur'an. And one Prophet Muhammad :saw:. There is only one Islam. There is only one God! :lailah:

So these issues are not up for debate.
          They have indeed rejected (the Message): so they will know soon (enough) the truth of what they mocked at! - al-Qur'an 26:6

Comment

Originally posted by Sulaiman Harun View Post
            One question from the person you are asking from:

Do you like illegal *** ?
            illegal what?

No, I'm just wanting to know, would I be expected to condone violence, and under what conditions.

Comment

And this is done throughout Islam, consistently?
              Shar'iah is the Law of Allah, subhana wa ta'ala. When it is correctly implemented, then yes.

Note: There is no nation on this earth that is currently a true Shar'iah state. We are working on that, :insha:
              They have indeed rejected (the Message): so they will know soon (enough) the truth of what they mocked at! - al-Qur'an 26:6

Comment

illegal what?

No, I'm just wanting to know, would I be expected to condone violence, and under what conditions.

Illegal ***, ( I believe the brother was referring to fornication) Forgive me if I am wrong.

As for condoning violence: This is way too early to be asking such questions about conditions. Read the Qur'an first and see how you feel about that. I am not saying that to cut off you questions, but if you are sincere in your interest (and I believe you are), it would be better that way.

Let me give an analogy. You asking these questions is like a person who just joined the military with no weapons training asking to go directly to sniper school. You need basic weapons training first.

Comment

The phrase "all of Islam" suggests that there might be many legitimate groups of Muslims who differ.

However, I differ from that opinion. There is only one Qur'an. And one Prophet Muhammad :saw:. There is only one Islam. There is only one God! :lailah:

Do Muslims ever disagree on doctrinal matters? Are there some Muslims who would say "Those over there are not real Muslims", and others who would feel the opposite? Are there sects of Islam that differ on some religious matters?

I guess what I"m saying is, are there Muslims somewhere who would say "No, we do not stone people to death, we do not whip people", and are they real Muslims?

Comment

Illegal ***, ( I believe the brother was referring to fornication) Forgive me if I am wrong.

As for condoning violence. This is way too early to be asking such questions about conditions. Read the Qur'an first and see how you feel about that.
                    I'm sorry, I can't agree.

If you decide to support something, to stand by it permanently, you should know everything up front. Anything else is not informed consent.

I think I've gotten the answers to my first questions, I'll think more on other questions. Thank you all for your help.

I'll check back to see if anyone else on the board has a different perspective.

Comment

Well, yes, they are when you speak about them in such general terms.

In Islam, corporal punishment is used only under highly defined circumstances.

Islam does not advocate corporal punishment as an ideal punishment in all situations.

You're not supposed to smack around your wife or kids or parents, for example, when they've done something wrong or that displeases you.

Comment

Do Muslims ever disagree on doctrinal matters? Are there some Muslims who would say "Those over there are not real Muslims", and others who would feel the opposite? Are there sects of Islam that differ on some religious matters?

I guess what I"m saying is, are there Muslims somewhere who would say "No, we do not stone people to death, we do not whip people", and are they real Muslims?
                        There are sects, but they are deviants. If they say such a saying as what you said above: "No, we do not stone...", then they are not following the Law of Allah (swt).

If they are doing this because their government is corrupt and not following the Shar'iah, then it is their duty to work to change that government until it does, :insha:

If they are preaching this (saying not to stone), then they are deviants causing corruption.

Comment

those who say that are not Muslims because they shun ,don't follow and dislike the Laws of Allah (SWT) aren't Muslims
                          www.ashaabulquran.com

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't agree.

If you decide to support something, to stand by it permanently, you should know everything up front. Anything else is not informed consent.

I think I've gotten the answers to my first questions, I'll think more on other questions. Thank you all for your help.

I'll check back to see if anyone else on the board has a different perspective.
                            Reading the Qur'an doesn't mean you support it right off the bat. You need to read that first before you will understand the details.

(reposting this analogy)

Let me give an analogy. You asking these questions is like a person who just joined the military with no weapons training asking to go directly to sniper school. You need basic weapons training first.

Comment

Reading the Qur'an doesn't mean you support it right off the bat. You need to read that first before you will understand the details.

(reposting this analogy)

I'm sorry, but I consider the analogy inapt. I would ask up front under what conditions I'm expected to harm someone. Your analogy addresses issue of method, I'm concered with ends and means.

Another religion I"ve studied is Mormonism. When I asked questions they did not want to answer, they said "Milk before meat. We can't answer these questions yet because you don't have the training and background in our scripture to understand. Just study what we tell you and leave your questions.."

If that is the requirement here, then I would not be a good student. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I consider the analogy inapt. I would ask up front under what conditions I'm expected to harm someone. Your analogy addresses issue of method, I'm concered with ends and means.

Another religion I"ve studied is Mormonism. When I asked questions they did not want to answer, they said "Milk before meat. We can't answer these questions yet because you don't have the training and background in our scripture to understand. Just study what we tell you and leave your questions.."

If that is the requirement here, then I would not be a good student. Thanks for your help.
                                No one says "leave your questions" here. But if you don't read the Qur'an, you won't understand Islam.

Reading the Qur'an doesn't make you a Muslim. You are not forced to do anything. And no one is going to ask you to harm anyone under any condition, so do not fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X