Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• islam began as something strange...

i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Re: islam began as something strange...

Assalaatu wa salaam ya Rasoolullah

Assalaamo alaikum:

It's interesting these ahadeeth you have mentioned, because there is another famous hadeeth which says:

Imam Abu `Abdullah Al-Bukhari, may Allah have mercy upon him, recorded that Abu Hurayrah said, "We were sitting with the Prophet , when Surat Al-Jumu`ah was revealed to him (And others among them who have not yet joined them.) They said, `Who are they, O Allah's Messenger' The Prophet did not reply until they repeated the question thrice. At that time, Salman Al-Farisi was with us. So Allah's Messenger placed his hand on Salman, saying: "If faith were on Ath-Thurayya (Pleiades), even then some men or a man from these people would attain it.'' Muslim, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa`i, Ibn Abi Hatim and Ibn Jarir collected this Hadith.
    [CENTER][COLOR=darkgreen]And if you were to try to count the favours of Allah, you would never be able to number them.[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#006400](An-Nahl 16:18)[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

walaykumasalaam

:jkk: for sharing the hadith
      i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

i heard a lecture on this by khalid yasin
        'Whenever I remember that day.......I think Allah will never forgive me---- and I faint' :lailah:
        Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

truly a superb lecture by him!
          www.ashaabulquran.com
          www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

Would a Muslim be so kind as to give us the Arabic for "strange" and perhaps tell us its root and other words related to it?

(This really does help a lot when you're trying to get a good grasp of Islamic concepts.)

Comment

Ghareeb is the Arabic word
              www.ashaabulquran.com
              www.aladabalmufrad.wordpress.com

Comment

So who are the Strangers ? :) Nowadays ?

Comment

Originally posted by al faqeer View Post
                  So who are the Strangers ? :) Nowadays ?
                  could someone make it clearer to me also.

Comment

islam is still a strange concept to many people in this oh so 'modern' world so in that sense muslims are seen as strangers to some non muslims who dont understand why we choose to follow islam
                    muslim sister

Comment

Originally posted by heaven2002 View Post
                      islam is still a strange concept to many people in this oh so 'modern' world so in that sense muslims are seen as strangers to some non muslims who dont understand why we choose to follow islam
                      well its going to remain strange if you dont explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew View Post
                        Would a Muslim be so kind as to give us the Arabic for "strange" and perhaps tell us its root and other words related to it?

(This really does help a lot when you're trying to get a good grasp of Islamic concepts.)
                        Strangeness and the Strangers
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew View Post

Edit: Asiya already answered it above.
                          Last edited by Abu Mus'ab; 16-06-07, 12:39 PM.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Ok this is good , so you are saying all muslims are strange and not a particular Group or sect ?

If thats the case OK .

Comment

this is not the full lecture http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4lFNbANPY does anyone know where to get it ?:confused:
                              'Whenever I remember that day.......I think Allah will never forgive me---- and I faint' :lailah:
                              Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Comment

Working...
                              X