Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Muslims eat from McDonald's, Subway & Grocery stores in Non Muslim countries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Muslims eat from McDonald's, Subway & Grocery stores in Non Muslim countries?

How many here agree with this fatwa?

Can Muslims eat from McDonald's, Subway & Grocery stores in Non Muslim countries? - Assim Al Hakeem

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Noooooooooo!

Just listened to the first 90 seconds and that already sounds totally wrong. For him to say you can eat vegetarian food even if it's made by Hindus for the idols????? One of the key reasons we're forbidden from haram meat is because of pronouncing Allah's (swt) name over it at the time of slaughter and the clear cut haram of eating something slaughtered in the name of some other Pagan/polytheistic deity. How is veg any different? Why do we say Bismillah before we eat? And then we eat a mithai that was first served as an offering for Ram/Krishna?

SERIOUSLY???? I've not even listened to the rest that much in itself already sounds wrong.

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

Can Muslims eat from McDonald's, Subway & Grocery stores in Non Muslim countries? - Assim Al Hakeem

The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I did not watch the video, but we know that we have our well known and well respected halal certification standards.
      We should not neglect them.
      There are supermarkets almost everywhere and if there are not halal food, maybe to consider buying kosher certified food, but please consult your local imam/mufti first.

If it is not possible to buy halal in a hurry, we should probably be safe in buying for example organic whole grain bread, fermented milk products, canned fish, nuts, salads, fruits etc.

Comment

I do not eat meat from McDonald's, Subway etc. Not halal where I live.

I go for fish option or veggie option.

Comment

I have never eaten from Mac Donalds not even Halal stuff. Hanafi scholarship I follow, states, meats from slaughter to plate all needs to have Muslim chain. Slaughterer Muslim, transporter Muslim, butcher muslim, purchaser Muslim, cook Muslim, server Muslim, and then you can eat it. If there is one non-Muslim in that chain its suspect and should be avoided.

With regards to Halal foods used in non-Islamic festivals. If the food itself is not Haram then Hukm is that food is Halal.You can't declare a Halal as Haram not allowed that is what the Jews/Christians did with their priests. They took em as Lords beside Allah ... why they declared His Halal as Haram and His Haram as Halal and Jews obeyed = worshipped. So you cannot declare a Haram as Halal nor a Halal as Haram. Banana is Halal and nothing will make it Haram. Question is should we eat a Banana dedicated to an idol but then gifted to you? Banana is not Haram but the dedication is Haram and we suppose to boycott Shirk. Our eating of Banana would make it OK for them ... but our refusal to do so is a form of protest and mildest form of persecution and victimization of a Mushrik.So don't eat the Banana. Make the Mushrik feel uncomfortable and embrassed for his Shirk not all fuzzy wuzzy about his Shirk. Thats what i do.

Comment

Growing up and living in Canada, I had never met anyone who had followed this opinion, I hadn't even known this opinion existed. It wasn't until I visited my cousins in Texas, US, in I think 2016, they told me that you can eat meat thats prepared by Christians or Jews too and thats why they would eat meat everywhere. Not that it has to be kosher, or Christian methods of slaughter, but that the person just has to be from the book, doesn't matter if they're practicing or not. It never made sense to me, is that like if a non practicing Muslim brought me non-halal meat, is it halal for me to eat it? On top of that even if the Christians are practicing, they don't have a uniform method for slaughtering, most don't even drain the blood. I guess it works on the meat being innocent until proven guilty?

Though I recently moved to the UK, and I'm seeing many Muslims who don't care about whether the meat is halal certified or not which is surprising, especially since I think theres more religiously unaffiliated/atheists here than Christians and Jews, and I don't see as many halal options in mainstream supermarkets as I did back in Southern Ontario, Canada, even though theres a lot more Muslims here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

Growing up and living in Canada, I had never met anyone who had followed this opinion, I hadn't even known this opinion existed. It wasn't until I visited my cousins in Texas, US, in I think 2016, they told me that you can eat meat thats prepared by Christians or Jews too and thats why they would eat meat everywhere. Not that it has to be kosher, or Christian methods of slaughter, but that the person just has to be from the book, doesn't matter if they're practicing or not. It never made sense to me, is that like if a non practicing Muslim brought me non-halal meat, is it halal for me to eat it? On top of that even if the Christians are practicing, they don't have a uniform method for slaughtering, most don't even drain the blood. I guess it works on the meat being innocent until proven guilty?

Though I recently moved to the UK, and I'm seeing many Muslims who don't care about whether the meat is halal certified or not which is surprising, especially since I think theres more religiously unaffiliated/atheists here than Christians and Jews, and I don't see as many halal options in mainstream supermarkets as I did back in Southern Ontario, Canada, even though theres a lot more Muslims here.
              My friends work in chicken packaging factories. All haram chicken. They tell me iraqi kurds and arabs in general take happily eat haram beef/chicken in canteen and take home the haram chicken for consumption. They say minority somalis do same. Their logic is say bismillah and it is halal... They that.

Comment

I have had more discussions with brothers regarding this

and now i see where they get it from

and if you disagree, you are putting yourself above the level of the scholars
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

so you agree with the video`?
                  And those who have no knowledge say: "Why does not Allah speak to us (face to face) or why does not a sign come to us?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the signs for people who believe with certainty.Surah Al-baqarah ayat 118

Comment

I must say that im bit shocked. And I agree with neelu
                    I watch so many viedeos from this sheikh hes one of my favourites

but HOW is it OK to eat meat that a chritsian has prepared like chickenn when they belive in jesus. even if they didnt say "in jesus name" you cant be sure what they do say!
                    I never heard of any muslim go into mcd and order chicken because there is halal chicken and meat shops made for muslims!!
                    im so confused...

And also most peopel in nordic/scandianvian contries are atheitist so they dont usaually say anything!(very few christians)
                    And those who have no knowledge say: "Why does not Allah speak to us (face to face) or why does not a sign come to us?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the signs for people who believe with certainty.Surah Al-baqarah ayat 118

Comment

Originally posted by naom View Post
                      I must say that im bit shocked. And I agree with neelu
                      I watch so many viedeos from this sheikh hes one of my favourites

but HOW is it OK to eat meat that a chritsian has prepared like chickenn when they belive in jesus. even if they didnt say "in jesus name" you cant be sure what they do say!
                      I never heard of any muslim go into mcd and order chicken because there is halal chicken and meat shops made for muslims!!
                      im so confused...

And also most peopel in nordic/scandianvian contries are atheitist so they dont usaually say anything!(very few christians)
                      He is using the "Christian Country" rule to justify his position
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by naom View Post

so you agree with the video`?
                        my goodness man, you are new here, arent you

just sit back and observe
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

This has been an issue for decades. One time in the 1990s I went to an Egyptian hijab wearing sister's house whom I knew from the mosque. She asked if I wanted to stay for dinner and at first I said yes assuming she'd only use halal meat, then I noticed she had Tesco (which is a major supermarket here like you have Walmart) meat in her fridge and I was shocked. I asked her why she doesn't only buy halal meat and she said "big sheikh on TV says this is okay" meaning it's classified as "meat of Jews and Christians" and it was some Arab sheikh on TV who okay'd this. I don't know what channel she was watching, but in my experience, it's mostly the US based milkshaykhs who come out with that sort of thing. It's not something I hear much among UK Muslim speakers. UK Muslims will mostly might not be that fussy about whether something is 'halal certified' but they do mostly only buy from places that are listed as halal and would avoid stuff like supermarket meat (that isn't labelled as halal) or these chain restaurants (unless they are ordering vegetarian or a fish based meal).

I'll be honest, if halal wasn't available, I would still consider eating kosher meat because Jews do slaughter their animals in the name of the Lord of Moses and Aaron (swt), they do cut the throat of the animal whilst praying over it, they do drain the blood and Islamic texts do permit us to eat that... but there's no way I'd eat meat from one of these places that are not even listed as halal just because "the owner is a Christian". In fact, I stopped going to a vegetarian restaurant because above the restaurant name it had "Ram" written over it (whereas a lot of Muslim owned halal restaurants have "bismillah" written above the restaurant name) so I felt like they've pronounced a name of shirk over the food and didn't want to eat there. From elsewhere I do eat vegetarian food made by non Muslims (including by Hindus) if the place doesn't show signs of shirk like that.

Honestly I believe people go along with this (meat of the Christians) out of sheer laziness (not wanting to spend an afternoon having to hunt down the one halal shop in a new town or not wanting to scan through menus for a half decent vegetarian option cos the man just loves his red meat TOO MUCH). The man has ambitions and his career means he has to travel to different cities or countries and he doesn't want to spend his lunch breaks having to hunt down the one vegetarian or halal place or eat bland rice cos this restaurant doesn't have many options, or offend his hosts at a business dinner by conspicuously mentioning he eats differently from all the other colleagues etc. So rather than face those inconveniences, he'd prefer to go fatwa shopping for a lenient view that will allow him to eat wherever he likes without the faff because the dunya and his career and ambitions are at the core of his life, the deen is on the periphery and he adheres to the bits that don't get in the way of what matters most to him.
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

This has been an issue for decades. One time in the 1990s I went to an Egyptian hijab wearing sister's house whom I knew from the mosque. She asked if I wanted to stay for dinner and at first I said yes assuming she'd only use halal meat, then I noticed she had Tesco (which is a major supermarket here like you have Walmart) meat in her fridge and I was shocked. I asked her why she doesn't only buy halal meat and she said "big sheikh on TV says this is okay" meaning it's classified as "meat of Jews and Christians" and it was some Arab sheikh on TV who okay'd this. I don't know what channel she was watching, but in my experience, it's mostly the US based milkshaykhs who come out with that sort of thing. It's not something I hear much among UK Muslim speakers. UK Muslims will mostly might not be that fussy about whether something is 'halal certified' but they do mostly only buy from places that are listed as halal and would avoid stuff like supermarket meat (that isn't labelled as halal) or these chain restaurants (unless they are ordering vegetarian or a fish based meal).
                            Hanafi scholarship of Deobandi and Barelwi persuasion both have given Fatwah against such meat. This Halaling of Haram is a Wahhabi sickness. You will never hear a Hanafi scholar issue such Fatwah in UK, USA, or where ever. Anyone who accepts their Fatwah of these Wahhabis and deems the meat Halal is guilty of following:

They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him.” [Ref: 9:31]

“Narrated 'Adi bin Hatim: "I came to the Prophet while I had a cross of gold around my neck. Salafi: 'O Adi! Remove this idol from yourself!' And I heard him reciting from Surah Bara'ah: ‘They took their rabbis and monks as lords besides Allah.’ (9:31). Salafi: 'As for thembut when they made something lawful for them, they considered it lawful, and when they made something unlawful for them, they considered it unlawful.'" [Ref: Tirmadhi, B44, H3095, here.]

“The Messenger of Allah recited this Ayah: “They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah.” Adi commented Sunni: `They did not worship them.’ The Prophet said: ‘Yes they did. They (the Rabbis and monks) prohibited the Halal for them and allowed the Haram, and they obeyed them. This is how they worshipped them.[Ref: Tafsir Ibn Kathir, 9:31, here.]

And these Wahhabi Shaykhs:

"Have you seen the one who takes as his Ilah/god his own desire? Then would you be responsible for him?"[Ref: 25:43]

They are people who have taken themselves as gods. UK is not Christian and slaugterers are not Christians.

Comment

Mr Wahhabi himself speaketh

I have struck one off of the bucket list

I have now actually met a Wahhabi

Next is Bigfoot
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X