Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revive the Sunnah of our Prophet peace be upon him.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17. Never criticize any food The Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ never criticized any food.

Narrated Abu Huraira [‫رضى الله عنه‬] ‬‬‬‬‬ The Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ never criticized any food (he was invited to) but he used to eat if he liked the food, and leave it if he disliked it.‬‬‬‬‬‬

Ref: Sahih al-Bukhari 5409, sahih muslim 2064a and Riyadh us saliheen #737

Commentary from Shaikh Saalih al uthaymeen (رحمه الله) : It is must upon the person if food is presented for them, that they recognize the worth and value of the blessing of Allah for the ease and facilitation of it and they should give thanks for that. They should not criticize it, if they want it and find delicious then eat it and if they don't then do not eat it. However, do not speak about it by criticizing and speaking ill of it.

👉However, there is no harm if one says to his family "Today you have put too much salt, or anything similar to that" This is not criticizing the food, rather it is just informing the one who cooked to pay attention and be careful on the process of making the food and use its ingredients properly"

Comment

18. To increase quantity of food in order to share Adding water to food to increase quantity in order to share with others.

The Book of Virtue, Enjoining Good Manners, and Joining of the Ties of Kinship

Chapter: Advice to Treat One's Neighbor Well
      Abu Dharr [‫رضى الله عنه‬] reported Allah's Messenger صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ commanded me thus: Whenever you prepare a broth (or soup), add water to it, and have in your mind the members of the household of your neighbors and then give them out of this with courtesy.‬‬‬‬‬‬
      Ref: Sahih Muslim 2625c
      In-book ref: Book 45, Hadith 186
      Eng: Book 32, Hadith 6358

Comment

19. Recite Tasbeeh/Tahmeed/Takbeer at night Reciting Tasbeeh (33)/Tahmeed(33)/Takbeer(34) times at bed time.

(سبحان الله) (الحمد لله) (الله أكبر)

Narrated `Ali bin Abi Talib [‫رضى الله عنه‬]: Fatima came to the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ asking for a servant. He said, "May I inform you of something better than that? When you go to bed, recite "Subhan Allah' thirty three times, 'Al hamdulillah' thirty three times, and 'Allahu Akbar' thirty four times. `Ali [‫رضى الله عنه‬] added, 'I have never failed to recite it ever since." Somebody asked, "Even on the night of the battle of Siffin?" He said, "Even on the night of the battle of Siffin."‬‬‬‬‬‬

Ref : Sahih al-Bukhari 5362
        In-book ref : Book 69, Hadith 12
        Eng: Vol. 7, Book 64, Hadith 275

20. Using miswak before every prayer!

Riyadh us Saliheen: The Book of Virtues
        'Aisha (رضي الله عنها) reported: The Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said, "The Miswak (tooth-stick) cleanses and purifies the mouth and pleases the Rubb." [An-Nasa'i and Ibn Khuzaimah].
        Reference: Book 9, Hadith 212
        Arabic/English book ref Book 9 Hadith 1202

Chapter: Siwak (to clean the teeth with Siwak which is a tooth-brush in the form of pencil from the roots of the Arak tree)

Narrated Hudhaifa [‫رضى الله عنه‬] Whenever the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ got up at night, he used to clean his mouth with Siwak. ‬‬‬‬‬‬

Reference Sahih al-Bukhari 245 In-book Ref: Book 4, Hadith 112 Eng: Vol. 1, Book 4, Hadith 246

Abu Hurairah [‫رضى الله عنه‬] narrated that: Allah's Messenger said: "If it were not that it would be difficult on my nation, then I would have ordered them to use the Siwak for each prayer."
        Ref: Jami` AT-TIRMIDHI Book 1, Hadith 22

Comment

21. What to recite when going up or down 👉Recite Subhan Allah when going down
          👉and Allahu Akbar when going up. (on Mountain or valley or road or elevator or airplane)

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah [‫رضى الله عنه‬] Whenever we went up a place we would say, "Allahu--Akbar (Allah is the Greatest)", and whenever we went down a place we would say, "Subhan Allah" (Glory be to Allah)‬‬‬‬‬‬
          Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 2993
          In-book ref: Book 56, Hadith 202
          Eng: Vol. 4, Book 52, Hadith 236

Comment

22. Do not yawn in salah as Allah dislikes it 👉 Do not yawn In Salah with a sound as Allah dislikes yawning.

Abu Hurairah [‫رضى الله عنه‬] reported the Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ as saying: Allah likes sneezing but dislikes yawning. So, when one of you yawns, he should restrain it as much as possible, and should not say Ha, Ha, for that is from the devil who laughs at him. ‬‬‬‬‬‬

Grade: Sahih, Sunan Abi Dawud 5028
            In-book ref Book 43, Hadith 256
            Eng: Book 42, Hadith 5010

Yawning is highly disliked in Salah. It causes people next to you to yawn as well. Scientists have still not been able to prove why this happens. A good way to stop yawning in Salah, is to bite down the molar teeth in the back, hard, as this prevents the mouth to open, thereby following the sunnah.

Comment

23. Right shoe first Put on the right shoe first.
              Take off the left shoe first.

Narrated Abu Huraira [‫رضى الله عنه‬] Allah's Messenger صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said, "If you want to put on your shoes, put on the right shoe first; and if you want to take them off, take the left one first. Let the right shoe be the first to be put on and the last to be taken off."‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
              Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 5855

Comment

24. Black seeds Jami` at-Tirmidhi » Chapters on Medicine

Abu Hurairah [‫رضى الله عنه‬] narrated that the Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said: "Use this black seed. For indeed it contains a cure for every disease except As-Sam" And As-Sam is death.‬ ‬‬‬‬‬

Grade: Sahih - Jami` at-Tirmidhi
                English ref : Vol. 4, Book 2, Hadith 2041

25. Eat with right hand

Ibn ‘Umar [‫رضى الله عنه‬] reported the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ as sayings: When any of you eats, he should eat with his right hand, and when he drinks, he should drink with his right hand, for the devil eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.‬‬‬‬‬‬

Grade: Sahih Ref: Sunan Abi Dawud 3776
                In-book ref Book 28, Hadith 41
                Eng : Book 27, Hadith 3767

Recite بسم الله أوله وآخره if forgotten to recite بسم الله before eating

Umaiyyah bin Makhshi [‫رضى الله عنه‬] reported Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ was sitting while a man was eating food. That man did not mention the Name of Allah (before commencing to eat) till only a morsel of food was left. When he raised it to his mouth, he said: "Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu (With the Name of Allah, in the beginning and in the end)." Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ smiled at this and said, "Satan had been eating with him but when he mentioned the Name of Allah, Satan vomited all that was in his stomach."

[Abu Dawud and An-Nasa'i]‬‬‬‬‬‬
                Riyadh us Saliheen: Book 3, Hadith 5
                Arabic/English book ref: Book 3, Hadith 732

Comment

26. Praising Allah while eating and drinking 👉 Say الحمد الله when you put a morsel of food in your mouth (say it before you chew it) and after every gulp of water.

Anas bin Malik [‫رضى الله عنه‬] reported that Allah's Messenger صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said: Allah is pleased with His servant who says: Al-Hamdulillah while taking a morsel of food and while drinking.‬ ‬‬‬‬‬

Ref: Sahih Muslim 2734a
                  In-book ref: Book 48, Hadith 123
                  Eng: Book 35, Hadith 6592

Comment

27. Pausing after every ayah in Surah Fatiha Surah Al-Fatihah is a dialogue between you and Allah the Most High. There is a beautiful, thoughtful sunnah to revive to value this beautiful interaction!

It is recommended for the one who prays to pause after each ayah when reciting Surah Al-Fatihah whether he or she is praying individually or in congegration, because it’s a sunnah.
                    When Umm Salamah (may Allah be pleased with her) was asked about the recitation of the Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ, she said: He used to pause after each verse: {Bismillaah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem} (pause) {Alhamdu lil-laahi Rabbil-‘Aalameen} (pause ) {Ar-Rahmaan Nir-Raheem} ( pause ) {Maaliki Yawmid-Deen}.” [Musnad Ahmad and Abu Daawood]

The Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said: Allah the Exalted said: ‘I have divided the prayer (Surah Al-Fatihah) into two halves between Me and My servant. A half of it is for Me and a half for My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he asked for.
                    If he says, “All praise and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of existence,” Allah says, “My servant has praised Me.”
                    When the servant says, “The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.” Allah says, “My servant has glorified Me.”
                    When he says, ‘Master of the Day of Judgment.” Allah says, “My servant has glorified Me.”
                    When he says, “You (alone) we worship, and You (alone) we ask for help.” Allah says, “This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he sought.”
                    When he says, “Guide us to the straight path. The way of those on whom You have granted Your grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your anger, nor of those who went astray.” Allah says, “This is for My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he asked for.” [Sahih Muslim, Sunan An-Nasaa’i]

Next time you recite Surah Al-Fatihah in prayer pause after each ayah.

Take this break as a moment of reflection on the fact that Allah the Most High answers each ayah. Subhan Allah!

Teach your kids Surah Fatiha as the first thing. They will recite this every day, in every salah, in every Raka’a making it a means of Sadaqa Jariah for you! Teach them this habit of pausing as well, inshaa’Allah!

Comment

28. Eating chicken Eating chicken is sunnah.

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari [‫رضى الله عنه‬] I saw the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ eating chicken.‬‬‬‬‬‬
                      Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 5517

Intentions matter a lot in Islam. Have intention in your heart, that you are eating chicken because it is the sunnah of Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ and remind yourself of this hadeeth. Your eating of chicken will turn into reward!

The power of intention is such in Islam, if used properly, it's like turning sand into Gold in a desert. Sleeping at night as per sunnah with the intention that you are sleeping to get strength in order to get up for Fajr, makes your sleeping a reward.

Multiple niyahs can be combined for one action.

Niyahs for wodhu:
                      To pray Salah.
                      To obey Allah.
                      To recite Quran.
                      To stay in the state of wodhu day and night. (Sahih Bukhari 1149)
                      To have sins forgiven...as the water that exits from wodhu, wipes away sins.(Sahih Muslim 244)

Niyahs when praying 2 Rak'ah sunnah of Fajr in the masjid.
                      Tahiyyatul wodhu.
                      Tahiyyatul masjid.
                      2 sunnah of Fajr.
                      2 nafl between Adhan and Iqama... as there is a prayer between every Adhan and Iqama for whoever wants to pray. (Sahih Bukhari 624)

Life is short! Let's maximize our rewards InSha Allah!

Comment

Jumma reminder

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
                        يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا نُودِيَ لِلصَّلَاةِ مِن يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ فَاسْعَوْا إِلَىٰ ذِكْرِ. اللَّهِ وَذَرُوا الْبَيْعَ ذَٰلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
                        O you who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday, hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if you but knew!
                        Surah Jumu'ah verse 9

Best day of the week - Friday

Abu Hurairah [‫رضى الله عنه‬] reported that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it Adam was created; on it he was made to enter Paradise; on it he was expelled from it; and the [last] hour (i.e. the Day of Resurrection) will take place on no day other than Friday.” (Sahih Muslim)

Reading surah kahf

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khduri [‫رضى الله عنه‬] that the Prophet (ﷺ) said: “Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, he will be illuminated with light between the two Fridays.”

Narrated by al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 836

Recite durood,

حَدَّثَنَا هَارُونُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، حَدَّثَنَا حُسَيْنُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ يَزِيدَ بْنِ جَابِرٍ، عَنْ أَبِي الأَشْعَثِ الصَّنْعَانِيِّ، عَنْ أَوْسِ بْنِ أَوْسٍ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏‏ إِنَّ مِنْ أَفْضَلِ أَيَّامِكُمْ يَوْمَ الْجُمُعَةِ فِيهِ خُلِقَ آدَمُ وَفِيهِ قُبِضَ وَفِيهِ النَّفْخَةُ وَفِيهِ الصَّعْقَةُ فَأَكْثِرُوا عَلَىَّ مِنَ الصَّلاَةِ فِيهِ فَإِنَّ صَلاَتَكُمْ مَعْرُوضَةٌ عَلَىَّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ قَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَكَيْفَ تُعْرَضُ صَلاَتُنَا عَلَيْكَ وَقَدْ أَرِمْتَ يَقُولُونَ بَلِيتَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ حَرَّمَ عَلَى الأَرْضِ أَجْسَادَ الأَنْبِيَاءِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏"

Narrated Aws ibn Aws:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: Among the most excellent of your days is Friday; on it Adam was created, on it he died, on it the last trumpet will be blown, and on it the shout will be made, so invoke more blessings on me that day, for your blessings will be submitted to me. The people asked: Messenger of Allah, how can it be that our blessings will be submitted to you while your body is decayed? He replied: Allah, the Exalted, has prohibited the earth from consuming the bodies of Prophets.

Sahih (Al-Albani)
                        Sunan Abi Dawud 1047
                        In-book : Book 2, Hadith 658
                        English translation : Book 3, Hadith 1042
                        Abu Dawood

take ghusl,

Narrated Ibn `Umar [‫رضى الله عنه‬]:
                        While `Umar bin Al-Khattab was standing and delivering the sermon on a Friday, one of the companions of the Prophet(ﷺ), who was one of the foremost Muhajirs (emigrants) came. `Umar said to him, "What is the time now?" He replied, "I was busy and could not go back to my house till I heard the Adhan. I did not perform more than the ablution." Thereupon `Umar said to him, "Did you perform only the ablution although you know that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to order us to take a bath (on Fridays)?"

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 878

wear best clothing,

'Abd Allah b. 'Amr al-'As reported the Prophet (ﷺ) as saying: Whoever washed himself on Friday and applies perfume of his wife if she has one, and wears good clothes and does not step over the necks of the people (in the mosque to sit in the front row) and does not indulge in idle talk during the sermon, that will atone (for his sins) between the two Fridays. But he who indulges in idle talk and steps over the necks of people (in the mosque), that (Friday) will be for him like the noon prayer.

Grade: Hasan, Sunan Abi Dawud 347
                        apply oil and perfume,

Narrated Salman-Al-Farsi [‫رضى الله عنه‬]
                        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven."

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 883

use miswak to brush your teeth,

وَحَدَّثَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ سَوَّادٍ الْعَامِرِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ وَهْبٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ، الْحَارِثِ أَنَّ سَعِيدَ بْنَ أَبِي هِلاَلٍ، وَبُكَيْرَ بْنَ الأَشَجِّ، حَدَّثَاهُ عَنْ أَبِي بَكْرِ بْنِ الْمُنْكَدِرِ، عَنْ عَمْرِو، بْنِ سُلَيْمٍ عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏
                        ‏ غُسْلُ يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ عَلَى كُلِّ مُحْتَلِمٍ وَسِوَاكٌ وَيَمَسُّ مِنَ الطِّيبِ مَا قَدَرَ عَلَيْهِ ‏"
                        ‏ ‏‏ إِلاَّ أَنَّ بُكَيْرًا لَمْ يَذْكُرْ عَبْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ وَقَالَ فِي الطِّيبِ وَلَوْ مِنْ
                        طِيبِ الْمَرْأَةِ ‏‏

Abd al-Rahman son of Abd Sa'id al-Khudri reported on the authority of his father that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

Bathing on Friday for every adult, using of Miswak and applying some perfume, that is available-these are essential. So far as the perfume is concerned, it may be that used by a lady.

Sahih Muslim 846 b
                        In-book : Book 7, Hadith 10
                        USC-MSA web (English) : Book 4, Hadith 1841 (deprecated)
                        Sahih Muslim

come to masjid early,

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah [‫رضى الله عنه‬] that: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Whoever performs ghusl as from janabah on Friday, then comes (to the masjid), it is as if he sacrificed a camel. Then the one who comes in the second hour, it is as if he sacrificed a cow. Then the one who comes in the third hour, it is as if he sacrificed a ram. Then the one who comes in the fourth hour, it is as if he sacrificed a chicken. Then the one who comes in the fifth hour, it is as if he sacrificed an egg. Then when the imam comes out, the angels attend to listen to the khutbah."

Sahih, Sunan Nasai book 14, Hadith 25
                        Eng: Vol. 2, Book 14, Hadith 1389
                        Arabic ref:Book 14, Hadith 1399

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (رحمه الله) was asked: When does the first hour of Friday begin?

He replied: The hours which were mentioned by the Prophet (ﷺ) are five. So the time between sunrise and the imam’s arrival is divided into five parts, each of which may be equivalent to what we know as an hour (60 minutes), or it may be more or less, because time changes.

take spot next to the imam.

Narrated Aws ibn Aws ath-Thaqafi [‫رضى الله عنه‬] I heard the apostle of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ say: If anyone makes (his wife) wash and he washes himself on Friday(Ghusl) , goes out early (for Friday prayer), attends the sermon from the beginning, walking, not riding, takes his seat near the imam, listens attentively, and does not indulge in idle talk, he will get the reward of a year's fasting and praying at night for every step he takes.
                        ‬‬‬‬
                        Grade : Sahih, Sunan Abi Dawud 345

The rewards of jummah. If these conditions are met.

Chapter: Performing Ghusl For The Friday Prayer

Narrated Aws ibn Aws ath-Thaqafi [‫رضى الله عنه‬] I heard the apostle of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ say: If anyone makes (his wife) wash and he washes himself on Friday(Ghusl) , goes out early (for Friday prayer), attends the sermon from the beginning, walking, not riding, takes his seat near the imam, listens attentively, and does not indulge in idle talk, he will get the reward of a year's fasting and praying at night for every step he takes.
                        ‬‬‬‬
                        Grade : Sahih, Sunan Abi Dawud 345

👉 1. Performs Ghusl,
                        👉 2. Goes very early to the Masjid,
                        👉 3. Goes walking, not riding,
                        👉 4. Sits close to imam (not in the back)
                        👉 5. Listens attentively to the khutbah
                        👉 6. Doesn’t engage in futile activity (like, talking to someone or fidgeting with his hair, clothes or phone etc)

Will receive for every step: The reward for 1-year fasting and 1-year night Salah.

Sunan Abi Dawud 345 and Tirmidhi 496

Comment

29. Praying nafl at home is better 👉 Praying Nafl (voluntary prayers) at home is better.

Chapter: What Has Been Mentioned About Salat After Maghrib Is More Virtuous In The House

Sa'd bin Ishaq bin Ka'b bin Ujrah narrated from his father from his grandfather who said: "The Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ prayed Maghrib in the Masjid of Banu Abdul-Ashbal, and some people stood to offer voluntary prayers, so the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said: 'This Salat is to be performed by you in your homes.'"

Reference: Jami` at-Tirmidhi 604

Comment

30. Do not drink in one gulp Ibn 'Abbas [‫رضى الله عنه‬] reported: Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ said, "Do not drink in one gulp like a camel, but in two or three (gulps). Mention the Name of Allah (say Bismillah) when you start drinking and praise Him (say Al-hamdu lillah) after you have finished (drinking)." [At- Tirmidhi]‬‬‬‬‬‬

Riyadh us Saliheen: Book 3, Hadith 31
                            Arabic/English ref: Book 3, Hadith 758

31. Visiting the sick Visit the sick in the morning or evening.

It was narrated that ‘Ali [‫رضى الله عنه‬] said “I heard the Messenger of Allah صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ say: ‘Whoever comes to his Muslim brother and visits him (when he is sick), he is walking among the harvest of Paradise until he sits down, and when he sits down he is covered with mercy. If it is morning, seventy thousand angels will send blessing upon him until evening, and if it is evening, seventy thousand angels will send blessing upon him until morning.’”‬‬‬‬‬‬
                            Grade : Hasan - Sunan Ibn Majah
                            Eng: Vol. 1, Book 6, Hadith 1442
                            Arabic ref: Book 6, Hadith 1509

Recite when you visit the sick.
                            "‏اللهم رب الناس، أذهب البأس، واشف، أنت الشافي لا شفاء إلا شفاؤك، شفاءً لا يغادر سقماً
                            'Aisha (رضي الله عنها) reported: When the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ visited any ailing member of his family, he would touch the sick person with his right hand and would supplicate: "Allahumma Rabban-nasi, adhhibil-ba'sa, washfi, Antash-Shafi, la shifa'a illa shifa'uka, shifaan la yughadiru saqaman [O Allah! the Rubb of mankind! Remove this disease and cure (him or her)! You are the Great Curer. There is no cure but through You, which leaves behind no disease]."
                            [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
                            Riyadh us Saliheen
                            Arabic/English book ref: Book 7, Hadith 902

Comment

32. Supplicating upon seeing dark clouds 👉Supplicate upon seeing Dark clouds.
                              ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّا نَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا أُرْسِلَ بِهِ ‏"‏ ‏
                              and ‏"‏ اللَّهُمَّ سَيْبًا نَافِعًا upon seeing Rain

Chapter: The Supplication That A Man Should Recite When He Sees Clouds and Rain
                              Aisha (رضي الله عنها) narrated that when the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ saw a cloud approaching from any horizon, he would stop what he was doing, even if he was praying, and turn to face it, then he would say: “Allahumma inna na’udhu bika min sharri ma ursila bihi (O Allah, we seek refuge with You from the evil of that with which it is sent).” Then if it rained he would say: “Allahumma sayyiban nafi’an (O Allah, a beneficial rain),” two or three times. And if Allah dispelled it and it did not rain, he would praise Allah for that.

Grade : Sahih
                              Reference: Sunan Ibn Majah 3889

Comment

33. Knocking on door Sunnah of knocking on door

How often do people keep knocking on someone’s door without respecting the inhabitants’ right to not respond? Yes, this hadith applies for family as well, so next time you feel like continuously knocking or calling someone, remember this sunnah and remember the three-times-only rule.

Narrated Anas [‫رضى الله عنه‬] Whenever the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ spoke a sentence (said a thing), he used to repeat it thrice so that the people could understand it properly from him and whenever he asked permission to enter, (he knocked the door) thrice with greeting. ‬‬‬‬‬‬

Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 95

👉Knocking along with saying the greeting Assalamu Alikum is the sunnah. Repeat thrice, then leave. They have the right to NOT open the door. Similar is the case when someone does not answer the phone. They have the right to NOT answer the phone.

Narrated Jabir [‫رضى الله عنه‬] I came to the Prophet صَلَّى اللّٰهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ in order to consult him regarding my father's debt. When I knocked on the door, he asked, "Who is that?" I replied, "I" He said, "I, I?" He repeated it as if he disliked it. ‬‬‬‬‬‬
                                Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6250

👉"I" is the not a clear answer. Say your name!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X