X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TikTok and muslim sisters

salaams to all

this is my first thread in a long time.

recently, my sister and nieces visited us. while they were at our home, they told me i had to try an app called TikTok- thats its very interesting etc.
    i took their advice and installed it, just to see what it was like-i must say that its quite addictive.lots of videos about lots of subjects- some are quite silly but many are worth watching

theres is one thing though, that i find most disturbing about the stuff on TikTok:
    theres so many muslim girls & women exposing themselves unnecessarily- some like to say that theyre hijabis but they have on a ton of makeup & some have on tight cloaks that show the shape of their bodies, while they have a scarf on their head.
    dont they realise they a making a mockery of the term hijab? not only that, they are making a mockery of islam too.

if u look at the ACTUAL meaning of the word hijab, it means barrier or partition- the entire idea is NOT to just cover the hair but to dress in such a way that you DO NOT attract any attention towards yourself. to be as plain & unnoticeable as possible- these girls/women are doing the complete opposite and proudly claiming to be hijabis.

ive seen many new muslims who make videos and theyre also dressed the same way but they are just following/imitating the example of born muslim sisters.

in contrast, theres LOTS of Jewish girls on TikTok who make videos- lying & defending Israel & the actions of the IDF- those napaak kuffaar girls are dressed more decently & modestly than our muslim sisters.
    they come there to make videos that are beneficial & productive(from their point of view at least) while our muslim sisters mostly make videos about silly stufff which is of no benefit to anyone.

i have replied to their lies a few times & it seems TikTok interprets that to mean i find those videos interesting and i get a lot of stuff like this in my feed.

some may say that i should rather delete the app if i find it so offensive but that doesnt sort out the problem of these sisters exposing themselves to the world.

maybe some of the sisters here who also have TikTok can speak to the creators of such videos- females tend to listen to other females.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
    jazakallah
    Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
    very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Originally posted by msmoorad View Post
    salaams to all

this is my first thread in a long time.

recently, my sister and nieces visited us. while they were at our home, they told me i had to try an app called TikTok- thats its very interesting etc.
    i took their advice and installed it, just to see what it was like-i must say that its quite addictive.lots of videos about lots of subjects- some are quite silly but many are worth watching

theres is one thing though, that i find most disturbing about the stuff on TikTok:
    theres so many muslim girls & women exposing themselves unnecessarily- some like to say that theyre hijabis but they have on a ton of makeup & some have on tight cloaks that show the shape of their bodies, while they have a scarf on their head.
    dont they realise they a making a mockery of the term hijab? not only that, they are making a mockery of islam too.

if u look at the ACTUAL meaning of the word hijab, it means barrier or partition- the entire idea is NOT to just cover the hair but to dress in such a way that you DO NOT attract any attention towards yourself. to be as plain & unnoticeable as possible- these girls/women are doing the complete opposite and proudly claiming to be hijabis.

ive seen many new muslims who make videos and theyre also dressed the same way but they are just following/imitating the example of born muslim sisters.

in contrast, theres LOTS of Jewish girls on TikTok who make videos- lying & defending Israel & the actions of the IDF- those napaak kuffaar girls are dressed more decently & modestly than our muslim sisters.
    they come there to make videos that are beneficial & productive(from their point of view at least) while our muslim sisters mostly make videos about silly stufff which is of no benefit to anyone.

i have replied to their lies a few times & it seems TikTok interprets that to mean i find those videos interesting and i get a lot of stuff like this in my feed.

some may say that i should rather delete the app if i find it so offensive but that doesnt sort out the problem of these sisters exposing themselves to the world.

maybe some of the sisters here who also have TikTok can speak to the creators of such videos- females tend to listen to other females.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
    jazakallah
    Assalamu alaikum Brother/ sister.

PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE COMMENT.

I TOTALLY agree with you in this subject. As your muslim sister, I do use this app named 'Tiktok' and yes, I see many muslim women and sisters on the app exposing themselves, showing their legs and arms and wearing tight clothing that exposes the body figure, despite wearing hijab and calling themselves muslims.

And yes, there are non muslim women whom dress better than our muslim sisters. But I want to remind you of a couple of things my dear brother/ sister. Wearing a scarf on the head and exposing your figure IS NOT CONSIDERED HIJAB.
    And yes I TOTALLY agree that covering the awrah, legs, arms, wearing loose clothing and dressing modestly IS CONSIDERED HIJAB.

I must tell you, the women whom expose their bodies and do not cover their awrah, WILL BE PUNISHED.
    READ THIS ARTICLE:

"Assalamu alaikum, (peace be upon you)
    modest dressing is a requirement in islam and is an obligation, a female who neglects it is sinful but its not something she should be punished for like for example in islam stealing and murder has punishments as it is seen as a very bad act whereas not covering oneself according to the quran and sharia law allah will judge them in the aakhira (afterlife).

a proper muslim woman must cover her awrah which is her whole body excluding her face hands and feet. `Aishah (RAA) said: "Asmaa' the daughter of Abu Bakr (RAA) came to see the Messenger of Allah (SAAWS) wearing a thin dress; so Allah's Messenger (SAAWS) turned away from her and said: O Asmaa', once a woman reaches the age of menstruation, no part of her body should be seen but this-and he pointed to his face and hands.

also we cannot wear tight clothing that cover us- they should be loose. We shouldn't wear jeans in public or tight shirts. An abaya would be better. Also the new style of placing cloth on your head to make it look like you have more hair is haram - it just lures men which is what the hijab is suppose to be preventing

Abu Hurairah radiyallahu anhu reported Allah’s messenger sallallahu alaihe wasallam having said this,
    "Their are two groups of people destined for the fire of hell. First, those officials who would carry with them whips looking like the tails of cows and they would use them for whipping people. Secondly, those women who would be naked despite being apparently clothed. They themselves will be inclined towards men and lure them as well. Their heads will be tall like the humps of Bukhti camels, bent onto one side (their hair will be styled in a bun). They will neither enter Paradise nor would they even smell the fragrance of Paradise which can be detected from great distances."
    you can also go to this link to read more about modest covering according to the quran for females.

[LINK REMOVED - AA]

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/darululoomtt/52510
    In Sha Allah you will be guided to the right path "

SECONDLY, men were told to avert their lustful gaze. Allah swt stated in the quran "And tell the believing men to lower their gaze,"
    My brother/ sister, you have not done that! There is a punishment for those girls, but there will ALSO BE A PUNISHMENT for the men whom failed to lower their gaze.
    Those men will also enter hellfire. I know there are muslim girls whom post silly content on Tiktok, trust me, I've seen some girls doing this before!
    But ignore them, as those whom LOWER THEIR GAZE WILL HAVE A SWEETNESS OF IMAN FILLING THEIR HEART, AND WILL ENTER JANNAH.
    And for the women whom cover the awrah and body parts, they WILL ALSO ENTER JANNAH!

I highly recommend all sisters to start the hijab after hitting Hilm (Puberty)

Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 04-08-20, 09:56 PM.

Comment

This problematic behaviour of some Muslim sisters isn’t exclusive to Tiktok - it’s happening across the board from Snapchat to Instagram.

It’s discusting behaviour and needs to stop. I don’t understand why some sisters are on these sort of platforms anyway, it’s just a waste of time and causes unnecessary fitnah. The same sisters then complain that no one takes them seriously. They got themselves to blame for that.

May Allah guide them.

Comment

*sigh*

It's amazing how brothers are always free from these sins, but not the sisters....

Whether it's TikTok, facebook, myspace, snapchat, tumblr, youtube and all those other types of apps/social media platforms, this sort of behaviour is pretty normal. I do have an issue that you're singling out sisters when brothers use these things too. Maybe start by making du'a for them and if you use the app, put out content that is beneficial and leave it at that. Putting out khayr tends to help people more than arguing with them or giving them advice that makes them defensive.

Most of the users there are kids who are still learning, so put out khayr and they'll come around. Not only sisters, but brothers too.
        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
        [2:186]

.:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

yes its not only the women who are causing fitna on there the Muslim men are doing the same. Maybe you can advise the brothers on there first?

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            *sigh*

It's amazing how brothers are always free from these sins, but not the sisters....

Whether it's TikTok, facebook, myspace, snapchat, tumblr, youtube and all those other types of apps/social media platforms, this sort of behaviour is pretty normal. I do have an issue that you're singling out sisters when brothers use these things too. Maybe start by making du'a for them and if you use the app, put out content that is beneficial and leave it at that. Putting out khayr tends to help people more than arguing with them or giving them advice that makes them defensive.

Most of the users there are kids who are still learning, so put out khayr and they'll come around. Not only sisters, but brothers too.
            True.
            "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Lol are there brothers with sunnah beards cavorting around on there displaying their awrah and plastering themselves with make up?

Comment

Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
                Lol are there brothers with sunnah beards cavorting around on there displaying their awrah and plastering themselves with make up?
                thats the point many seem to be missing.
                i havent seen any brothers half naked in any of those videos so far- maybe the sisters here have seen them- pls send me their usernames and insha allah i will send them a message.
                Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

i havent seen any brothers half naked in any of those videos so far- maybe the sisters here have seen them- pls send me their usernames and insha allah i will send them a message.
                  A headscarf of any sort has a far greater symbolic attachment with religion than a beard. Facial hair of various styles, even those resembling the sunnah beard, are widespread and not on their own considered an overtly religious symbol. A headscarf is hardly ever worn without it having a religious affiliation. So i don't see the point of mentioning "brothers sin too" when that has nothing to do with your point regarding females in headscarf making a mockery of hijab by dressing and acting inappropriately on tik tok while wearing it.

Comment

Brothers don't wear makeup and tight clothes for the most part, so that example is irrelevant in this situation. What the brothers would be doing instead is watching these sisters, and that's not apparent. So while it may look like that the women are the wild or sinning ones, men are doing the same, but it's more hidden. I know and have encountered muslim brothers with beards and practicing that do sin just as much as sisters do. So please let's not point the finger at only the sisters.

Comment

These disgusting women have lost their sense of haya. The same thing is happening on Instagram.
                      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawed View Post
                        yes its not only the women who are causing fitnah on there the Muslim men are doing the same. Maybe you can advise the brothers on there first?
                        Assalamu alaikum, I am NOT taking anyone's side. I ALSO commented on men, I explained it above.
                        Secondly, in my personal opinion, it is the women whom are causing MORE of the fitnah.
                        I have already explained his several times. The reason women around the world are getting raped more often is because of THE WAY THEY DRESS. See a modest female, she is not likely to get raped, because her curves and shape is covered from men, therefore no lust is involved.
                        However, when we see these whom wearing makeup, fancy clothes, attractive colours and styling their hair, these women will me MORE likely to suffer from rape, because of the way they dress! Furthermore, EVERYONE was born with a Sex-drive, this is what causes Lust and feelings of attraction towards others.

I DID NOT say the man is innocent, he is to blame MORE than the woman for the way he reacted, but the woman is the one whom caused the attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                          *sigh*

Assalamu alaikum. Hope you are fine.
                          Men are no less than women, for Allah, we are ALL equal, but that only matters on our sins and deeds. Islam is NOT a religion promoting sexism, instead, we see both genders to be blessed and loved by the almighty himself.
                          I always see women mocking Islam, calling muslims sexist, BUT THAT IS FALSE. They they think men will get hoor-ul-ayn in Jannah, and women will get nothing, but let me tell you. Allah is Just, he is GOD. The wives of the Prophet were also women, they were pious people. Do you think Allah will be unequal to them?

Let me say something a little sneaky, if your a male, it might offend you. The reward of fasting isn't mentioned in the qur'an. THAT DOESN'T MEAN there is no reward to fasting. Allah swt tells us he will give the reward for fasting HIMSELF.
                          Means the reward for fasting is so good, Allah won't tell us about it.
                          That might be the same case with women. Perhaps our reward is so good in our vision, Allah swt will reveal it to us himself?
                          Hope that helps you.

Your welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Muslimah View Post
                            Assalamu alaikum, I am NOT taking anyone's side. I ALSO commented on men, I explained it above.
                            Secondly, in my personal opinion, it is the women whom are causing MORE of the fitnah.
                            I have already explained his several times. The reason women around the world are getting raped more often is because of THE WAY THEY DRESS. See a modest female, she is not likely to get raped, because her curves and shape is covered from men, therefore no lust is involved.
                            However, when we see these whom wearing makeup, fancy clothes, attractive colours and styling their hair, these women will me MORE likely to suffer from rape, because of the way they dress! Furthermore, EVERYONE was born with a Sex-drive, this is what causes Lust and feelings of attraction towards others.
                            I DID NOT say the man is innocent, he is to blame MORE than the woman for the way he reacted, but the woman is the one whom caused the attraction.
                            I agree with you to a certain extent, but men rape not because of the way a woman dresses. If that was the case then every women on the street would be raped.

Women get raped by men who are criminals and evil in the first place. A half decent man will probably look at you and look away, he won't come up to you and rape you because of your make up.

I have had men follow me around and ask me to dinner while I was wearing full niqab, eyes covered and gloves. I have had men speak to me on many occasions while I was modestly dressed in hijab and abaya. Just recently I had an incident where a man inappropriately touched me and declared his love. And I am far removed from the Instagram look.

I believe women are MORE likely to get raped because they walk around without their marhams moreso than the way they dress. I know when I am with my marham no man dares to talk to me or touch me and it doesn't matter what I am wearing. Every single time that I was harrassed by a man it was because I was alone, and that includes my non-hijab days, hijab days as well as my niqab days.

Nevertheless, it doesn't excuse these sisters, but I'm just saying it's not as black and white as you may think.

Men need to be leaders before pointing fingers at the sisters. Most men are emasculated.

Comment

I forgot that brothers are perfect.

Akhi, I don't use the app, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that brothers are not sinning on there and it's just sisters. That just doesn't make sense. I've used other apps and I've seen brothers posting things that were inappropriate, the only problem is that because a sister wears a hijab she's seen as more sinful when both are doing bad things. I recently heard a story of a brother who used one social media platform to promote khayr, meanwhile in the background, he would DM sisters disgusting things and is being accused of raping someone.

Both genders sin on these platforms to only bring up sisters and make it seem like brothers don't do anything bad is shortsighted.

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                              These disgusting women have lost their sense of haya. The same thing is happening on Instagram.
                              You shouldn't call your sisters in Islam disgusting. Make du'a for them instead of insulting them like this.

Originally posted by Little_Muslimah View Post

Please don't bring rape like this and say that clothing plays a role in whether you are raped or not. Most rapes happen at home by someone you know. Clothing doesn't prevent it and it's never the fault of the victim. Those that rape rape because they have a sickness in their heart where they feel the need to dominate someone.

Allah told men to lower their gaze, so just because a woman isn't dressed properly doesn't mean she's free game. There were women during the time of the Prophet (SAW) who were half naked and showing their breasts, but they were not raped by the Muslims. This sort of thinking is incredibly problematic and misogynistic. Do women need to cover, yes, but Allah didn't command women to cover as a protection of rape. So please don't equate the two and make statements like this. There are sisters who have been raped and they were dressed properly. There are women who go to Hajj and are sexually assaulted or sisters who are groomed and attacked by those they trusted. Their clothing didn't protect them.

Please don't say things like this anymore.
                              وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                              "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                              Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                              [2:186]

.:.
                              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Working...
                              X