Jihad in today's world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jihad in today's world?

So I've started thinking about jihad recently.
    Specifically, the type including war. How would one perform jihad today in the proper Islamic way - not like what ISIS/Al-Qaedah does? I do not know of any recent examples of proper jihad. How would you even do it in today's world? Join the army(of a Muslim country)?

Also, I am confused regarding the people who live long and do good deeds vs. the people who die early in jihad. Generally what I've heard is that it's better to die a martyr than live long, with quotations from the Quran and Hadith of the rewards. However, there was this Hadith that went along the lines of the prophet seeing the person who lived longer enter heaven first and then the martyr entered after.
    "When you want to cry, laugh.
    If you're frozen in fear, you can't do anything"

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
    here is a hadith that makes a simple rule to define what is jihad and what is not jihad when it come to war https://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/26
    when you mention a hadith you better quote it so we can read it as for when it comes to comparison between people who live long and do good deeds or people who die early in jihad it takes more faith to participate in a war where you spend money and risk losing your limbs or your life than just worshiping allah for a long time
    and allah knows best

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza1416 View Post
      salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
      here is a hadith that makes a simple rule to define what is jihad and what is not jihad when it come to war https://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/26
      when you mention a hadith you better quote it so we can read it as for when it comes to comparison between people who live long and do good deeds or people who die early in jihad it takes more faith to participate in a war where you spend money and risk losing your limbs or your life than just worshiping allah for a long time
      and allah knows best
      Wa alaikum usalam
      I already know what jihad is, but I was wondering how one would actually go out and do jihad in today's world, in the practical sense.

I usually quote the hadiths I mention but I can't always find them since it's hard to search for a particular Hadith unless you remember most/correct wording.

That does make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt View Post

Wa alaikum usalam
        I already know what jihad is, but I was wondering how one would actually go out and do jihad in today's world, in the practical sense.

I usually quote the hadiths I mention but I can't always find them since it's hard to search for a particular Hadith unless you remember most/correct wording.

That does make sense.
        You shouldn't paraphrase what you remember from a Hadith if you just have a vague memory of it. You're attributing something to the Prophet and it is a grave sin to attribute something untrue to him. For example, you said in the OP that the Prophet saw a person who lived longer enter Jannah before a martyr. This is incorrect. The Prophet wasn't the one who saw it. One of the Sahabah did.

The original Hadith: https://sunnah.com/urn/1340580

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

You shouldn't paraphrase what you remember from a Hadith if you just have a vague memory of it. You're attributing something to the Prophet and it is a grave sin to attribute something untrue to him. For example, you said in the OP that the Prophet saw a person who lived longer enter Jannah before a martyr. This is incorrect. The Prophet wasn't the one who saw it. One of the Sahabah did.

The original Hadith: https://sunnah.com/urn/1340580
          I did say that it wasn't exactly like how I said it, but yeah kk.

Yeah that's the hadith. This is why I'm on the fence about whether one should go for the armed jihad or seek to live longer, since the prophet said that there's the difference between heaven and Earth between the martyr and the one who lived longer fasting and praying.

Comment

Wa alaikum usalam

That does make sense.
            according to that hadith none of the parties involved in conflicts occuring in this time want to make the word of allah superior it either for personal gains or politics or straight up oppression

Comment

according to that hadith none of the parties involved in conflicts occuring in this time want to make the word of allah superior it either for personal gains or politics or straight up oppression
              What
              this was the hadith, https://sunnah.com/urn/1340580

Comment

What
                this was the hadith, https://sunnah.com/urn/1340580
                brother please concentrate with me i meant the hadith i quoted

Comment

brother please concentrate with me i meant the hadith i quoted
                  Ahh that makes sense.
                  So I guess you can't do jihad nowadays.
                  There have been lashes out against the Muslims who've been discouraging jihad, so I thought one could actually do jihad.

Comment

People who fight against the occupation of kufaar tropps on Muslim land are risking their lives often for the sake of Allah (swt) such as the Muslims of the Sinai who are fighting against Israeli encroachments whilst the Egyptian government (both under Morsi and under Sisi) are trying to crush them to appease the filthy usurpers. When a person fights and dies for the sake of Allah (swt), we should not be splitting hairs and naval gazing over it- we should recognise their sacrifice for what it is and may Allah reward them, ameen.

Khayr, the important thing is to not get sucked into that "jihad is against the self" mantra. The kufaar would love nothing more than for us to promote that so that they can slaughter as many of us as they like in Syria, Yemen, Palestine, Kashmir, China, Burma etc and expect us to go quietly without a reaction.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

So I've started thinking about jihad recently.
                      Specifically, the type including war. How would one perform jihad today in the proper Islamic way - not like what ISIS/Al-Qaedah does? I do not know of any recent examples of proper jihad. How would you even do it in today's world? Join the army(of a Muslim country)?

Also, I am confused regarding the people who live long and do good deeds vs. the people who die early in jihad. Generally what I've heard is that it's better to die a martyr than live long, with quotations from the Quran and Hadith of the rewards. However, there was this Hadith that went along the lines of the prophet seeing the person who lived longer enter heaven first and then the martyr entered after.
                      Last legal Jihad (bil Saif) was the first world war (on the side of the Ottomans). Even if they were incompetant and ignored the Ulama telling them not to enter and even if the Caliph was as he was at the end of the Abbasids, nevertheless it was a legal Jihad.

As for how one could go about Jihad (bil Saif) legally today, it is my understanding that most Muslim countries do not recognise Israel or have any treaties with it. So is there anything stopping someone raising up an army and invading Israel? I cannot think of anything apart from making sure that such a campaign would minimise casualties on the Muslim side.

Militarily speaking, one would have to disarm Israel's nuclear warfare capabalities, how we go about this is anyone's guess.

Comment

Quite an interesting topic. I happen to think about these thinks too. Especially after coming across this hadith
                        “He who dies without having gone or thought of going out for Jihad in the Cause of Allah, will die while being guilty of having one of the qualities of hypocrisy.” Muslim Book 11 hadith 1271

This concept has always peaked my interest.

Such a pity that this topic is rarely discussed. It's almost a taboo these days.

Comment

Doesn't Jihad apply if you are fighting against oppression? What about if you are under attack? I think fighting to defend your self must constitute Jihad if it is under a Muslim banner.

Comment

Originally posted by RED ICON View Post

Doesn't Jihad apply if you are fighting against oppression? What about if you are under attack? I think fighting to defend your self must constitute Jihad if it is under a Muslim banner.
                            opression muslims is oppressing islam therefore you fight to make allah's word the superior samething goes for defending muslims however all conflicts that i know of in this time have nothing to do with making allah's word the superior but for political resons or money or oppression

Comment

opression muslims is oppressing islam therefore you fight to make allah's word the superior samething goes for defending muslims however all conflicts that i know of in this time have nothing to do with making allah's word the superior but for political resons or money or oppression
                              The obvious disclaimer here is that you are not aware of every conflict or intention.

Comment

Working...
                              X