Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about missing my prayers due to work, a bit complicated

Salam Alaikum

I am missing the Asr and Magrib prayers due to work, I work as a community nurse and the areas that I work in don't have mosques. I sometimes am able to pray in a park but not always.

I'm given a list of clients I have to see and the company I'm working for a very strict and are really pressuring me to complete a certain amount in very little time. I always go over time and they tell me it's because I'm new and slow etc. Also if you run late on one client it can have a flow on effect with all the other clients and some ring up my manager and complain.

I started this job about 5 weeks ago and had been looking for work for about 9 months before I got this job. A few days ago they reduced my hours from full time to 3-4hours per day.
    Those 3-4 hours begin half an hour before Asr and end half an hour or 15 minutes before Isha meaning that I usually miss both Asr and Magrib.

My faith was the strongest it has been at the end of last ramadan and I was determined to change but since I;'ve started this job I'm missing prayers and a few bad habits have crept back into my life that I swore I would never do again during ramadan.
    I'm quite depressed atm, everything feels hopeless.

Is it okay to pray when I get home and make up missed prayers?

Jazak Allah khairan

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
    you can ask to change your work hours for morning mabe ? if you start early morning you can pray all your prayers in the masjid inshaeallah .also make sure if they ask you for the reason of the change to be honest and say it for prayer
    you can also try looking for another job where you can pray all your prayers on time

Comment

1) you will get more efficent in your job with time. So hang in there and eventually you can manage salah with in the time you have
      2) for now ask to change your hours even by 1 hour shift you can hit salah time. But prayer time does change and in few months you will have to ask for another change in schedule. But go ahead and ask. It shouldn't hurt much.
      3) Maybe you can ask for 15 min unpaid break in your schedule.
      4) For now focus on completing your salah anywhere you are instead of going specifically to masjid. The earth has been made masjid for us & all of its nature is clean to pray on.
      5) When all fails, do Qadah and look for better job

Comment

There is no excuse to missing salah intentionally. You must pray on time without any exception. Keep your wudhu from beforehand and excuse yourself for 5 mins, if you cannot get a break. The boss might be angry but you will attain the pleasure of the Lord of all "bosses", the Sustainer and Provider of means. Have full trust and reliance upon Allah- don't worry about the consequences. If it's too hard then seek another job.

My husband had something amazing happen at one of his jobs. During the beginning he didn't know where to pray. He used to pray in the car park and the bosses inside caught CCTV footage of him praying. They called him in one day and gave him space to pray inside, I think they were at awe. Al hamdu lillah, he didn't have to struggle again.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellwellwell View Post
          Salam Alaikum

I am missing the Asr and Magrib prayers due to work, I work as a community nurse and the areas that I work in don't have mosques. I sometimes am able to pray in a park but not always.

I'm given a list of clients I have to see and the company I'm working for a very strict and are really pressuring me to complete a certain amount in very little time. I always go over time and they tell me it's because I'm new and slow etc. Also if you run late on one client it can have a flow on effect with all the other clients and some ring up my manager and complain.

I started this job about 5 weeks ago and had been looking for work for about 9 months before I got this job. A few days ago they reduced my hours from full time to 3-4hours per day.
          Those 3-4 hours begin half an hour before Asr and end half an hour or 15 minutes before Isha meaning that I usually miss both Asr and Magrib.

My faith was the strongest it has been at the end of last ramadan and I was determined to change but since I;'ve started this job I'm missing prayers and a few bad habits have crept back into my life that I swore I would never do again during ramadan.
          I'm quite depressed atm, everything feels hopeless.

Is it okay to pray when I get home and make up missed prayers?

Jazak Allah khairan
          Salam
          What type of job you got? You say you are a community nurse, do you travel to meet clients? or do they all come and meet you on site?

Comment

Is there any way to pray fardh, like even a minute or two with short surah? Better than missing entirely. Like...could you find a room with a lock that's hardly ever used? Do you get a tea break?

hope you work out a solution

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies.
              I can't change the shift time, taking an unpaid break right on asr/magrib might work, but if im stuck in traffic it might be a problem.
              I think it's only a matter of time to I either find a new job or resign.
              Not only because I'm missing prayers but because I am not enjoying the job or company.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellwellwell View Post
                Thanks everyone for the replies.
                I can't change the shift time, taking an unpaid break right on asr/magrib might work, but if im stuck in traffic it might be a problem.
                I think it's only a matter of time to I either find a new job or resign.
                Not only because I'm missing prayers but because I am not enjoying the job or company.
                Combine with Zuhr if you have to rather than missing it entirely.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Working...
                X