Zakat Frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakat Frustration

As-salamu Alaikum everyone Ramadan Mubarak.

I'm very confused on how to give my zakat. I still cannot fathom how hard it is to give away money. The complications I'm having are firstly the ruling on giving locally vs abroad. From my quick research I found that all four madhabs have ruled that zakat must be given locally, one exception being the Hanafi madhab which has ruling that if there is dire need elsewhere or family in need of it it is permissible to give abroad. Secondly it would be a lot easier to give to organizations such as HHRD, IRUSA and etc but how truly transparent are these groups additionally there's the unsettling allegations of funding for terrorism. Furthermore you can get a gist of how our donations are spent from the organizations financial reports which in some cases are not entirely spent on the program we intended to donate to which is perturbing. I use the website charity navigator to view reports if anyone is inquiring as well. Thirdly who is considered family in terms of those who can receive zakat abroad, can it be the needy great uncle and or the cousins of my parents. Furthermore what questions should be asked or how should a investigation be done to verify their need for zakat. Lastly if I must give my zakat locally, living in NYC its hard compared to lets say South East Asia to find someone who is actually able to be a recipient of zakat. This is due to mainly the reasons of finding homeless muslims, and if they are not homeless actually confirming their need for zakat by the way of questioning and investigation which some consider intrusive. I honestly, truly just want to have my zakat accepted by Allah that's all I care about but after realizing all of these policies its frustrating. But Allah العليم and الحكيم verily knows best. Please if anyone can just help me, educate me, reassure me how I should give my zakat it would really mean a lot to me and may Allah reward you immensely. Sorry if my post is allover the place and if any information is incorrect.

Been having the same problem brother, I had to donate large sum from my savings, tried to find places for donation but couldn’t find anywhere which I completely trusted. In the end I donated anyway, in the hope that Allah(SWT) accepts even if it doesn’t reach it’s destination completely. I still feel anxious about it though...

Comment

Exactly I feel as if sometimes people aren't giving Zakat due diligence. Its not as easy as just giving away money effortlessly. But Allah is الشكور so Insha'Allah our zakat's are accepted.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X