X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about repentance when you know death is near

Salam

im a muslim who has had health problems for a while

last month i was walking home from work crying because i knew i was never going to get married or have children ,experience companionship , that same night i was shown a dream in mecca .i came across a tall pale women in a green dress who said we are going to get marrid deen and kisses me . I look to the side and her friend told me to “prepare for the janaza (funeral) so i was basically told in that dream im going to die and that i need to prepare for funeral
    Because im going to get married in the after life .
    Allah has shown me my death is near , told me to prepare for it , showed me my wife in the Akira and i still sinned afterwards , i started crying freaking out .

I started freaking out because im terrified of dieng

i read in the quran recently that repentance when knowing death is near that it wont be accepted

im distraught , shaitan knew i was going to die and he got me and now is going to drag me to hell with him

im such an ungrateful person that Allah azzawajal showed me such blessings in that dream and even let me know im going to die
    So i can prepare for it, showed me the tall pale maiden who i was going to marry
    and i ruined it alll AstagfurAlllah

im doomed
    im truly doomed

its been a month since that dream and only since last week i have started preparing( stop all sins (, masterbation , backbiting)

i have always prayed 5 times a day but i still sinned after shown the dream

after reading that verse about repentance not being accepted when the sighs of death are near made my heart sink

i m going to burn
    i recieved punishment is this life and the punishment awaits me in the next

knowing that im also doomed in the Akhira is making me lose my mind

im a disgrace
    Cant believe i blew it all

i was practically shown that paradise was awaiting me

ASTAGFURALLAhH!!

i had an evil dream last night

there is no hope for me is there ?
    Last edited by Deen; 14-01-20, 07:01 PM.

Im now waiting in my room knowing that the angel of death is coming for me any moment now

Comment

Assalamu alaikum brother,

Did your doctor tell you you're going to die soon? Sometimes dreams don't mean that something is going to happen now. We are all going to die for sure and we still are sinning and repenting and expect Allah's forgiveness. If you're really sorry for what you did, I don't see the reason why Allah wouldn't forgive you.

As far as I know, it's too late ONLY when the angel of death appears to you. Because that's the end of your Dunya's life.

May Allah grant you Jannah and of course forgiveness!

Jazakallahu Khair

Comment

Doctors were all wrong cos my lymph modes are swollen and they cant find anything wrong

i think my ulcers in my stomach have perforated

That dream was from Allah

the fact that i had the dream on the night i was crying about never having companionship is no coincidence

doctors are clowns who nothing

Allah knows best

Comment

Quran says:
          Say, “O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.” [Quran 39:53]
          Regarding forgiveness on death bed, let's look at the following hadith:
          Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated:
          A young man from among the Jews used to serve the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). The boy became sick, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to visit him when he was on his death-bed. He called him to Islam, and the boy looked at his father, who was standing by his head. His father said, Listen to Abul-Qaasim. [Abul-Qaasim (Father of al-Qaasim) was the kunya or nickname of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) it is an Arab custom to address people as Father of and Mother of their oldest son Translator]. So the boy became Muslim, then he died. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came away from him saying, Praise be to Allah Who has saved him from the Hell-Fire. (Reported by Imam Ahmad, 12896; also narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 1356)
          http://sunnah.com/bukhari/23/110
          In another hadith:'Abdullah bin 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with them) reported that:
          The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah accepts a slave's repentance as long as the latter is not on his death bed (that is, before the soul of the dying person reaches the throat)".
          [At-Tirmidhi, who categorised it as Hadith Hasan].
          وعن أبي عبد الرحمن عبد الله بن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنهما عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال‏:‏ ‏ "‏ إن الله عز وجل يقبل توبة العبد ما لم يغرغر‏"‏ ‏(‏‏(‏رواه الترمذي وقال‏:‏ حديث حسن‏)‏‏)‏‏.
          http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/1/18
          Your dream may or may not be true, but we know that as Muslims when we come to this world, an adhan and Iqama has already been said in our ears which is for our Jinaza Prayer. When Adhan and Iqama is said then it does not take that long to start the prayer. Reality is that we are in this world only for a very short time and we all have to die. Allah has shown you the dream to shake you up and now Allah is waiting for your response.
          Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. [Quran 57:16]
          Take it positively because part of your dream is also related to good news of entering Jannah. Take whatever time you have to sincerely repent and ask for forgiveness. Verily Allah's mercy is infinite and He only wants the best for us. May Allah give you health and life which is beneficial for both worlds. And may Allah forgive your sins and enter you in Jannah al Firdous. Ameen!
          Last edited by Habib Urrehman; 14-01-20, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deen View Post
            Doctors were all wrong cos my lymph modes are swollen and they cant find anything wrong

i think my ulcers in my stomach have perforated

That dream was from Allah

the fact that i had the dream on the night i was crying about never having companionship is no coincidence

doctors are clowns who nothing

Allah knows best
            Assalaamu alaikum brother,

I am happy for you to hear of this beautiful dream that u had

I think you are interpreting this dream wrong.

In my culture (we are Muslims), they say a dream about death means u will get married.

This is what the islamic dream website says too. If you are an unmarried male (this is called a bachelor) and see death in a dream - it means u will get married soon

http://www.myislamicdream.com/search...dSearch=Search

I ask Allah to grant u an amazing beautiful pious spouse ameen.
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Habib Urrehman View Post
              Quran says:

Regarding forgiveness on death bed, let's look at the following hadith:
              Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated:

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/23/110
              In another hadith:'Abdullah bin 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with them) reported that:

http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/1/18
              Your dream may or may not be true, but we know that as Muslims when we come to this world, an adhan and Iqama has already been said in our ears which is for our Jinaza Prayer. When Adhan and Iqama is said then it does not take that long to start the prayer. Reality is that we are in this world only for a very short time and we all have to die. Allah has shown you the dream to shake you up and now Allah is waiting for your response.

Take it positively because part of your dream is also related to good news of entering Jannah. Take whatever time you have to sincerely repent and ask for forgiveness. Verily Allah's mercy is infinite and He only wants the best for us. May Allah give you health and life which is beneficial for both worlds. And may Allah forgive your sins and enter you in Jannah al Firdous. Ameen!
              Thank you so much my dear brother
              may Allah reward you for taking your time to reply
              Which crucial knowledge .

i love my ummah i honestly do .
              hope is all i have now

as salamu alaikyum

Comment

Originally posted by Deen View Post

Thank you so much my dear brother
                may Allah reward you for taking your time to reply
                Which crucial knowledge .

i love my ummah i honestly do .
                hope is all i have now

as salamu alaikyum
                إِن يَنصُرْكُمُ ٱللَّهُ فَلَا غَالِبَ لَكُمْ وَإِن يَخْذُلْكُمْ فَمَن ذَا ٱلَّذِى يَنصُرُكُم مِّنۢ بَعْدِهِۦ وَعَلَى ٱللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ ٱلْمُؤْمِنُونَ
                If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you; but if He should forsake you, who is there that can aid you after Him? And upon Allah let the believers rely. [Quran 3:160]
                On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:
                Allah the Almighty said: I am as My servant thinks I am
                (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a cubit, and if he draws near to Me a cubit, I draw near to him a fathom. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed. (1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty. It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).
                http://sunnah.com/qudsi40/15
                Trust in Allah Subahanhu Wa Taala and He will never disappoint you. May Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala accept your repentance and grant you with the best in both worlds. Ameen!

Comment

Working...
                X