Praying for God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praying for God

I took shahadah last month. I have been trying to pray but I haven't felt genuine in doing so. The past two days I have made Fajr prayer and Isha prayer (Quite a bit late though) :(
    I want to soon pray five times daily but I don't want my parents to find out I believe Islam yet, and I feel they may find me praying, and I'm in class during Dhuhr. I let my concerns get in the way of pleasing Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala). Also, I rush my prayers and thus don't mean it because I am saying words without knowing what they mean. How can I pray in order to please Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala) only.

eesa the kiwi please could you advise the brother.

Also how are you catholic61718 , I ask Allah to bless you, protect u and to bestow his mercy and love on you, and to keep guiding you and to guide your whole family and friends too, ameen.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by catholic61718 View Post
      ..How can I pray in order to please Allah (subhanahu wa Ta'ala) only.
      May Allah, the Most Gracious be pleased with you. Having a concern about your salat, as you clearly do, is the most important thing.
      Keep remembering Allah as often as you can. Do not forget Him. Do not let satan divert your attention.

It can be difficult to establish salat. Work, college and other legitimate reasons can interfere with this important pillar of Islam.
      Be patient .. you will get there, inshAllah. Keep trying.
      There is no need to cause yourself grief. If you are concerned about others "finding out", you can still learn the prayers and recite them.
      ..even if it is lying down and in your heart
      He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

May Allah, the Most Gracious be pleased with you. Having a concern about your salat, as you clearly do, is the most important thing.
        Keep remembering Allah as often as you can. Do not forget Him. Do not let satan divert your attention.

It can be difficult to establish salat. Work, college and other legitimate reasons can interfere with this important pillar of Islam.
        Be patient .. you will get there, inshAllah. Keep trying.
        There is no need to cause yourself grief. If you are concerned about others "finding out", you can still learn the prayers and recite them.
        ..even if it is lying down and in your heart
        Alhamdulillah. Thank you brother. Barak Allah fik.

Comment

Working...
        X