X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

aMuslimForLife

Any recommendations?
    al-Nuqul al-Shar'iyya fil Radd 'ala al-Wahabiyya (The Divine Texts: A refutation of the Wahabis) by the Hanbali scholar, the Shaykh Mustafa bin Ahmad bin Hassan al-Shatti (d. 1348 AH) (from the Hanbali al-Shatti family and grandson of the famous Hanbali 'Allama Hassan bin 'Umar al-Shatti (d. 1274 AH)!)

al Sawa'iq al Ilahiyyah (The Divine Lightening) by Imam Sulaiman ibn Abdul Wahab al Najdi al Hanbali.

These two books were translated by Shaykh Abu Jafar al Hanbali. These two books are the best books in English on the subject from a Hanbali perspective on the issue. Shaykh Abu Jafar has extensive footnotes, quoting various scholars of the Hanbali Madhab and other madhabs on the subject. The number of footnotes makes both texts commentaries. The unfortunate thing, is these books are no longer available for sale.

In these lectures, he gives a detailed explanation of al Sawa'iq al Ilahiyyah (The Divine Lightning) by Imam Sulaiman ibn Abdul Wahab al Najdi al Hanbali.

Another good book, would be is Notions that Should be Corrected by Shaykh Muhammad b. สฟAlawi al-Maliki al-Hasani. He was the Shaykh of the Malikis in Mecca and a Muhaditheen, who died at the beginning of this century.

https://sunnipubs.com/products/notio...t-be-corrected

notions-th[email protected]2x.jpg

This book is still available for sale.
    My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

aMuslimForLife

Any recommendations?
      SEEKING ALLAH THROUGH THE MEANS OF TAWASSUL & ISTIGATHA by Habib Kazim bin Ja'far bin Muhammad al-Saqqaf

Habib Kazim bin Ja'far bin Muhammad al-Saqqaf was born in Tarim, in Yemen's Hadramawt Valley and traces his lineage back to the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. He memorised the Qur'an and studied under many of ther great scholars of Tarim and beyond. As a highly respected scholar, he is considered an expert in many areas of the sacred sciences including Fiqh, Sirah, 'Aqidah, Usul and in particular, Hadith and its related sciences. He previously served as the director of the Ribat of Al-Shihr and then the director of the Ribat of Al-Mukalla' and sits on the council for Legal Verdicts at Dar al-Mustafa in Tarim.

I forgot I had this book. I just read it. It is short and concise and addresses some of your questions.

https://www.meccabooks.com/1448-seek...952085362.html

seeking-allah-through-the-means-of-tawassul-istigatha.jpg
      My Blog ---> Reflections of the Traveler http://baraka.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        I posted the article (not my words) as I came across it. Not interested in having a discussion with sectarian clowns that argue in bad faith.
        These two have been at this for quite some time

I would have limited their spamming to one or two threads
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

• aMuslimForLife

I just purchased "Notions that Should be Corrected" and "Seeking Allah Through the means of Tawassul". Any idea where I could find the books translated by Shaykh Abu Jafar al-Hanbali? Why are they no longer available anyway?

I'll be honest the introduction video of his lecture series kind of threw me off when I first watched it last month. But I'm willing to give it a try if it's supposed to compensate for the book.

Comment

.."Seeking Allah Through the means of Tawassul & Istigatha"..
            Looks like Asrar Rashid is going to cover the topics related to this book in an upcoming livestream this Friday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShAsrarRa...58399503122440

Too bad I ordered my copy a little late and probably won't receive it until next week. Hopefully the lecture will be informative and addresses some of the questions I had regarding these issues.

Comment

• "Worship: Gateway to Tawhid and to Takfir" by Shaykh Hatim al-Awni:

https://archive.org/details/worship-...-awni/mode/1up

Comment

"Worship: Gateway to Tawhid and to Takfir" by Shaykh Hatim al-Awni:

https://archive.org/details/worship-...-awni/mode/1up
                May Allah's blessings be on ar-Rasul Muhammad Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam and his family.

Comment

Looks like Asrar Rashid is going to cover the topics related to this book in an upcoming livestream this Friday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShAsrarRa...58399503122440

Too bad I ordered my copy a little late and probably won't receive it until next week. Hopefully the lecture will be informative and addresses some of the questions I had regarding these issues.
                  Asrar Rashid on Tawassul, Istigatha, Shirk and graves:

Comment

• Yasir Qadhi on Istigatha & the Najdi Da'wah:

He addresses the Shirk of the Pagan Arabs and Ibn Abdul Wahhab's misunderstanding of their theology from 40:45 onwards.

Comment

• Abu Sulayman

Are you familiar with Shaykh Kareem Helmy from Egypt and would you say that this is a fair representation of the Hanbali position on Istigatha?

https://thethinkingmuslim.com/2020/1...-kareem-helmy/

Comment

Yasir Qadhi on Istigatha & the Najdi Da'wah:

He addresses the Shirk of the Pagan Arabs and Ibn Abdul Wahhab's misunderstanding of their theology from 40:45 onwards.
                        Allah says: "ูˆุงู„ุฐูŠู† ุงุชุฎุฐูˆุง ู…ู† ุฏูˆู†ู‡ ุฃูˆู„ูŠุงุก ู…ุง ู†ุนุจุฏู‡ู… ุฅุงู„ ู„ูŠู‚ุฑุจูˆู†ุง ุฅู„ู‰ ู‡ู„ู„ุง ุฒู„ูู‰"

And those who have taken as protectors other than Allah (say) we donโ€™t worship them except to come closer to Allah. [39:3]

Allah has also says: โ€œูˆ ูŠุนุจุฏูˆู† ู…ู† ุฏูˆู† ู‡ู„ู„ุง ู…ุง ุงู„ ูŠุถุฑู‡ู… ูˆ ุงู„ ูŠู†ูุนู‡ู… ูˆ ูŠู‚ูˆู„ูˆู† ู‡ุคุงู„ุก ุดูุนุงุคู†ุง ุนู†ุฏ ู‡ู„ู„ุงโ€

And they worship other than Allah that which neither protects nor harms them and they say that these are our intercessors with Allah. [10:18]

Furthermore, Allah says: ุฃู… ุงุชุฎุฐูˆุง ู…ู† ุฏูˆู† ู‡ู„ู„ุง ุดูุนุงุก ู‚ู„ ุฃูˆ ู„ูˆ ูƒุงู†ูˆุง ุงู„ ูŠู…ู„ูƒูˆู† ุดูŠุฆุง ูˆ ุงู„ ูŠุนู‚ู„ูˆู†. ู‚ู„ ู‡ู„ู„ ุงู„ุดูุงุนุฉ ุฌู…ูŠุนุง ู„ู‡ ู…ู„ูƒ ุงู„ุณู…ูˆุงุช ูˆ ุงุงู„ุฑุถ ุซู… ุฅู„ูŠู‡ ุชุฑุฌุนูˆู† โ€œ

Have they (the pagan Arabs) taken other than Allah intercessors? Say if it were that they neither possess anything nor had sense. Say (to them) Allah possesses all intercession. He possesses everything in the heavens and the earth and to him you will return. [39:43-44]
                        Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

• Originally posted by aboosait View Post

Allah says: "ูˆุงู„ุฐูŠู† ุงุชุฎุฐูˆุง ู…ู† ุฏูˆู†ู‡ ุฃูˆู„ูŠุงุก ู…ุง ู†ุนุจุฏู‡ู… ุฅุงู„ ู„ูŠู‚ุฑุจูˆู†ุง ุฅู„ู‰ ู‡ู„ู„ุง ุฒู„ูู‰"

And those who have taken as protectors other than Allah (say) we donโ€™t worship them except to come closer to Allah. [39:3]

Allah has also says: โ€œูˆ ูŠุนุจุฏูˆู† ู…ู† ุฏูˆู† ู‡ู„ู„ุง ู…ุง ุงู„ ูŠุถุฑู‡ู… ูˆ ุงู„ ูŠู†ูุนู‡ู… ูˆ ูŠู‚ูˆู„ูˆู† ู‡ุคุงู„ุก ุดูุนุงุคู†ุง ุนู†ุฏ ู‡ู„ู„ุงโ€

And they worship other than Allah that which neither protects nor harms them and they say that these are our intercessors with Allah. [10:18]

Furthermore, Allah says: ุฃู… ุงุชุฎุฐูˆุง ู…ู† ุฏูˆู† ู‡ู„ู„ุง ุดูุนุงุก ู‚ู„ ุฃูˆ ู„ูˆ ูƒุงู†ูˆุง ุงู„ ูŠู…ู„ูƒูˆู† ุดูŠุฆุง ูˆ ุงู„ ูŠุนู‚ู„ูˆู†. ู‚ู„ ู‡ู„ู„ ุงู„ุดูุงุนุฉ ุฌู…ูŠุนุง ู„ู‡ ู…ู„ูƒ ุงู„ุณู…ูˆุงุช ูˆ ุงุงู„ุฑุถ ุซู… ุฅู„ูŠู‡ ุชุฑุฌุนูˆู† โ€œ

Have they (the pagan Arabs) taken other than Allah intercessors? Say if it were that they neither possess anything nor had sense. Say (to them) Allah possesses all intercession. He possesses everything in the heavens and the earth and to him you will return. [39:43-44]
                          Please refer to section 2 of that video and the many beneficial posts made in this thread. Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab's issue was that he took certain verses in isolation to others and misconstrued the theology of the Pagan Arabs. The Quran and Hadith literature needs to be taken in totality in order to have a comprehensive view on any subject.

BarakAllah Feekum.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboosait View Post

Allah in 39:3 affirms that the pagans took other than Allah as their wali. As you know Al-Wali is one of the names & attributes of Allah, ascribing partners to Allah in this attribute of His is Shirk not only in asma wa sifaat but also in rububiyyah. Rububiyyah and asma wa sifaat are inter-connected meaning shirk in one leads to shirk in the other and eventually leads to shirk in worship. Furthermore Rabb from which Rububiyyah is based on is also part of asma wal sifaat.

If you look at the definition salafis give when explaining the meaning of tawheed rububiyyah they include in it the sifaat of Allah, such as the creator, sustainer, provider etc

Tawheed al-ruboobiyyah means affirming that Allaah is One and Unique in His actions, such as creation, sovereignty, controlling affairs, provision, giving life and death, sending down the rain, and so on. A personโ€™s Tawheed is not complete unless he affirms that Allaah is the Lord, Sovereign, Creator and Provider of all things, that He is the Giver of life and death, the One Who brings benefit and causes harm, the only One Who answers prayers, the One Who is in control of all things, in Whose hand is all goodness, the One Who is able to do whatever He wills โ€“ which also includes believing in the divine will and decree (al-qadar), both good and bad.
                            https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4902...-who-reject-it

In the above ayah Allah informs us that the pagans affirmed the attribute of guardian/protector to their gods meaning they took them as partners with Allah in His Rububiyyah ie committed shirk in rububiyyah.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdoonkaAlle;n12774842

[URL
                              https://islamqa.info/en/answers/49025/the-real-meaning-of-tawheed-al-ruboobiyyah-oneness-of-divine-lordship-and-those-who-reject-it[/URL]

Please note the forllowing passage from the above quote:

The fact that the mushrikeen affirmed Tawheed al-ruboobiyyah does not mean that they did so in a complete sense. Rather they used to affirm it in a general sense, as Allaah tells us in the verses quoted above. But they had some faults in their beliefs that undermined this concept, such as attributing rain to the stars, and their belief that soothsayers and fortunetellers had knowledge of the unseen, and other forms of shirk concerning the divine Lordship. But these faults are limited compared to their incorrect beliefs with regard to the oneness of the divine nature (Tawheed al-uloohiyyah) and worshipping Allaah alone (Tawheed al-โ€˜ibaadah).
                              Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

Please refer to section 2 of that video and the many beneficial posts made in this thread. Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab's issue was that he took certain verses in isolation to others and misconstrued the theology of the Pagan Arabs. The Quran and Hadith literature needs to be taken in totality in order to have a comprehensive view on any subject.
                                BarakAllah Feekum.
                                Bismillah,

A good trait of our Salafi brothers is that they are Ahlud-Dawah, inviting those who Allah wills to guide to Islam. And they dedicate themselves in this endeavor and they are the foremost of the people from the Muslims who make such effort. What an excellent trait that is, and what an excellence they have in this field.

Now imagine for yourself, if we spent the amount of time having endless discussions over sectarian topics instead on conveying the message of Islam. Then how effective would we be?
                                Then imagine for youself, if we spent the amount of time having endless discussions over sectarian topics instead on arguing for and fighting in favour of the cause of our Palestinian brothers and sisters who suffer tremendously. Then how effective would we be?

All Muslims are our brothers, regardless of even the strong differences we have with them

The Shi'a and the Salafi, the Ibadi and the Ikhwani, the Sufis of strange practice and even the Modernist believing in principled syncretism, all are brothers of ours united in Islam We may disagree, even strongly, with some or all of them. I disagree with all of them. But they are still our brothers. They are my brothers and sisters in Islam.

King Faisal of Saudi Arabia, unifier of the Muslims, may Allah bless and forgive him, said that all the Muslims of all the lands whether from Egypt or from India, wherever they may be, are our brothers in Islam. He included the Iranians, Ikhwan al-Muslimin and the Sufis of the Tariqat. And he was a man educated upon the Islam of Allah's slave Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhab, may Allah forgive him.

Reconciling ourselves and defending Orthodoxy has its time and place, but there are greater matters we neglect

There is indeed a place for discussions between the sects and Ahlus Sunnah to take place, but it is neither here nor now. Such discussion has taken place in the past, and it has become as conclusive as I feel it can be. Each side claims victory, the Shi'ite thinks he has proven Shi'asm correct, and the Ibadi thinks he has proven Ibadism correct. But who is claiming victory for Islam?
                                For whilst we spend ninety percent of our time arguing (sometimes well, sometimes poorly), bickering even, the youngsters are losing Iman, the sincere are not hearing the message of Islam and our brothers in every persecuted place are dying.

Dying yes, for what? So that we can argue (sometimes well and sometimes badly) over issues amongst Muslims and then claim victory regardless of what the opponent says? Are they dying so that whilst the Youth lose Iman, whilst the sincere do not learn of Islam, whilst our brothers die in the way of Allah, struggling against injustice and persecution, we sit here and slander eachother and our respective authorities, using an alomst satanic and sepentile harshness to beat a belief out of our opponents?

Prove you are from Ahlus Sunnah with your Adab and actions first

Ya Ahlus Sunnah, be Ahlus Sunnah first in Adab! Adab which Allah has praised even the unbelieving christians for, Adab which the Seal of the Prophets, the Prophet of Mercy, Muhammad Salallahu Alayhi Wa Salam came to perfect!

Are we Ahlus Sunnah wal-Jama'ah in Aqeedah but when it comes to Adab we readily adopt the Aqeedah of Ahlul Bid'ah wal-Firqah?

When Ibn Abbas Radiyallahu Anhu debated his opponents did he convince them by harshness? And how much time did he dedicate to this matter of convincing them? Rather he convinced some, many even, but could he convince all Kharijites from all places?

So why, when the Sahabah and as-Salaf never did so, do we spend most of our time in these discussions? Do we fool ourselves into thinking we are benefiting Islam when are only working to the benefit of our Nufus?

And what did the Sahabah Radiyallahu Anhum do? They dedicated their time to spreading Islam! They went far and wide! So many died outside of the Arabian Peninsula, and yet we are already here in the western world and we are spending our time and opportunity here debating issues we've already decided upon in our hearts.

So let us imitate the Muslims we disagree with, and work to spread Islam instead.

So turn to Allah al-Ghaffar, and take up the pen as a means of Jihad as the imprisoned scholars like Shaykh Sa'id Nursi has called for. Whilst our brothers and sisters and even the youngeters from them fight Jihad al-Sayf, you and I can fight Jihad al-Qalam. We must conquer the hearts. Islam conquers and is not conquered.

And none can convey this Din but Allah. And none can guide but Allah. And there is no success for us unless the Most High so wills it. So turn to Him and ask for victory and insha'Allah He will provide it.

When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest,

And you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes,

Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of Repentance.

(Sahih International's Interpretation of al-Qur'an, Surah an-Nasr)
                                And trust in Allah and be content with the Divine Decree.

He is capable of all things.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X