Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should you approach a privileged life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should you approach a privileged life?

Living in the modern developed world with all it’s ease, comforts and facilities etc, we are living in better conditions than 90% of the world currently, and in better condition than most of the past human history. So as modern Muslims how should we feel about this? I personally feel random bouts of guilt sometimes when the thought crosses the mind followed by bouts of sadness that this will not be in our favour in the hereafter.

dont feel guilty, but Be grateful for the blessings that have been given to you. But be wise to use those blessings to benefit you and others. Dont use a blessing to cause sin, that is the definition of ingratitude. It can work in your favour if you use those blessings in the right manner.

dont feel guilty, Never will we be deserving of all the blessings that we receive, but they should be accepted and embraced, and we should continuously ask for the bounties and barakah that Allah swt gives us

Comment

Originally posted by FKY View Post
      Living in the modern developed world with all it’s ease, comforts and facilities etc, we are living in better conditions than 90% of the world currently, and in better condition than most of the past human history. So as modern Muslims how should we feel about this? I personally feel random bouts of guilt sometimes when the thought crosses the mind followed by bouts of sadness that this will not be in our favour in the hereafter.
      Remember that these blessings are also a test for us and we will be asked how we spent our rizq.¬† One thing I see a lot is waste; we are such a 'throw away' culture, whether it is food, clothes, technology.¬† Be mindful about wasting food especially.¬† Also about yearning for the latest phone/designer clothes, where really the money is not justified and the benefit not great.¬† One of my sons recently bought a (second hand) designer hoody thing for £25.¬† New it cost £100 so he thought that was a good deal.¬† I was telling him he could have bought the same hoody, minus the name in Primark for £10 and th e other £15 given as charity, which would have been better for him.¬† I personally think it's really important to keep assessing your intentions when you want something, if there is even a 1% chance that you are buying it because it has a name or is the latest fashion you should think twice about it.¬† Extravagance is a sin and we need to be careful about that.¬†¬†

Comment

Originally posted by FKY View Post
        I feel this, but I'm going to be straight about it, the thing that I feel threaten by and it's hard to say this in terms of Hereafter because when I think about the punishment there really is no bottom or end, but I feel more concern about becoming wasteful and excessive in this regard because of the example of The curse from the mouths of The Prophet (Isa ibnu Maryum and Dawood) onto the children of Israel for thier excess
        I think there is worst mentioned in the Quran about excess waste not being liked by Allah سبحان الله سبحان الله
        There are many forms of this.
        Other than that it's the room, feel like multiple families can stay in an average house and live better than they are across the world

Another again is food, as so many times too much food was cooked that could feed sereval people

And excess to information and educational activities

Thinking about these things are on one end and on the other is the small gap between being middle class and on government assistance and homelessness.

What I actually think these countries in trouble need is diplomacy because there is enough food for everyone but some of these countries are out right neglected, like Somolia, right next to a kingdom and being starved from famine and drought. Or other people's like Iran who the whole world is openly trying to inflict. Makes me think that none of this is happening without someone purposely neglecting and exciting it for political power.

At the end of the day we answer to Allah for our own capacities. If you have a nice life in a western country Or any country Then it deserves beautified praises of Allah.

Not everyone in these countries have that _ where flesh is being torn else where it decays in the west
        ​​​​​​

May Allah Bless us with Gratitude and Repentance
        Stupid politics makes organizing help in these matters invoke suspicion. Money use to flow alot easier overseas in the 90s but now it's like we've been talked into a boycott globally

But from your post it's heard the body of the ummah
        May Allah make you successful.

I really would not know how to even address this topic without another refugee scenario, and for that to work it would require the military budget to be replaced by welfare and education.

​​​​​​
        the best thing to do with the lowly world(dunya) is use it for Deen (the way of life in debt to Allah for existing itself, and For what only Allah knows) Be appreciative and successful and make something to help. May Allah Bless us all to do this.

السلام عليكم و راحماتالله و بركة

رب زدني علما

Just posting this thread reminds follow Muslims everywhere of the Might and Mercy of Allah

It is the truth that is in the Quran a reminder of the reality of this topic and even our speaking about it.

​​​​​​​May Allah be with The Sincere to Him

Comment

you can be a billionaire whom Allah is pleased with and a poor person whom Allah is displeased with.
          If we are given an easy life and we make shukr its better than having hard life and being ungrateful.
          So through these luxuries we can still go closer to Allah

Comment

Originally posted by mair View Post

I feel this, but I'm going to be straight about it, the thing that I feel threaten by and it's hard to say this in terms of Hereafter because when I think about the punishment there really is no bottom or end, but I feel more concern about becoming wasteful and excessive in this regard because of the example of The curse from the mouths of The Prophet (Isa ibnu Maryum and Dawood) onto the children of Israel for thier excess
            I think there is worst mentioned in the Quran about excess waste not being liked by Allah سبحان الله سبحان الله
            There are many forms of this.
            Other than that it's the room, feel like multiple families can stay in an average house and live better than they are across the world
            I definitely disagree with this. Space for a married couple is not a luxury, it's a necessity. Far too many problems result in extended family cramped into 'average houses'.

Comment

Jazakallah for the answers. I saw an old man with a white beard on the road side in Pakistan wearing some broken sandals, simple tainted white clothes, smiling and selling pakoras. That’s when it struck me like an arrow of how ungrateful and blind we can be of Allah(SWT) blessings, and imagine if Allah(SWT) were to take us to task...

May Allah(SWT) forgive us for all the blessings we have enjoyed without being thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post

I definitely disagree with this. Space for a married couple is not a luxury, it's a necessity. Far too many problems result in extended family cramped into 'average houses'.
                The problem is, better to live in the country

Comment

Working...
                X