Should I opt out of organ donation? UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I opt out of organ donation? UK

There's a law they're in the process of passing in the UK that means by 2020 you may have to opt out of organ donation or be assumed a donor (Max's Law or Max and Kiera's Law).

I dont know if I should opt out or not. You can save lives.

Problem is...Islam says we can still feel things after death (or at least I got that impression - correct me if I'm wrong). Imagine feeling them cutting you open and taking everything out and having to endure that. And then I say...maybe Allah will not let me feel the pain because it is to save someone else..but that's wishful thinking, dont wanna take the risk.

What do people think? Will it hurt?

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
    There's a law they're in the process of passing in the UK that means by 2020 you may have to opt out of organ donation or be assumed a donor (Max's Law or Max and Kiera's Law).

I dont know if I should opt out or not. You can save lives.

Problem is...Islam says we can still feel things after death (or at least I got that impression - correct me if I'm wrong). Imagine feeling them cutting you open and taking everything out and having to endure that. And then I say...maybe Allah will not let me feel the pain because it is to save someone else..but that's wishful thinking, dont wanna take the risk.

What do people think? Will it hurt?
    We alaikum Alaskan
    ​​​
    my understanding of the hadith "..to break a bone of the dead is to break the bone of the living..." is not evidence that we will feel pain after death but it refers to the level of respect that has to be given to the dead. Perhaps someone can provide a more rigorous daleel inshaAllah. I too have been thinking about this as a relative recently received a corneal implant and I feel that if you are willing to receive then you should be willing to give. Bear in mind that you still need to officially be alive to have most organs harvested, so you will be under general anaesthetic as if you are in surgery. I think after death it is only corneas and heart valves that can be removed. My main concern is a non Muslim receiving my organs and abusing them with alcohol etc.

Comment

Working...
    X