Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the strongest evidence I have that Islam is the one true religion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the strongest evidence I have that Islam is the one true religion?

Assalamualaikum

I am a practicing Muslim and recently I have begun questioning to myself why I chose to be a Muslim over other religions. Truth be told I only followed Islam because I was brought up in a Muslim family and hence I never questioned.

I am not the most intelligent person and failed in education. I understand the Quran is seen as a miracle with lots of scientific, historical facts and unrivalled use of linguistic devices and is usually the main reason why most people accept Islam. However, when I question any Muslim friends, family or peer they don't really understand the science or history of the Quran and can only point to online sources mostly written by other Muslims. Now, I tried reading these online sources and I find understanding them too difficult and very hard to read for extended period of time (mostly because my mind just wonders off or gets bored no matter how hard I try). In addition to this I can easily find other sources written by people from other faiths rebutting these statements, which are equally difficult to understand; as I have stated I am not the most cleverest individual. Being incapable of understanding either sources how can I decide which is correct and which is wrong. Most articles are written by experts in their field who have possibly studied years in to these subjects, who am I with limited knowledge to say they are wrong.

Currently I simply believe articles in favour of the miracles of the Quran simply because I am a Muslim or it was written by a Muslim. I am sure the average Muslim are very similar to me and also would favour material defending the integrity of the Quran, that is because most people lack the expertise to understand complex scientific concepts or even understand Arabic (let alone the Quranic Arabic); therefore simply agree with the material that suits their belief system. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that imply that only people of knowledge can truly find the correct religion as they can filter through all the myriad of information available to conclude which is the correct path to God. However, if we look at our world we see that even amongst the greatest most knowledgeable people there are disagreement. As a consequence the average individual with the average knowledge are expected to dig through the materials written by others and try to understand and come to a conclusion on whether it is correct or not. In actual fact shouldn't the Quran have been made to be easily understandable, without the need of others assistance. How can we then blame each individual for not finding the correct path or going astray; as it is difficult to find the correct path to the correct religion when we can barely understand or verify what we believe in.¬¬†¬¬†

I understand that the Quran is supposed to¬¬† be the guide for humanity sent by god, but can we truly say that this is the best guide god could have sent to us. Most Muslims don't understand the Quran at a deeper level i.e. The context, meaning and etc. Instead we rely on Scholars who may have biased views to tell us these meanings. We know that humans can make errors and this can lead to division amongst Muslims and create extremists that hijack the religion. If the Quran was truly the best guide that God could have given us then why is it so unclear. I find it strange that the Quran fails to mention basic fundamentals of Islam such as how to perform Salat, Wudhu (ablution) or how to calculate Zakat. On this webpage a questioner raises some good points that I found interesting that relates to what I am asking.

So I guess my point is how can I determine for myself If Islam is the correct religion and the others are wrong, without understanding all these complex science, history, philosophy, Quran literature etc.

Or do I just continue to believe like a sheep with no strong foundation for my belief.

Ultimately, I am confused and unsure why I am a Muslim, I truly believe Islam is the correct religion but it would be hypocritical of me to simply believe in Islam out of gut instinct; as anyone from other faiths can use the same reason to believe in their religion. For these reasons I sometimes start to think is Islam just another religion and I am just a follower of it as a Christian is a follower of Christianity, etc. If so how do I know who is following the correct religion? Its easy to look at a material showing inaccuracies in the bible and to conclude that Christianity is false, but then disagree to an material citing inaccuracies in the Quran without even having any way to rebuttal the claims.¬¬†

I am sure many people do understand the Quran, have strong understanding of science, the History of the Quran and more. However, I ask you to remember not every Muslim possess the same Intellect and therefore may simply be following Islam ignorantly. Please answer my question with that in mind.
    Last edited by john1234; 23-11-19, 03:00 PM.

If you apply quranic laws on people of earth, by their will.
    This world becomes replica of heaven.
    قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

I really want all Muslims to come together, this is such an important issue

Often I think what is failed about the understanding of the human being is that AllahGod don't need a single one of us, that we in bondage to To Allah that is Encompassing the devil himself being an ingrate is helpless before Al-Salam The Irresistible.

We would in the most wicked of self destructions still glorify Allah By Allah's Authority over Manifestation.

So it's scary, what flows from the lips, the Quran is incomplete, you can't even figure out how to pray with it, while these same people say even a letter of the Quran holds Boundless guidance and even the Dot on Bismillah holds the entire dimension of the Quran

Both certainly can not be true

Which leads to the understanding of the inner struggle in the Muslim world.

It's sad

The science we have can be extracted with Tawheed and Quranic studies

I would be a dumb shaytawn if I did not tell you this fact, The Quran is almost like a universe inside our own, it's proofs are what we breath bleed and bare

I actually, and im not saying this is right of me at all, hate many that say the Quran needs to be updated and those that say it was never complete to begin with and those who say pieces of it were lost like chapters about stoning etc.

Don't let even a presumably pious man or thick Hadith book take you away from Allah and love for the prophet

I don't care how much they say the love his family or how Arab they dress

Start a Tawheed journal and google meaning of the Arabic Letter by people like Jafar AlSadiq and look at the Quran with the knowledge that many have it and behold nothing but dead to the words on the paper pretexting thier faith

Be like Abraham who came to Allah with a full heart
      That is the only way Prophet Muhammad Adhered when Gabriel told him to read. And Allah Showed him so much just in being True to Allah.

The Quran doesn't need defending it is clear and perserved in the Hearts of Those who Allah endowed thier actions with certainty

We need Help

Comment

http://www.miracles-of-quran.com/fluorescence.htm

Surah Nur verse 35
        Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as (if there were) a niche and within it a lamp, the lamp is in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east (i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning) nor of the west (i.e. nor it gets sun-rays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long), whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it. Light upon Light! Allah guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allah sets forth parables for mankind, and Allah is All-Knower of everything.

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Have a read of my blog post and let me know what you think john1234

http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.com/...nd-loving.html
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Surah Insan verse 2:

Verily, We have created man from Nutfah drops of mixed semen (discharge of man and woman), in order to try him, so We made him hearer, seer.

Apparently Dutch Scientist Antoni van Leeuwenhoek found in 1670 that humans came also from sperm not just eggs when this was revealed in Qur'an in the 6th century

https://web.stanford.edu/class/histo...genitalia.html
            Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 27-11-19, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Sorry but nobody has actually attempted to answer my question

Comment

The fact that Islam does not contradict the Ten Commandments, yet Christianity violates the first four or five
                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

AbuMubarak
                  I'm not here to debate if Christianity is wrong or right, I'm sure they can point out many flaws in our religion too. But what I am really interested in is the following:
                  • Scholars of every faith write why their religion is correct and why other faiths are wrong, how can I or any ordinary person determine who is telling the truth and who is wrong when we lack the knowledge. e.g. a scholar could easily have 20 years of study with many PhDs.
                  • Also I would like to address the key issues of why the Quran is so unclear as pointed out in this article: http://www.khalidzaheer.com/why-is-the-quran-vague-and-unclear/
                  These are points briefly explaining my question, but please read the main post for further detail.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by john1234 View Post
                    AbuMubarak
                    • Scholars of every faith write why their religion is correct and why other faiths are wrong, how can I or any ordinary person determine who is telling the truth and who is wrong when we lack the knowledge. e.g. a scholar could easily have 20 years of study with many PhDs.
                    • Also I would like to address the key issues of why the Quran is so unclear as pointed out in this article: http://www.khalidzaheer.com/why-is-the-quran-vague-and-unclear/
                    These are points briefly explaining my question, but please read the main post for further detail.

Thank You
                    Allah SWT guides whomsoever He wills. The best way of coming closer to Allah is not through intellectual discussion, and criticism.
                    It is through our good deeds. This applies to all human beings, regardless of their religion (if any).
                    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

@isa_muhammad Firstly, to answer this question it requires an intellectual discussion.

Secondly, I am not afraid to question my religion if it will help me learn more about it and remove doubts that I have pointed out in this post. 

Thirdly, we believe Islam is the true religion we shouldn't be afraid of questions like these, because fear will just prove that our religion has flaws.

Finally, if you cannot answer my question then please ignore this post. 

The reason this question is important to me is because I feel like I am following this religion like a sheep like many others who are born into Islamic families. From my research I can't seem to filter through the myriad of information some of which support Islam whilst others critique or promote other religions to be correct. 

Comment

Originally posted by john1234 View Post
                        Sorry but nobody has actually attempted to answer my question
                        What's the question again?

Comment

Assalamu alaykum

Islam makes the strongest claim for being the true religion of Allah (God). Perhaps without the right tools one might assume that they're all are equally persuasive. According to Islamic theology, Allah distinguished truth from falsehood [Surah Baqarah]. The non-Muslims are going to be punished for their rejection of Islam and acceptance of false religions. Although we do believe that guidance is from Allah, we also recognize our limited free-will and relationship with the Asbaab (means/design).

Not every religion claims to be from God or the absolute truth. The ones that do make Divine claims should meet a reasonable criteria:

1. Divine authorship
                          2. Preservation
                          3. Infallible
                          4. Initmitable

Islam is the only religion that meet these basic expectations. Allah is the Speaker; the revelation was remarkably presered; what Allah Speaks is infallible; and its primary miracle was its inimitablity.

You could try putting the other religions to the test and determining their qualities. The majority of scholars in every religion other than Islam wouldn't dispute the fact that their traditions do not strictly conform to this criteria. It's only in Islam where you have a scholarly concensus on the perfection of the revelation.

If a non-Muslim tries arguing against the critera, then one would need to ask why God allowed Islam to exist with these qualities if another religion is true. This would contradict God's Wisdom and Mercy, especially if those religions believe in punishment in the Hereafter. If their religions are non-Abrahamic, then it would be poor judgement to risk your eternal well-being for a worldly philosophy.

Comment

Quranic Laws are laws of heaven.
                            Quran makes earth a heaven, what bigger proof do you need?
                            قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

@AmantuBillahi Thank You for your detailed answer. I agree with you about everything you said, but I say this with ignorance as I do not truly have any knowledge to prove what you just said. I am merely agreeing with you because I want to believe Islam is the correct religion. You may have done extensive study to be able to prove this, but I guarantee you majority of the Muslim population cannot do the same. Secondly, I am 100% certain that a scholars of other religion will disagree with what you said about the 4 criteria, in fact I can assure you they will claim that all the criteria's are true for their religion and false for Islam; they will even back it up with their own evidence. Now you may have a way to rebuttal what they say since you seem to know a lot about Islam; I and most Muslims would be unable to respond. Do you see where I am coming from, you need to step away from your knowledge and step into the shoe of an everyday human who lack such niche knowledge; you will discover immediately that we just follow like sheep's to what ever the scholars say.

You may argue now that we should study and learn to rebuttal such things, but this is simply not possible; do you really expect every Muslim to be able to gain such knowledge to challenge educated scholars of other faiths and atheists (who have studied years into religion) whilst juggling our own daily life problems; especially as we all know people have different level of intellect. You may even argue that it is the job of the scholar to provide knowledge to those that don't have knowledge, but to that I say how can I agree to what you say when I can't understand everything that you say. e.g. for example a Muslim scholar will need to go into very detailed scientific concepts to explain some of the scientific miracles of the Quran. Likewise, scholars of other faiths have studied into religion for years; how can I simply dismiss his reasoning when I have basic knowledge of my own religion. Ultimately, all I am left with is to simply just agree with scholars of my own religion purely on the basis that they are Muslims.

I also want to discuss that as a Muslim I believe Muslims will be eventually admitted into paradise and non-believers will be cast into hell. But, I hesitantly say that this seems unfair if we consider that Muslims like me who did no research on Islam or other religions and simply follow all the teachings taught to me about Islam to the best of my ability will enter paradise (Inshallah), whereas a non-believer born into say a christian faith will have to encounter Islam and research extensively (to be able to rebuke his/ her own scholars) into the most prominent religions and eventually conclude Islam is the correct religion. They will have to over come pressure of their own family, juggle daily life problems and once accepting Islam follow it to their best capability. If we look at what every non-believer have to go through to enter paradise it clearly seems unfair. Likewise I have linked a page concerning the clarity of the Quran which I would also like an answer to.

@Shafii Thank you for your answer but a christian could easily say:¬¬¬†Bible Laws are laws of heaven.
                              Bible makes earth a heaven, what bigger proof do you need? so this clearly doesn't answer my question unless you are happy to explain how this statement proves Islam is the correct religion above all others.

Comment

Working...
                              X