On not praying in congregation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On not praying in congregation

Do i have to join the congregation if I'm at the masjid?
    May I pray alone instead (while congregational prayers are happening) or must I join them?
    Hate people being so close to me and having them breathe on me tbh, I'm just irritated and waiting for prayer to be over.
    Some lady told me I should be joining jamaat. 

Maybe I can pray before jamat time to avoid this issue...is that accepted...or will I still have to join jamaat when they start?

Salaam sis its nice to see you posting and here. I would like to know the answer myself too.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
      May I pray alone instead (while congregational prayers are happening) or must I join them?
      Hate people being so close to me and having them breathe on me tbh, I'm just irritated and waiting for prayer to be over.
      Some lady told me I should be joining jamaat.

Maybe I can pray before jamat time to avoid this issue...is that accepted...or will I still have to join jamaat when they start?
      I'm not sure if this only applies to the brothers, but there's an extra reward (25x) for praying in Jama'at. So, you're basically depriving yourself from the Ajr by avoiding the Jama'at.

If you want to pray alone, then why are you going to the Masjid? Just pray at home. If you're a sister, then praying at home is better than praying in the Masjid, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
        ..If you're a sister, then praying at home is better than praying in the Masjid, anyway.
        Can we say it's better?
        Perhaps we should say that it is not EMPHASISED as it is for a man.

Nobody should feel isolated, and there should be programs for women in the community.
        He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

Can we say it's better?
          Perhaps we should say that it is not EMPHASISED as it is for a man.

Nobody should feel isolated, and there should be programs for women in the community.
          The Prophet(saws) explicitly said that it's better for a woman to pray at home. Search it up.

However, I agree with you that we should have programs for women in the community. One of the major problems in the West is the community's utter neglect of the sisters. As if the Hijab is enough to protect them from the ills of Kaafir society in Akhiru Zaman.

Comment

I'm not sure if this only applies to the brothers, but there's an extra reward (25x) for praying in Jama'at. So, you're basically depriving yourself from the Ajr by avoiding the Jama'at.

If you want to pray alone, then why are you going to the Masjid? Just pray at home. If you're a sister, then praying at home is better than praying in the Masjid, anyway.
            I go after work most days ..because I need to pray, and then I stick around to read and stuff. Just don't want people breathing all over me and sticking their bodies on me, no thanks.

Does anyone know the answer? Am I allowed to basically ignore the jamat and do my own thing? or....just pray before they start (cuz the lady was telling me that you have to join jamat even if you already prayed).....or should I wait til after they finished and then pray since I dont want to pray with them?....or can I pray in another room?

Hope someone actually knows the answer, cant find anything online.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
              Salaam sis its nice to see you posting and here. I would like to know the answer myself too.
              wsalam

Comment

I go after work most days ..because I need to pray, and then I stick around to read and stuff. Just don't want people breathing all over me and sticking their bodies on me, no thanks.

Does anyone know the answer? Am I allowed to basically ignore the jamat and do my own thing? or....just pray before they start (cuz the lady was telling me that you have to join jamat even if you already prayed).....or should I wait til after they finished and then pray since I dont want to pray with them?....or can I pray in another room?

It's not Wajib to pray in Jama'at, even if you're in the Masjid

Wa Allahu A'lam.

Comment

It is better for you to pray at home. Other than there is no obligation to join the men's congregation.

Having said that, this 'phobia' you have of praying in congregation isn't healthy. Praying together is a good thing and something you should often if you're at home with other women.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

It is better for you to pray at home. Other than there is no obligation to join the men's congregation.

Having said that, this 'phobia' you have of praying in congregation isn't healthy. Praying together is a good thing and something you should often if you're at home with other women.
                    why do people keep mentioning this as if it means now I really shouldn't pray in the masjid or should reconsider? I wasn't asking about where to get most ajr. i concentrate more at the masjid and it's more convenient for me and less distracting...i'm sure many people can relate to that..you don't have to be male. women really shouldn't have to explain ourselves for praying/ worshipping in the masjid. the amount of times I've had to pray in clothes shop changing rooms with music in the background because masjids are male only...

there's nothing unhealthy about not wanting people's smelly breath in your face.

Comment

why do people keep mentioning this as if it means now I really shouldn't pray in the masjid or should reconsider? I wasn't asking about where to get most ajr. i concentrate more at the masjid and it's more convenient for me and less distracting...i'm sure many people can relate to that..you don't have to be male. women really shouldn't have to explain ourselves for praying/ worshipping in the masjid. the amount of times I've had to pray in clothes shop changing rooms with music in the background because masjids are male only...

there's nothing unhealthy about not wanting people's smelly breath in your face.
                      I guess people keep mentioning it because people generally like to remind each other about good practice.

It doesn't seem like you concentrate more at a masjid what with you hating being around people. I don't get how a place with people (who you hate being around) is less distracting than praying at home.

Not sure what point about the clothes shop is so I can't comment on that.

Comment

..The Prophet(saws) explicitly said that it's better for a woman to pray at home. Search it up..
                        I'm not arguing with you .. the prophet SAW also said that you shouldn't stop women going to the masjid :-D
                        He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Some lady told me I should be joining jamaat..
                          Yes .. I understand you quite well. I have a disablity and can appreciate your problem.

However, I remember thinking when I was younger that I would go to Hajj one day, but not now as I can't tolerate crowds.
                          One Ramadan, I came to realise that Allah SWT knows better and the same year went to Hajj.
                          Alhamdulillah .. sometimes we should do what we are obliged to do, even though we find it difficult.

Try to avoid multiple prayer times if you find it hard.

Comment

Working...
                          X