Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm suddenly having doubts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm suddenly having doubts

    Asalamu alaykom warhmato llah.
    I've been muslim since I was born and I live in an islamic country. I've never had trouble with my belief until few days ago, so my teacher of islamic eduction was explaining our new lesson ''Tawhid and it's proves'', and he said something that may be the beginning of my doubts which is that a muslim must be 100% sure that islam,allah,messengers..ect is true and if he has an atom of doubt then he is not considered a muslim. We have a one week holiday in my country, I decided to take my sallah seriously because sadly and may allah forgive me I haven't been consistent with my sallah, sometime I pray sobh and dohr and don't pray the others sometimes all of them except ichae and so on, but this holiday I've been very consistent and passed more than three days praying each prayer which I've never done before.
    I think my doubts began before yesterday which is Wednesday or on Tuesday, I happened to remember what my teacher told us about having an atom of doubt and I've began asking my self if I have any doubts, then I was like ''what if there's no god'' and I've asked my self this before in the past but it never wavered me but this time for some reason it did. At first, I thought it was just a thought and it will go away any second but sadly it didn't and every time I try to fight it back it becomes much stronger to the point I begin to cry and presenting any proof to myself doesn't work and enable to think in any manner in which my mind becomes clouded and begins to hurt. Fast forward to now , I prayed and made duae constantly to Allah and read quran so I can get rid of this doubts that doesn't seem to leave , I tried searching on the internet and watched numerous of videos.Now I'm doing much better than before but the doubts are still lurking in my mind, everytime I try to proof my self wrong that stupid question ''what if there's actually no god'' pops in my mind and brings everything down on me. I've seen a lot of posts saying it's a test from allah but I'm afraid that it isn't and I'm seriously thinking this way :(
    I'm seeking help from you my fellow muslims, please someone reassure me or give me a solution to my problem. I would love it if someone can Write me a long list about proves that show allah is real for example something that is mentioned in the quran and is in our world today so I can make my iman more powerful. Thank you and maa salama.

  • #2
    Alaykum Al- salam wa rahmatu Allah.

    This is waswasa from shaytan sister.

    Just look around you and see the miracles of Allah ( SWT)
    We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness? ( Fussialt :53)

    Read surah Al- Rahman

    try to strengthen your iman by reading the Quran and listening to lectures

    Comment


    • #3
      Ignore the whispers from the devil. Try your best.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
        Alaykum Al- salam wa rahmatu Allah.

        This is waswasa from shaytan sister.

        Just look around you and see the miracles of Allah ( SWT)
        We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness? ( Fussialt :53)

        Read surah Al- Rahman

        try to strengthen your iman by reading the Quran and listening to lectures
        Thank you a lot sister, after writing my message my mind seemed to clear up and I could feel the presence of allah again but I was left with a tiny bit of doubt which made me scared I might get into that state again. I will take by your advice and try to get to my state before all of this. Maea salama

        Comment


        • #5
          I have been through this many times. And all I can say is Alhumdulilah, Every time you beat them you comeback stronger and stronger. The best remedy in my experience is reading the Quran with translation. Every time you read the message, it resonates with the heart and clears everything pretty quickly. Don’t let these whispers trouble you too much.


          Remember even Hazrat Ibrahim asked Allah For certainty, though he believed perfectly. Read this:

          https://abdurrahman.org/2009/11/28/f...e-be-upon-him/

           

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FKY View Post
            I have been through this many times. And all I can say is Alhumdulilah, Every time you beat them you comeback stronger and stronger. The best remedy in my experience is reading the Quran with translation. Every time you read the message, it resonates with the heart and clears everything pretty quickly. Don’t let these whispers trouble you too much.


            Remember even Hazrat Ibrahim asked Allah For certainty, though he believed perfectly.¬ Read this:

            https://abdurrahman.org/2009/11/28/f...e-be-upon-him/

            ¬
            Yes I can certainly tell my iman became stronger after getting ride of the waswas, may allah my every muslim's iman stronger.

            Comment


            • #7
              How to Deal With Doubts in Islam? | Hamza Tzortsis

              Comment


              • #8
                Walaykum salam wrwb,

                Oh my you've taken your teacher way too literally. There are a few ways of proving Allah (swt) exists but what worked for me in my teens when I had questions was that I was given a book called "The road to faith" by Samih Atef El Zein. It wasn't an easy read to start with and took a while to get my head around it, but once I understood it, it was quite a solid foundation for me. Before that, I spoke to a convert brother who was like a mentor to me and I said to him that I'm not convinced by other religions and on some subconscious level, I do believe Islam is the truth, but I can't point my finger at a specific PROOF that can corroborate that so how do I go about that? that's when he lent me the book and it made things clear. Islam is not like Christianity where you're expected to "just believe" or "take a leap of faith" for the stuff that doesn't make sense such as trinity. With Islam, the existence of Allah (swt) can be proven and that the Quran is a miracle revealed by Allah can also be proven and once that proof is established, that is in itself a corroboration of the intangible and unseen matters (ie even though we haven't seen jannah or jahanum we believe they exist because proving the Quran is the miracle of Allah then proves the truth regarding what is written within it about what happens to us after death and so on).

                Don't let it weigh on your mind too much and feel free to ask on this thread if you have any further questions.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by neelu View Post
                  Walaykum salam wrwb,

                  Oh my you've taken your teacher way too literally. There are a few ways of proving Allah (swt) exists but what worked for me in my teens when I had questions was that I was given a book called "The road to faith" by Samih Atef El Zein. It wasn't an easy read to start with and took a while to get my head around it, but once I understood it, it was quite a solid foundation for me. Before that, I spoke to a convert brother who was like a mentor to me and I said to him that I'm not convinced by other religions and on some subconscious level, I do believe Islam is the truth, but I can't point my finger at a specific PROOF that can corroborate that so how do I go about that? that's when he lent me the book and it made things clear. Islam is not like Christianity where you're expected to "just believe" or "take a leap of faith" for the stuff that doesn't make sense such as trinity. With Islam, the existence of Allah (swt) can be proven and that the Quran is a miracle revealed by Allah can also be proven and once that proof is established, that is in itself a corroboration of the intangible and unseen matters (ie even though we haven't seen jannah or jahanum we believe they exist because proving the Quran is the miracle of Allah then proves the truth regarding what is written within it about what happens to us after death and so on).

                  Don't let it weigh on your mind too much and feel free to ask on this thread if you have any further questions.
                  I can almost relate to what you experienced, I had every proof to not have any doubt but they weren't working at all during those moments, thank god my head cleared up and I'm back to normal, and the support I got from the community really helped me and made me feel that I'm not alone. So thank you very much and I'll make sure to take your advice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is a good thing to have doubts, now gain advanced knowledge of islam to solve your problem.
                    قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X