Hijra Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

I believe it is better for Muslims in the West to have the intention to make Hijrah, and then strive to work towards that goal.

Everything that is happening right now, it's paving the way for Dajjal, therefore it is better to remain established in a place of Emaan, rather than in places of kufr.

I would say Scholars who speak the Truth are mostly imprisoned or killed.
    Allahu'l Musta'an.

Comment

Yasir Qadhi shares his analysis of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab Aqeedah and the transformation of his movement:

Skip to 12:25 Poster Abu Abdur_Rahman Stoic Believer @abu juaybeeb

Comment

"The differences between Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab--and their are profound differnces--of them, the most important one, is that Ibn Taymiyyah did not make Takfir of his opponents who did the same things the opponents of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab did, and (MIAW) made Takfeer" - Yasir Qadhi

21:50 Abu julaybeeb

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
          Yasir Qadhi shares his analysis of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab Aqeedah and the transformation of his movement:

Skip to 12:25 Poster Abu Abdur_Rahman Stoic Believer @abu juaybeeb
          Very interesting.

Comment

Disclaimer: I only posted the interview for what it contributes to this discussion. I certainly do not condone the theological relativism Yasir Qadhi propagates further in the video.

Comment

"The differences between Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab--and their are profound differnces--of them, the most important one, is that Ibn Taymiyyah did not make Takfir of his opponents who did the same things the opponents of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab did, and (MIAW) made Takfeer" - Yasir Qadhi

21:50 Abu julaybeeb
              Yes i saw it alhamdullilah, 

I wont deny that miaw had mistakes but the way he is portrayed as a 'neo khariji' i do not believe. Unlike madkhalis who have watered down his dawah i know it contains alot of information in regards to takfir i dont deny that. Though most of it I think is fine, him saying people who do istigatha towards the dead is shirk and making takfir due to that alhamdullilah that is good. Extinguishing of shirk, yes many ulama before said its biddah so what that doesnt mean they are right. Many of them took the stance of it being biddah due to following the same frame work as haatim al awni so of course they would differ. I do not think the sahaba interpreted tawheed the way haatim al awni does as shown by tafsir of quran by ibn abbas. Second of all see if the salaf said making duaa to other than Allah was biddah I highly doubt you will find that. Thirdly it was not just miaw that was anti istigatha and influenced by ibn taymiyaa and was making takfir on ottomans there were more. Yasir qadhi saying he made takfir on his enemies unlike ibn taymiyaa has been said in a bias manner i believe. As i said others takfirred the ottomans aswell. The issue is people do not look into these things. I do not know much about the history of that time period but one brother showed me some brief info in regards to the following -

The da'wah of Qadhi Zaadah ar-Rumi who warned against the shirk of grave worship and sufiyyah turuq in the ottoman empire. May Allah reward him and his jama'ah and those who followed him in this rejection of bida'

Passed away around 400 years ago, Died 1045AH.

From the 1630s to the 1680s the Kadızadeli movement dominated the political scene in the Ottoman capital of Istanbul, the latter part of this period coinciding with the Ottomans’ greatest expansion of their land empire. Based on the teachings of Birgivi, and with clear influences from Ibn Taymiyya, the Kadızadeli movement worked to eradicate religious innovations, sometimes through the use of force. However, the Ottoman defeat at Vienna in 1683 marked the political downfall of the Kadızadelis in Istanbul and elsewhere in Ottoman lands. Yet within 60 years the movement of Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhāb emerged in Najd with striking similarities. Both movements voiced strictures against religious innovations, particularly regarding seeking the intercession of the dead at grave sites, for which they accused their opponents of unbelief (kufr), and both were willing to use force if necessary to establish their opinions. This paper traces the historical and scholarly links between these two important movements, and includes a detailed examination of the scholarly credentials of Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhāb. This fuller contextualization should enable a clearer understanding of the religious climate in which Muḥammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhāb started his movement.

Qaadhi Zaadah's book-
              الدعوة الإصلاحية

Comment

Let's try not to speak ill of the Du'at unless it's with a purpose and in an academic fashion. They sacrificed far more than our lazy selves ever have; for better, or for worse.

Agreed, but the invidual you defend also speaks ill of others.

Comment

May Allah bless the Ottoman caliphate. Attacking Ottoman trade caravans is not khurooj?

Ibn Bishr said while speaking about the incidents of the year 1220 AH:

وفي هذه السنة اشتد الغلاء والقحط على الناس ... وأما مكة فالأمر فيها أعظم مما ذكرنا بسبب الحرب والحصار وقطع الميرة والسابلة , وذلك حيث انتقض الصلح بين غالب وبين سعود , فسدّت الطرق كلّها عن مكة من جهة اليمن وتهامة والحجاز ونجد , لأنهم كلهم رعية سعود وتحت أمره , فثبت عندنا وتواتر أن كيلة الأرز والحب بلغت في مكة ستة أريل , وكيلتهم أنقص من صاع نجد , وبيع فيها لحوم الحمير والجيف بيعت فيها بأغلى الأثمان ، وأكلت الكلاب ، وبلغ رطل الدهن ريالين , ومات خلق كثير منهم جوعاً

Source: 'Unwan al-Majd 1/284-258

It's mentioned that there was a drought in that year. What did the Wahhabiyyah do in this situation against the people of Makkah?
                  They made an embargo against them so that nothing could enter the city from the direction of Yemen, Tihamah, Hijaz and Najd (because all of these regions were already under Wahhabi occupation), which made the situation in Makkah even more serious. The people had even started eating the meat of dogs and Ibn Bishr says that many people [in Makkah] died from hunger.

source:
                  https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/li...kfir-than-isis post 15

Comment

Originally posted by Logic View Post

Agreed, but the invidual you defend also speaks ill of others.
                    I'm fully aware of that. But this doesn't mean that we should stoop down to their level of ineffective discourse and pettiness.

I'm confident enough in my religion to quote someone I differ with on matters we share agreements. My Imaan neither increases nor decreases by doing so. If it has an effect on you or anyone else, then I recommend staying off the internet and secluding yourself in the Masjid until death overtakes you.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

I'm fully aware of that. But this doesn't mean that we should stoop down to their level of ineffective discourse and pettiness.

I'm confident enough in my religion to quote someone I differ with on matters we share agreements. My Imaan neither increases nor decreases by doing so. If it has an effect on you or anyone else, then I recommend staying off the internet and secluding yourself in the Masjid until death overtakes you.
                      This has nothing to do with confidence in religion, more with associating someone who you agree with, but I didn't have ill intentions towards you brother. My comment was a combination of truth and laughter[that's why I put the star wars emoticon :D ]

Comment

• Originally posted by Logic View Post

This has nothing to do with confidence in religion, more with associating someone who you agree with, but I didn't have ill intentions towards you brother. My comment was a combination of truth and laughter[that's why I put the star wars emoticon :D ]
                        I know you weren't serious. I just hate this weak mentality that many of the Muslims share. Everything needs to be repeated and explained with a caveat or else they'll go astray.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

I know you weren't serious. I just hate this weak mentality many that many Muslims share. Everything needs to be repeated and explained with a caveat or else they'll go astray.
                          Agreed bro :D

Comment

• Bro Hajji exposes Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab:

Comment

• "And you can quite clearly see that Ibn Taymiyyah was not upon what Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab was upon; we can quite clearly see that, in terms of Takfir" - Bro Hajji

06:00

Comment

• It's really nice seeing Athari Du'at publically distancing themselves from Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab. This is a huge step forward for the intellectual progress of the English Muslim community.

May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala cause this Da'wah to become prominent.

Comment

Working...
                                X