Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shafii View Post
    i'm also working on hijrah to saudi , work there
    What field of work are you trying to get into? How long do you plan on staying there?

May Allah make it easy for you.

Comment

• I'm not an avid listener of Imran Hossein, but here's a tidbit from one of his recent lectures:

"..You cannot change the Divine punishment; this ship is sinking. So I would make Hijra. I'll take my children out; I'l take my wife out. But the ones who will refuse to go once they come here are the wife and children.. They don't want to go. 'Papa you go--we're staying here'."

Comment

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
        I'm not an avid listener of Imran Hossein, but here's a tidbit from one of his recent lectures:

"..You cannot change the Divine punishment; this ship is sinking. So I would make Hijra. I'll take my children out; I'l take my wife out. But the ones who will refuse to go once they come here are the wife and children.. They don't want to go. 'Papa you go--we're staying here'."

Not following here. He said he'd take his wife and kids, but also that they'd refuse to go?

Comment

What field of work are you trying to get into? How long do you plan on staying there?

May Allah make it easy for you.
          Medical Field, I have few years more to complete then Insha Allah will move.

قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Not following here. He said he'd take his wife and kids, but also that they'd refuse to go?
            He was pointing out how women and children are common roadblocks for making Hijra. Most people aren't ready to sacrifice the freedoms and luxuries of the West for the sake of their religion.

01:30 of the lecture.
            Last edited by AmantuBillahi; 24-11-19, 05:42 PM.

Comment

He was pointing out how women and children are common roadblocks for making Hijra. Most people aren't ready to sacrifice the freedoms and luxuries of the West for the sake of their religion.

01:30 of the lecture.
              I see his point and I used to criticise people who said they couldn't take their children back home until it happened to me. Many Arab/Asian countries have poor infrastructure and higher levels of poverty, meaning that unless you are wealthy then you might be living in very poor conditions; rubbish everywhere, sewage running down streets, cockroaches everywhere. I spent one night in a government hospital in Jordan and still have nightmares about it. For me it isn't about luxury, it's about basic standards of cleanliness, good manners (people in harsher environments are often de facto harsher). I remember my eldest child coming home from school and telling me kuffar are so much cleaner than Muslims. I'm actually quite ashamed of some of the things that I put my children through, I wouldn't do it again as we did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post
                ..For me it isn't about luxury, it's about basic standards of cleanliness, good manners (people in harsher environments are often de facto harsher)..
                I couldn't agree with you more!

Comment

I see his point and I used to criticise people who said they couldn't take their children back home until it happened to me. Many Arab/Asian countries have poor infrastructure and higher levels of poverty, meaning that unless you are wealthy then you might be living in very poor conditions; rubbish everywhere, sewage running down streets, cockroaches everywhere. I spent one night in a government hospital in Jordan and still have nightmares about it. For me it isn't about luxury, it's about basic standards of cleanliness, good manners (people in harsher environments are often de facto harsher). I remember my eldest child coming home from school and telling me kuffar are so much cleaner than Muslims. I'm actually quite ashamed of some of the things that I put my children through, I wouldn't do it again as we did it.
                  I guess it largely comes down to your family situation and the intention behind your Hijra. If Allah allows me to relocate, it would be for the purpose of escaping Dar al-Kufr and preserving my religion. It would contradict my intention of making Hijra to return back home unless I literally couldn't make it out there.

I would consider the examples you mentioned as Western luxuries. The key point of making Hijra should be for the sake of preserving your Imaan. Most things can be tolerated as long as you have a warm bed to sleep and food to eat.

Comment

..The key point of making Hijra should be for the sake of preserving your Imaan..
                    Yes .. and your sanity!

Comment

I guess it largely comes down to your family situation and the intention behind your Hijra. If Allah allows me to relocate, it would be for the purpose of escaping Dar al-Kufr and preserving my religion. It would contradict my intention of making Hijra to return back home unless I literally couldn't make it out there.

I would consider the examples you mentioned as Western luxuries. The key point of making Hijra should be for the sake of preserving your Imaan. Most things can be tolerated as long as you have a warm bed to sleep and food to eat.

Basic cleanliness is not a Western luxury, son.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Basic cleanliness is not a Western luxury, son.
                        In modern times it kind of might be. Muslims generally follow a lower standard of mannerisms and basic etiquettes. It's not surprising to hear someone burp outloud, shake your hands with food grease all over theirs, share the same cups, clean utensils improperly, etc. However none of this would justify returning back to the West after making Hijra.

Comment

In modern times it kind of might be. Muslims generally follow a lower standard of mannerisms and basic etiquettes. It's not surprising to hear someone burp outloud, shake your hands with food grease all over theirs, share the same cups, clean utensils improperly, etc. However none of this would justify returning back to the West after making Hijra.
                          These are matters of etiquette, not cleanliness. I mean open sewers, children not being able to go to the toilet in school due to excrement all over the floor, blood and bodily fluids one inch deep in the hospital toilet floor.

Comment

These are matters of etiquette, not cleanliness. I mean open sewers, children not being able to go to the toilet in school due to excrement all over the floor, blood and bodily fluids one inch deep in the hospital toilet floor.
                            That's disgusting. But I'd like to imagine that most places aren't this bad. You could just relocate to another area somewhere in the Muslim world. Perhaps one should consider living in a religious city. I'm sure the areas where scholars are known to reside aren't as filthy.

Comment

That's disgusting. But I'd like to imagine that most places aren't this bad. You could just relocate to another area somewhere in the Muslim world. Perhaps one should consider living in a religious city. I'm sure the areas where scholars are known to reside aren't as filthy.
                              The irony is that we located in this place as it is religious. Famous for Quran schools, masaajid on every corner, the most hufaadh produced per town. What I didn't realise is that there is often a correlation between religious places and poverty, ergo less sanitary living conditions. The paradox of these outwardly very religious people creating/adding to this filth really affected my imaan. There was very much a "I'm alright Jack". attitude, people would wax lyrical to me about how dirty kuffar were and then throw a dirty nappy out of the window. They spent hours every day cleaning their homes but throw rubbish into their neighbour 's door way. Of course there are better areas, but with a big family you need money to pay for schooling, medical care, better housing. Next time I will be much more middle way about my choice of living.

Comment

The irony is that we located in this place as it is religious. Famous for Quran schools, masaajid on every corner, the most hufaadh produced per town. What I didn't realise is that there is often a correlation between religious places and poverty, ergo less sanitary living conditions. The paradox of these outwardly very religious people creating/adding to this filth really affected my imaan. There was very much a "I'm alright Jack". attitude, people would wax lyrical to me about how dirty kuffar were and then throw a dirty nappy out of the window. They spent hours every day cleaning their homes but throw rubbish into their neighbour 's door way. Of course there are better areas, but with a big family you need money to pay for schooling, medical care, better housing. Next time I will be much more middle way about my choice of living.
                                Allahu'l Musta'an.

What do your kids think about moving back to a Muslim country? Wouldn't they prefer to remain here? How do you convince them that the East is better than the West?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X