Sunnah prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunnah prayers

hi I need some clarification on Sunnah prayers. When are they supposed to be performed, and how many Rakats in each? Some things Iíve read say that Asr has four before it, some sources say none. Iím confused. Some say none before Isha and none before Maghrib, some have Sunnah listed for these prayers too. So could someone straighten this out for me?

Originally posted by TK1 View Post
    hi I need some clarification on Sunnah prayers. When are they supposed to be performed, and how many Rakats in each? Some things Iíve read say that Asr has four before it, some sources say none. Iím confused. Some say none before Isha and none before Maghrib, some have Sunnah listed for these prayers too. So could someone straighten this out for me?
    There is a difference between the regular Sunnah prayers (ar-rawatib), those which the Prophet (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) did most (except when he was traveling) and those he would pray on occasion or recommended others to pray (such as the four before 'Asr).

You can use this site to answer most if not all of your questions, in sha Allah:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1048...-fardh-prayers

Comment

As-Salaam alaikum,
      Further to above, I wish to add that there are 8 Sunnah Prayers among which 5 as follows:--

(1) 2 Raka'at Sunnah before Fajr Prayer. The Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said: Two Raka'at of Sunnah prayer before Fajr is better than the world and what is in it.

(2) 6 Raka'at of Sunnah Prayers of Zuhr:-- 4 before it and 2 after Zuhr Prayer.

(3) 4 Raka'at before Asr. The Prophet said: O Allah, have Mercy on the man who prays 4 Raka'at before Asr.

(4) 2 Raka'at after Maghrib

(5) 4 Raka'at after Isha.

In addition to these, there is also the Sunnah of the Witr Prayer...Sayyada A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: The Prophet used to pray 3 Raka'at of Witr after Isha.

SOURCE: 'IHYA ULUMIDDIN- Vol. 1 by
      Imam Abu Hamid Ghazali, Translated by
      Maulana Fazlul Karim.

Comment

Thanks Iíll try to be better at praying these prayers.

Comment

Working...
        X