Memorize Holy Quran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorize Holy Quran

hi Iíve just started to try and memorize the whole Quran. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do it? I seem to be stuck on the first page of Al Baqara. Any idea how to really memorize fast and accurately the entire Quran? Please let me know if some of you have actually memorized the whole thing and how you did it. Thanks

I believe it is much better if everyone develops their own method through trial and error. My own method that I developed over the years:
    1- Read the verse to be memorized along with the translation
    2- Get it in your memory temporarily. You have to be able to recite it from memory correctly. Doesn't have to be fluent or without stuttering, just have to be able to complete it without mistake.
    3- Once you can recite it without looking, start repeating the verse and start counting.
    4- Repeat the verse from memory 30 times
    5- Start from the first of the Surah and recite from memory until you reach the verse you last memorized.
    6- Don't be lazy. Do all the steps properly and completely.

Important habits:
    1- Do step 5 everyday before starting memorization.
    2- Don't fall slack. Everyday means everyday, follow it like an obligation.
    3- Start slow. 3 lines a day is sufficient for a beginner.
    ​​​​​
    I hope it helps, insha Allah.
    ​​​​​​

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Thanks, Iíll give your method a try, I also listen to a reciter ( al Afasy) and try to imitate. Have you memorized the entire Quran? How long did it take?

Comment

Originally posted by TK1 View Post
        Thanks, Iíll give your method a try, I also listen to a reciter ( al Afasy) and try to imitate. Have you memorized the entire Quran? How long did it take?
        I haven't completed the memorization yet.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...fz-experiences

This thread has some good information brother.

Comment

I just read it then read it without looking then read it again until i feel ive memorised it

i also walk outside and memorise that helps me

Comment

1- listen and keep your eyes on the ayat. You should do both together. Listening only won't help 
              2- keep playing the same ayah over and over until you feel you memorized it  
              3- try to say it without looking. If it worked move to the next ayah and do the same. 
              4- then try to say the 2 ayat without looking then move to the third. 
              keep going like this. It takes a lot of time but believe me it will stuck in your head 

Comment

Salaam,

I've started memorising Surah Ya'Seen (Alhamdulillah), and the method I use is to recite the parts you want to memorise 7 times (minimum), so that you are familiar with all the words and it also helps to listen to reciters (so you can recite fluidly with tajweed).
                Another tip is to try and recite what you have memorised whilst praying namaaz.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you've mentioned that you have just started memorising (?), so maybe start off with Juz 30 which has smaller surahs and work your way up as Surah Baqarah is very large.

Another thing is to keep coming back to what you have learnt. Keep a set day of the week (e.g. Sunday) where you recite a large portion of Quran that you have previously memorised and only go forward with new memorization if the old lesson is perfected.

Here is the advice that Waki gave to Imam Shafee when he complained of his weak memory:
                [I complained to Waki' regarding my weak memory,
                So he advised me to refrain from sin,
                Because knowledge is Noor (light) from Allah,
                And the Noor of Allah is not bestowed upon sinners.]

​​​​​​
                I hope this helps.
                May Allah make memorising the Quran less difficult and also help you easily store these beautiful holy words in your heart forever. Aameen.

Jazak Allah
                الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Maybe this will help you.
                  • Read the verse you want to memorize.
                  • Recite the ayah some times while looking at the Quran.
                  • Recite the ayah five times from memory.
                  • Move on to the next ayah and follow the same steps outlined above.
                  • Recite the first and second ayahs together from memory.
                  • Continue memorizing the rest of the ayahs you want to memorize using the above procedure.
                  • Repeat the ayahs you have memorized three times.

BTW, I'm not an expert in teaching, I got these points from internet, so I share it. You should take guidelines from authentic personals.
                  Working as Product Owner & Digital Marketer

Comment

Working...
                  X