Memorize Holy Quran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorize Holy Quran

hi I’ve just started to try and memorize the whole Quran. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do it? I seem to be stuck on the first page of Al Baqara. Any idea how to really memorize fast and accurately the entire Quran? Please let me know if some of you have actually memorized the whole thing and how you did it. Thanks

I believe it is much better if everyone develops their own method through trial and error. My own method that I developed over the years:
    1- Read the verse to be memorized along with the translation
    2- Get it in your memory temporarily. You have to be able to recite it from memory correctly. Doesn't have to be fluent or without stuttering, just have to be able to complete it without mistake.
    3- Once you can recite it without looking, start repeating the verse and start counting.
    4- Repeat the verse from memory 30 times
    5- Start from the first of the Surah and recite from memory until you reach the verse you last memorized.
    6- Don't be lazy. Do all the steps properly and completely.

Important habits:
    1- Do step 5 everyday before starting memorization.
    2- Don't fall slack. Everyday means everyday, follow it like an obligation.
    3- Start slow. 3 lines a day is sufficient for a beginner.
    ​​​​​
    I hope it helps, insha Allah.
    ​​​​​​

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Thanks, I’ll give your method a try, I also listen to a reciter ( al Afasy) and try to imitate. Have you memorized the entire Quran? How long did it take?

Comment

Originally posted by TK1 View Post
        Thanks, I’ll give your method a try, I also listen to a reciter ( al Afasy) and try to imitate. Have you memorized the entire Quran? How long did it take?
        I haven't completed the memorization yet.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Working...
        X