Learning tajwid from "deviants"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning tajwid from "deviants"

A claimant has suggested that it is not an obligation to learn tajwīd, hence it is not permissible to learn tajwīd from deviant Ṣūfīs and innovators.

Firstly, studying tajwīd within some limitations is a personal obligation upon every person who wishes to recite the Quran. Every Muslim who wishes to recite the Quran must learn tajwīd to the extent that prevents him from misreading words or changing meanings. Beyond this extent, it is considered a communal obligation by the consensus of the Islamic scholars. Al-Mullā ʿAlī al-Qārī wrote, ❝All rules which are required in order to not change the meanings or the words must necessarily be followed.❞

Secondly, it depends on what one means by deviations and innovators. If one feels that Ashʿarīs and Sunni Ṣūfīs are deviants, then it is hard to imagine being ever able to learn tajwīd or qirāʾāt at all as the two most important reporters of qiraʾāt, who form the two main schools of tajwīd and qirāʿāt and to whom all reciters of our time result, were both known Ashʿarīs. The two being al-Shāṭibī (r) and Ibn al-Jazarī (r).

Abū Muḥammad al-Shāṭibī mentioned the seven attributes, as canonized in Ashʿarī creed, in ʿAqilah Atrāb al-Qaṣāʾid and Nādhimat al-Zuhr. As for Ibn al-Jazarī, in addition to being Ashʿarī, he was a known Ṣūfī who had been dressed by his teachers with the Ṣūfī cloth (al-Khirqah), as he himself gladly recorded, which he refers to as “the blessed cloth”. [See: Manāqib al-Asad al-Ghālib] Furthermore, he even authored his own book on the mawlid in which he writes all the staple points that are written in mawlid literature. In fact, he mentioned in that very book that he sought barakah (tabarruk) from the birthplace of the Prophet ﷺ at more than one occasion and found great benefit in it! [See: ʿArf al-Taʿrīf Bi al-Mawlid al-Sharīf]

Therefore, if Sunni Taṣawwuf and Ashʿarism are deviances to you and learning from tajwīd teachers who have either is impermissible to you, you will have to forgo the science of tajwīd all together as you will either be learning directly from who you perceive to be a “deviant” or someone who sinfully learned for a deviant, and so forth. In all cases, you will at least be using books of “deviants”, or books which were written based on the books of “deviants”. However, if you believe that Sunni Taṣawwuf and Ashʿarism are not deviances, which is the correct view, then you should proceed forth in learning tajwīd from any qualified teacher to fulfill your obligation when reciting the Quran.

Taken from Ustadh Abdul Wahab Saleem's Facebook post.
    https://www.facebook.com/10000286591...6695409769304/
    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Usually when they say sufi they dont mean tassawuf its more to do with the shirk and extreme biddah

like duaa to peer sab and dancing in a circle

Comment

Your people are not Ahlus Sunnah. Deal with it.

Comment

From where should we study tajweed then????Â*

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          Agree
          What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
            I don't think you know much about imam al jazari and al shatibi that you dare implying that they're not ahlus sunnah but ok whatever.
            I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post
              From where should we study tajweed then????Â*
              Read the last paragraph please

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post

I don't think you know much about imam al jazari and al shatibi that you dare implying that they're not ahlus sunnah but ok whatever.
                Ahlus Sunnah is what the Prophet ﷺ and his companions were upon, which is not the Ashari aqeedah.

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post

Read the last paragraph please
                  Ah ok sorry.
                  i studied imam al jazzari mutoon but i had no idea about his aqeedah. Does his aqeedah affect his way in reciting quran? I think no !

Comment

Working...
                  X