Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How have your dawah experiences been?

Assalamu alaikum my respected brothers and sisters in Islam,

Recently, I've been trying to give more dawah to non-muslims and those who have left Islam. I find a lot of the times they say derogatory things about Allah, the Messenger alaihi salatu wa salaam and the Quran. Sometimes they will make fun of my niqab as well and the fact that I have what they say "no rights under Islam" because I'm a woman. It doesn't bother me when they say rude things to me, but I feel very hurt when they insult what is most dear to us as Muslims. I know that I can easily stop giving dawah to those who are rude but I feel like Prophet Muhammad alaihi salatu wa salaam and his companions never gave up and they had to deal with much worse, even physical attacks which alhamdullilah i never dealt with. So my questions are:

1. How have your overall dawah experiences been? Have they been more positive or negative? Fruitful or just incessant bickering?

2. Have you converted anyone? If so, what was your approach in giving dawah during the times you were successful?

3. When they insult Islam or the messenger what should we say to defend our deen but also maintain good conduct? Usually i just keep saying "All praise is to Allah" over and over until they stop. But i would like to hear if anyone has any other approach. :)

May Allah reward you all with goodness and grant you aafiyah.

P.S. i would also like to mention for the brothers that say a woman shouldn't be giving dawah, i give dawah to other women, and if a man comes to me I will not turn him away, but I do not approach any men on my own.

I've tried to give dawah to my parents but they mock islam and they dont listen, after 5 years my dad was supprised i believe in Jesus a.s. as if i never mentioned it before.

when im in the same room they have conversations about how islam has no respect for woman at all as if I'm not even there. I stopped responding to it, i dont like giving dawah, it raises my cortisol level and its bad for my health lol
    Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post
      I've tried to give dawah to my parents but they mock islam and they dont listen, after 5 years my dad was supprised i believe in Jesus a.s. as if i never mentioned it before.

when im in the same room they have conversations about how islam has no respect for woman at all as if I'm not even there. I stopped responding to it, i dont like giving dawah, it raises my cortisol level and its bad for my health lol
      Yeah unfortunately, people only want to hear what they want to hear and ridicule what they don't understand.... but alhamdullilah that you tried for so long, may Allah Ta'ala reward you immensely for that :) Are you a revert? It is sad to see how many people have a negative image of women under Islam, always thinking we are oppressed and feeble lol. I actually think the opposite is true, that in non-muslim countries people have no respect for women and don't regard them as anything more than dolls. There only nice to them because they want something from them... but the women are deluded into thinking that they have rights... it's strange. whereas islam gives us value and purpose and morals.... this makes people even more irate because they want your sole existence to be a slave to their desires. But alhamdullilah, being a slave to Allah is much more fulfilling. Dawah can be a difficult job and it requires a lot, a lot, a lot of sabr. I'm usually exhausted by the end and want to take a nap, lol. But since we're doing it for the sake of Allah, even if I'm not successful, I feel happy that Allah is happy that I tried. It's like how Ibn Al Qayyim said it, if only the non-muslims knew of what peace and tranquility we have in our hearts, they would fight us with their swords and daggers to get it.

Comment

Yeah youre right, no one respects woman as much as in islam. I dont need to worry about my makeup, hair or clothes and what strangers will think. Allah protected me from that and safeguarded me with a hijab. I feel honoured to wear it and safe, i dont need to worry about what people think about me...

yes i am a revert Alhamdulillah

Comment

not good, because I didn't understand the purpose of dawah. Its not about convincing anyone or outdoing them. Its all about un-clouding their fitrah, so they can start to see things clearer and grasp Tawheed. Allah is the only one that guides.
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
            not good, because I didn't understand the purpose of dawah. Its not about convincing anyone or outdoing them. Its all about un-clouding their fitrah, so they can start to see things clearer and grasp Tawheed. Allah is the only one that guides.
            You're absolutely right that only Allah Ta'ala can guide people and the purpose of dawah is only to spread the message of Islam and answer the misconceptions so that the truth can be clear onto them. It is not to bicker or force anyone but in shaa Allah we are still rewarded even if we are not successful. :) Most people have lost their true fitrah due to the corruption of the society, so it can be difficult reasoning with people who's hearts have been poisoned but Allah guides whom he wills and leads astray whom he wills. Thank you for sharing your experience :)

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Hamasa View Post

You're absolutely right that only Allah Ta'ala can guide people and the purpose of dawah is only to spread the message of Islam and answer the misconceptions so that the truth can be clear onto them. It is not to bicker or force anyone but in shaa Allah we are still rewarded even if we are not successful. :) Most people have lost their true fitrah due to the corruption of the society, so it can be difficult reasoning with people who's hearts have been poisoned but Allah guides whom he wills and leads astray whom he wills. Thank you for sharing your experience :)
              its not always about reasoning or answering questions. I would say vast majority of the time it isnt. Most times its personal matters of the heart that prevents a person to give in their fitrah.

Logic never overcomes desires/heart. Reasoning is usually a crutch, and they will play mental gymnastics to validate whatever is in the heart.
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post

its not always about reasoning or answering questions. I would say vast majority of the time it isnt. Most times its personal matters of the heart that prevents a person to give in their fitrah.

Logic never overcomes desires/heart. Reasoning is usually a crutch, and they will play mental gymnastics to validate whatever is in the heart.
                The purpose of dawah is to spread the message of Islam, not to necessarily convert people although that is a positive outcome. How you go about this depends on the individual you are speaking to but a lot of the times from my experiences they have misconceptions that are important to clear up so they don't start spreading their perverted notions to others, even if they don't accept the deen. Like you mentioned before, people don't guide people. Allah Ta'ala guides people. Allah Ta'ala is the turner of hearts, but to deliver the message of Islam (Tawheed) and clear their misconceptions/answer their questions is our job. That is dawah. Dawah is not to turn people's hearts, or force them into accepting Islam as we are not capable of such a thing and therefore we should not bear the burden or expect this. Rather we should remain positive despite our failures and continue spreading the message of Islam to earn the pleasure of Allah Ta'ala like our Nabi sallallahu alaihi wa salaam and his noble companions did. :)

Comment

I recently attended a Dawah presentation in London by IERA. It was quite good and eye-opening. The presentation clarified many things about Dawah and taught me things that I didn't know. Look up the organization, they hold monthly workshops (free to attend) at their organization, I'm sure you could benefit from what they have to share.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaahM View Post
                    I recently attended a Dawah presentation in London by IERA. It was quite good and eye-opening. The presentation clarified many things about Dawah and taught me things that I didn't know. Look up the organization, they hold monthly workshops (free to attend) at their organization, I'm sure you could benefit from what they have to share.
                    Thank you dear :) Unfortunately, I don't live in London, I live in the usa, but I appreciate the suggestion :) I will try to see if there are any dawah workshops near where I live. May Allah reward you.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Hamasa View Post

Thank you dear :) Unfortunately, I don't live in London, I live in the usa, but I appreciate the suggestion :) I will try to see if there are any dawah workshops near where I live. May Allah reward you.
                      Maybe you can find some good information on their website? I'll look it up later and link it here when I get some time.

Are you engaged with any formal dawah process? Or just on a personal basis?

Comment

Originally posted by IsaahM View Post

Maybe you can find some good information on their website? I'll look it up later and link it here when I get some time.

Are you engaged with any formal dawah process? Or just on a personal basis?
                        Jazakallahu khairan :) its not formal, sometimes I will give dawah with other students of knowledge and sometimes I will give it on my own.

Comment

Does anyone on this forum in engage in Dawah ?
                          "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

I would love to know your story sister. Who did you embrace islam while your parents are christians?

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

I would love to know your story sister. Who did you embrace islam while your parents are christians?
                              I dont mean to be inpersonal but since its a long story i will give you the link to the thread where i once wrote it out :), im aynina btw the op, if you have more questions plz ask

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/ge...t-christianity

Comment

Working...
                              X