X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Interpetation

In the name of Allah, the Preserver, the Watchful

Asalamualaykum Wa Rahmatullah,
    Does anyone have any good links from the ulema about dream interpeation? Or a good ebook or sometihng? I had a book by Bilal Phillips but someone borrowed it and I dont have a clue where it is now..

Just like whats good to see in a dream and whats not and what certain things mean, mithlu hadha.
    http:/www.alghurabaa.org
    Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Re: Dream Interpetation

i have the book by bilal philips its doesnt really tell u anything about what dreams may mean really, i think it only really gives the message that good dreams are from Allah and bad dreams are from shaytan

i aint read it in years :embar: i dont think it was very interesting
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
      i have the book by bilal philips its doesnt really tell u anything about what dreams may mean really, i think it only really gives the message that good dreams are from Allah and bad dreams are from shaytan

i aint read it in years :embar: i dont think it was very interesting
      From what I remember of it, it had some sort of glossary of terms of what certain stuff means like

after fajr dream = good
      green = jannah
      and erm thats all I remember.

Is there any other books then anyone can recommend?
      Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Book by Allama Ibn Sareen, buy that.

http://www.al-rashad.com/Dreams-and-Interpretations/

Free Books

Comment

Originally posted by khanbaba View Post
          Book by Allama Ibn Sareen, buy that.

http://www.al-rashad.com/Dreams-and-Interpretations/
          Jazak'Allah hu khair for the link, but right now, I cant buy anything..unless I want it to arrive 6 years later. Do you have a link to a ebook? I kinda need access to material right now if possible insha'Allah.

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Found something...

=========

"Dreams, as we can safely infer from the Islamic sources, are of three types:

The first of these is termed mubashshiraat, which are sound dreams that are indicative of glad tidings. They result from angelic inspirations or suggestions cast by Allah in our consciousness. Referring to such dreams, the Prophet (peace be on him) said: “Nothing of the prophecy remains now (i.e. after his own call to prophethood) except sound visions, which are bestowed on a righteous believer, and it constitutes one thirtieth of prophecy.”

This type of dream can include premonitions or intimations of things that might happen in the future. For instance, a believer may experience a vision about his own imminent death, or some future events to occur, or receive some confirmation of his spiritual states, or even reminders/admonitions about his omissions or commissions. These may include visions of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) or other prophets and communications with them, or visions of symbols of Islam such as the Ka`bah or the Prophet’s mosque, etc.

A second type of dream is the result of Satanic whisperings or inspirations. Satan, the avowed enemy of man, is ever-present with us and he sees us in ways that we do not see him. Unless we take proper safeguards against him and such inspirations, he may trap us in his nets. He inspires in us all kinds of thoughts and suggestions, both in conscious and unconscious states. A person may be predisposed to such Satanic visions and inspirations if he is constantly exposed to sights, sounds and thoughts that are obscene or filthy.

A third type of dream can be termed as ‘idle dreams’, and they are due to the impact of unpalatable foods, or the over-exercise of one’s imaginations, or experiences in life which might also be reflected in one’s dreams.

A person experiencing a good vision is encouraged to share it with others—especially with those who are trustworthy and God-fearing; but if he/she experiences a bad dream, he/she is advised against disclosing it to anyone. In the latter case, immediately after experiencing such a dream, he/she is recommended to change the sleeping position, and seek refuge and protection in Allah by saying the following supplication:

"Bismillahi alladhi laa yadurru ma` ismihi shay’un fi al-ardi wa laa fi as-samaa’i wahuwa as-sami`ul `alim (In the name of Allah; with His name nothing whatsoever on earth or heaven can do any harm; He is the all-Hearing, and the all-Knowing)."

Referring to this, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Thus he/she will be spared of any possible harm.”

While the first type of dream (i.e. mubashshiraat) is what every believer should seek and strive for, he/she must surely guard against the second type of dream.

The surest way to block Satanic inspirations and whisperings is by taking refuge in Allah and through cultivating the habit of consistency in dhikr, right thinking, right living and right conduct. It is, therefore, highly recommended to go to bed in a state of purity, after having recited portions of the Qur’an (such as surahs al-Fatihah, al-Ikhlaas, al-Falaq and al-Nas as well as Aayat al-Kursi), and to immerse oneself in dhikr and salah (i.e. saying blessings and sending salutations) on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) before one lapses into a state of sound sleep."

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Please accept my naseeha. The internet is not the correct placeto look forinterpretations of dreams,whether general or specific. One thing in a dream can mean something opposite in another dream. The art of interpretation of dreams is a very serious matter and Rasulullah himself and the sahabah would not give an answer unneccessarily, as in all matters.

My naseeha to you, in the name of Allahu subhanahu wa ta'ala, is to only seek answers from a well known,widely trustable sheikh who has spent much time studying in this field.

BarakAllahu fikum.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Siddiqi View Post
                As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

Please accept my naseeha. The internet is not the correct placeto look forinterpretations of dreams,whether general or specific. One thing in a dream can mean something opposite in another dream. The art of interpretation of dreams is a very serious matter and Rasulullah himself and the sahabah would not give an answer unneccessarily, as in all matters.

My naseeha to you, in the name of Allahu subhanahu wa ta'ala, is to only seek answers from a well known,widely trustable sheikh who has spent much time studying in this field.

BarakAllahu fikum.
                Jazak'Allah hu khair akhee fopr the naseeha, I wasnt looking for an exact interpetation as such, I am going to go to a scholar for that insha'Allah. I was looking for general research on dreams and if anyone had a book about dreams in general.

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

My brother - just by having a dream interpretation book doesnt mean that a person can interpret his own dream.

The book of Allamah Ibn Sirin rahimahullah mentions in the beginning that only certain people who are dream-interpreters (Mu'abbirreeen) can translate dreams - his book was only for reference.
                  Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                    My brother - just by having a dream interpretation book doesnt mean that a person can interpret his own dream.

The book of Allamah Ibn Sirin rahimahullah mentions in the beginning that only certain people who are dream-interpreters (Mu'abbirreeen) can translate dreams - his book was only for reference.
                    Post above yours.

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
                    Jazak'Allah hu khair akhee fopr the naseeha, I wasnt looking for an exact interpetation as such, I am going to go to a scholar for that insha'Allah. I was looking for general research on dreams and if anyone had a book about dreams in general.

Anyways alhamdulilah found out what I wanted. Plus IslamQA says that book by ibn sirin RH was not neccessarily written by him, theres no daleel to prove it was..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
                      Anyways alhamdulilah found out what I wanted. Plus IslamQA says that book by ibn sirin RH was not neccessarily written by him, theres no daleel to prove it was..[/B]
                      I apologise for cluttering up yr thread.

ALLAH knows best but we had a visiting Mu'abbir Mawlana and he taught a few pages from the arabic kitab and Hadrat didnt mention that it wasnt Allamah Ibn Sirin rahimahullah's kitab :)
                      Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

I had the most amazinggggggg dream.. weird completely.. and so uninterpretable.
                        - Inna Ma'iya Rabbi Sayah Deen -

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                          I apologise for cluttering up yr thread.

ALLAH knows best but we had a visiting Mu'abbir Mawlana and he taught a few pages from the arabic kitab and Hadrat didnt mention that it wasnt Allamah Ibn Sirin rahimahullah's kitab :)
                          Camon akhee, dont need to apologise akhi, even if it is sarcastic [cant tell]. Allahu alim akhee, I just got that from shaykh salih munajjid..the final point.

=====

Praise be to Allaah.
                          1. True dreamsdreams
                          2. Dreams marked the onset of Revelation (al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).
                          3. The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)
                          4. Towards the end of time, hardly any dreamsdreams
                          5. Dreams are of three types: rahmaani (those that come from Allaah), nafsaani (psychological, they come from within a person) and shaytaani
                          6. The dreams of the Prophets are wahy (revelation) for they are protected from the Shaytaan. The Ummah
                          7. The dreams of people other than the Prophets are to be examined in the light of the clear Wahy
                          8. Whoever wants to have true dreamsdreams can hardly be untrue.
                          9. The most truthful of dreams are those that are seen at the time of suhoor [just before dawn], for this is the time when Allaah descends and when mercy and forgiveness are close. It is also the time when the devils are quiet, unlike the time of darkness just after sunset, when the devils and devilish souls spread out.
                            (See Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/50-52)
                            Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said:
                          10. All dreams are either of two types:
                            1. true dreams. These are the dreams of the Prophets and of the righteous people who follow them. They may also happen to other people, but this is very rare, such as the dream of the kaafir king which was interpreted for him by Yoosuf (peace be upon him). True dreams are those which come true in real life as they were seen in the dream.
                            2. Mixed up false dreams, which warn of something. These are of different types:
                            1. games of the Shaytaan to make a person distressed, such as when he sees his head cut off and he is following it, or he sees himself falling into a crisis and cannot find anyone to save him from it, and so on.
                            2. When he sees some of the angels telling him to do something forbidden, or other things that cannot possibly make sense.
                            3. When he sees something that happens to him in real life, or he wishes it would happen, and he sees it very realistically in his dream; or he see what usually happens to him when he is awake or what reflects his mood. These dreams usually speak of the future or the present, rarely of the past.
                          See: Fath al-Baari, 12/352-354
                          1. dreams come from Allaah, and (bad) dreams
                          Ibn Hajar said: to sum up what has been said about good dreams, we may say three things:
                          1. A person should praise Allaah for the good dream
                          2. He should feel happy about it
                          3. He should talk about it to those whom he loves but not to those whom he dislikes.
                          To sum up what has been said about bad dreams, we may say four things:
                          1. He should seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of the dream
                          2. He should seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of the Shaytaan
                          3. He should spit to his left three times when he wakes up
                          4. He should not mention it to anyone at all.
                          5. In al-Bukhaari, , a fifth thing was narrated from Abu Hurayrah, which is to pray. The wording of the report is: whoever sees something he dislikes (in a dream) should not tell anyone about it; rather he should get up and pray. This was reported as a Mawsool report by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh.
                          6. Muslim added a sixth thing, which is to turn over from the side on which one was lying.
                          See Fath al-Baari, 12/370.
                          1. See Fath al-Baari, 12/369
                            Imaam al-Baghawi said:
                          2. Know that the interpretation of dreamsSharh al-Sunnah, 12/220)
                            Interpretation in the light of the Sunnah: such as the crow representing an immoral man (faasiq

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

Comment

So it would be a good thing to dream about seeing the prophet?
                              I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X