Re: Dream Interpetation

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
    ur not muslim hence u wont understand.
    Understand what?

Comment

Originally posted by OutsideObserver View Post
      Understand what?
      our beliefs and concepts regarding dreams and der interpretation.
      *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Black indeed! This is no different than ur_yusra quoting (an unsourced quote) Muhammad saying it was satan. However it does come from yourself, the unconscious, and has disturbing content that the conscious denies and projects onto objects (whether people or other absurd things like some 'shaitan').
        You are right.. the Prophet (peace be upon him) said.. there are three types of dreams..

1) Bad dreams from Shaytaan.

2) Good dreams from Allah (SWT)

3).. and dreams which are purely from oneself.. which is what you are referring to..

This has been taken into account in the science of dream interpretation.
        - Inna Ma'iya Rabbi Sayah Deen -

Comment

our beliefs and concepts regarding dreams and der interpretation.
          What? So the post made by Abu Muslim is not it then?

I understand the concept, and the belief, I just don't understand the why.

Comment

What? So the post made by Abu Muslim is not it then?

I understand the concept, and the belief, I just don't understand the why.
            thats just it....nehows im off to bed..g'nyt :)
            *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Originally posted by ur_yusra View Post
              You are right.. the Prophet (peace be upon him) said.. there are three types of dreams..

1) Bad dreams from Shaytaan.

2) Good dreams from Allah (SWT)

3).. and dreams which are purely from oneself.. which is what you are referring to..

This has been taken into account in the science of dream interpretation.
              From what, the science of "Islamic" dream interpretation. I already know that, I am still looking for the why.

All dreams steam form the unconscious, how your conscious interprets them determines if you label them as holy, satanic, or none of those two things. This would be a improper thing to do since, you ignore the most important ones (from satan, or in other word the shadow). Aspects of your self that you are not aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
                I want to know from an islamic point of view, faqqat. I only take from the ulema and those with sound islamic knowledge. The scholars are inheritors of the deen, I dont care if some guy who invented the swiss knife and owns a swiss bank account wrote about what he dreamt while going into the swiss alps.

Unless of course hes a Muslim, then I take that back, but still, unless hes a scholar, I would prefer to take from those with sound islamic ilm.
                :rotfl:

Comment

thats just it....nehows im off to bed..g'nyt :)
                  What is just it? You can't cover the why, because you don't know the why.

Comment

From what, the science of "Islamic" dream interpretation. I already know that, I am still looking for the why.

All dreams steam form the unconscious, how your conscious interprets them determines if you label them as holy, satanic, or none of those two things. This would be a improper thing to do since, you ignore the most important ones (from satan, or in other word the shadow). Aspects of your self that you are not aware of.
                    Thats not true those type of dreams are not ignored.. rather they are interpreted.. also it is not always known which dreams are from satan and which from ourself.
                    - Inna Ma'iya Rabbi Sayah Deen -

Comment

Originally posted by ur_yusra View Post
                      Thats not true those type of dreams are not ignored.. rather they are interpreted.. also it is not always known which dreams are from satan and which from ourself.
                      Of course it is known, all dreams steam from the self.

Comment

should one take his/her dream seriously given that one is aware s/he not someone who falls into category that are given inspiration through dreams?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X