• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OutsideObserver
    replied
    Re: Dream Interpetation

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
    wot i mean is that sum ppl get too into interpretin dreams..interpretin the most trivial ones and going to great lenghts to do so...to unlearned ppl as well..this shud most definately be avoided.
    If it is trivial, then why has it made such a big impact on them? Perhaps it is not. What would they do to ones that are not trivial?

Leave a comment:

• Masumah
    replied

wot i mean is that sum ppl get too into interpretin dreams..interpretin the most trivial ones and going to great lenghts to do so...to unlearned ppl as well..this shud most definately be avoided.

Leave a comment:

• OutsideObserver
    replied

Originally posted by ur_yusra View Post
    Anyhow.. The Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) placed great importance to dreams..

Once there was a man who came to the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) obviously quite disturbed.. and he told the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) that he saw a dream in which his head was chopped off and rolling on the ground.. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) smiled and said.. do not tell others how shaytaan plays with you..
    That is not an interpretation. It is an explaination of a psychic event in a colourful and credulous manner.

Leave a comment:

• ur_yusra
    replied

Originally posted by OutsideObserver View Post
    Dreams contain unconscious content. It is very important to dwell on dreams (especially disturbing ones - Interesting that you said Satan) to extract and make conscious of any information that is critical for the developement of the ego.
    Development*

Anyhow.. The Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) placed great importance to dreams..

Once there was a man who came to the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) obviously quite disturbed.. and he told the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) that he saw a dream in which his head was chopped off and rolling on the ground.. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) smiled and said.. do not tell others how shaytaan plays with you..

Leave a comment:

• OutsideObserver
    replied

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
    Allamah bin sireens book is gr8 alhamdulillah.

but it does not do one good to dwell on dreams..if it was pleasant dream make dua to Allah swt thankin Him and askin Him fro the good of the dream.

If it was bad then seek refuge in Allah from the evil of the acursed shaitaan
    Dreams contain unconscious content. It is very important to dwell on dreams (especially disturbing ones - Interesting that you said Satan) to extract and make conscious of any information that is critical for the developement of the ego.

Leave a comment:

• Masumah
    replied

Allamah bin sireens book is gr8 alhamdulillah.

but it does not do one good to dwell on dreams..if it was pleasant dream make dua to Allah swt thankin Him and askin Him fro the good of the dream.

If it was bad then seek refuge in Allah from the evil of the acursed shaitaan

Leave a comment:

• OutsideObserver
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
    I want to know from an islamic point of view, faqqat. I only take from the ulema and those with sound islamic knowledge. The scholars are inheritors of the deen, I dont care if some guy who invented the swiss knife and owns a swiss bank account wrote about what he dreamt while going into the swiss alps.

Unless of course hes a Muslim, then I take that back, but still, unless hes a scholar, I would prefer to take from those with sound islamic ilm.
    The closest thing he got to Islam that I have read was an interpretation of a Quranic verse relating to the shadow, and some commentary on pre-WWII North Africa, which he was wondering how they would react to modernization. I am sure if he was alive today, he would have replaced communist countries with Muslim countries in his book The Undiscovered Self.

Leave a comment:

• Maureen
    replied

I guess none of you would be interested in Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams"? He was Jewish by birth and then an athiest. It is a good read but somewhat dated, and the womwn's movement have kicked up about some of his ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Muslim
    replied

Originally posted by OutsideObserver View Post
    Only from the ulema, how unfortunate. The Swiss psychotherapist Carl Jung has been one of the most well known for dream interpretation with his pinning down the universal archetypes.
    I want to know from an islamic point of view, faqqat. I only take from the ulema and those with sound islamic knowledge. The scholars are inheritors of the deen, I dont care if some guy who invented the swiss knife and owns a swiss bank account wrote about what he dreamt while going into the swiss alps.

Unless of course hes a Muslim, then I take that back, but still, unless hes a scholar, I would prefer to take from those with sound islamic ilm.

Leave a comment:

• OutsideObserver
    replied

Only from the ulema, how unfortunate. The Swiss psychotherapist Carl Jung has been one of the most well known for dream interpretation with his pinning down the universal archetypes.

Leave a comment:

• ur_yusra
    replied

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
    So it would be a good thing to dream about seeing the prophet?
    .. of course..! May Allah (swt) bless us all with such dreams..

Leave a comment:

• Te'oma
    replied

So it would be a good thing to dream about seeing the prophet?

Leave a comment:

• True Heart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abu Muslim
    replied

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
    I apologise for cluttering up yr thread.

ALLAH knows best but we had a visiting Mu'abbir Mawlana and he taught a few pages from the arabic kitab and Hadrat didnt mention that it wasnt Allamah Ibn Sirin rahimahullah's kitab :)
    Camon akhee, dont need to apologise akhi, even if it is sarcastic [cant tell]. Allahu alim akhee, I just got that from shaykh salih munajjid..the final point.

=====

Praise be to Allaah.
    1. True dreamsdreams
    2. Dreams marked the onset of Revelation (al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).
    3. The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)
    4. Towards the end of time, hardly any dreamsdreams
    5. Dreams are of three types: rahmaani (those that come from Allaah), nafsaani (psychological, they come from within a person) and shaytaani
    6. The dreams of the Prophets are wahy (revelation) for they are protected from the Shaytaan. The Ummah
    7. The dreams of people other than the Prophets are to be examined in the light of the clear Wahy
    8. Whoever wants to have true dreamsdreams can hardly be untrue.
    9. The most truthful of dreams are those that are seen at the time of suhoor [just before dawn], for this is the time when Allaah descends and when mercy and forgiveness are close. It is also the time when the devils are quiet, unlike the time of darkness just after sunset, when the devils and devilish souls spread out.
      (See Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/50-52)
      Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said:
    10. All dreams are either of two types:
      1. true dreams. These are the dreams of the Prophets and of the righteous people who follow them. They may also happen to other people, but this is very rare, such as the dream of the kaafir king which was interpreted for him by Yoosuf (peace be upon him). True dreams are those which come true in real life as they were seen in the dream.
      2. Mixed up false dreams, which warn of something. These are of different types:
      1. games of the Shaytaan to make a person distressed, such as when he sees his head cut off and he is following it, or he sees himself falling into a crisis and cannot find anyone to save him from it, and so on.
      2. When he sees some of the angels telling him to do something forbidden, or other things that cannot possibly make sense.
      3. When he sees something that happens to him in real life, or he wishes it would happen, and he sees it very realistically in his dream; or he see what usually happens to him when he is awake or what reflects his mood. These dreams usually speak of the future or the present, rarely of the past.
    See: Fath al-Baari, 12/352-354
    1. dreams come from Allaah, and (bad) dreams
    Ibn Hajar said: to sum up what has been said about good dreams, we may say three things:
    1. A person should praise Allaah for the good dream
    2. He should feel happy about it
    3. He should talk about it to those whom he loves but not to those whom he dislikes.
    To sum up what has been said about bad dreams, we may say four things:
    1. He should seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of the dream
    2. He should seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of the Shaytaan
    3. He should spit to his left three times when he wakes up
    4. He should not mention it to anyone at all.
    5. In al-Bukhaari, , a fifth thing was narrated from Abu Hurayrah, which is to pray. The wording of the report is: whoever sees something he dislikes (in a dream) should not tell anyone about it; rather he should get up and pray. This was reported as a Mawsool report by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh.
    6. Muslim added a sixth thing, which is to turn over from the side on which one was lying.
    See Fath al-Baari, 12/370.
    1. See Fath al-Baari, 12/369
      Imaam al-Baghawi said:
    2. Know that the interpretation of dreamsSharh al-Sunnah, 12/220)
      Interpretation in the light of the Sunnah: such as the crow representing an immoral man (faasiq

Leave a comment:

• ur_yusra
    replied

I had the most amazinggggggg dream.. weird completely.. and so uninterpretable.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X