Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dream Interpetation

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
    So it would be a good thing to dream about seeing the prophet?
    .. of course..! May Allah (swt) bless us all with such dreams..
    - Inna Ma'iya Rabbi Sayah Deen -

Comment

Only from the ulema, how unfortunate. The Swiss psychotherapist Carl Jung has been one of the most well known for dream interpretation with his pinning down the universal archetypes.

Comment

Originally posted by OutsideObserver View Post
        Only from the ulema, how unfortunate. The Swiss psychotherapist Carl Jung has been one of the most well known for dream interpretation with his pinning down the universal archetypes.
        I want to know from an islamic point of view, faqqat. I only take from the ulema and those with sound islamic knowledge. The scholars are inheritors of the deen, I dont care if some guy who invented the swiss knife and owns a swiss bank account wrote about what he dreamt while going into the swiss alps.

Unless of course hes a Muslim, then I take that back, but still, unless hes a scholar, I would prefer to take from those with sound islamic ilm.
        http:/www.alghurabaa.org
        Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

I guess none of you would be interested in Freud's "Interpretation of Dreams"? He was Jewish by birth and then an athiest. It is a good read but somewhat dated, and the womwn's movement have kicked up about some of his ideas.
          "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed".

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
            I want to know from an islamic point of view, faqqat. I only take from the ulema and those with sound islamic knowledge. The scholars are inheritors of the deen, I dont care if some guy who invented the swiss knife and owns a swiss bank account wrote about what he dreamt while going into the swiss alps.

Unless of course hes a Muslim, then I take that back, but still, unless hes a scholar, I would prefer to take from those with sound islamic ilm.
            The closest thing he got to Islam that I have read was an interpretation of a Quranic verse relating to the shadow, and some commentary on pre-WWII North Africa, which he was wondering how they would react to modernization. I am sure if he was alive today, he would have replaced communist countries with Muslim countries in his book The Undiscovered Self.

Comment

Allamah bin sireens book is gr8 alhamdulillah.

but it does not do one good to dwell on dreams..if it was pleasant dream make dua to Allah swt thankin Him and askin Him fro the good of the dream.

If it was bad then seek refuge in Allah from the evil of the acursed shaitaan
              *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Originally posted by Masumah View Post
                Allamah bin sireens book is gr8 alhamdulillah.

but it does not do one good to dwell on dreams..if it was pleasant dream make dua to Allah swt thankin Him and askin Him fro the good of the dream.

If it was bad then seek refuge in Allah from the evil of the acursed shaitaan
                Dreams contain unconscious content. It is very important to dwell on dreams (especially disturbing ones - Interesting that you said Satan) to extract and make conscious of any information that is critical for the developement of the ego.

Comment

Dreams contain unconscious content. It is very important to dwell on dreams (especially disturbing ones - Interesting that you said Satan) to extract and make conscious of any information that is critical for the developement of the ego.
                  Development*

Anyhow.. The Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) placed great importance to dreams..

Once there was a man who came to the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) obviously quite disturbed.. and he told the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) that he saw a dream in which his head was chopped off and rolling on the ground.. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) smiled and said.. do not tell others how shaytaan plays with you..

Comment

Originally posted by ur_yusra View Post
                    Anyhow.. The Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) placed great importance to dreams..

Once there was a man who came to the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) obviously quite disturbed.. and he told the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) that he saw a dream in which his head was chopped off and rolling on the ground.. The Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassallam) smiled and said.. do not tell others how shaytaan plays with you..
                    That is not an interpretation. It is an explaination of a psychic event in a colourful and credulous manner.

Comment

wot i mean is that sum ppl get too into interpretin dreams..interpretin the most trivial ones and going to great lenghts to do so...to unlearned ppl as well..this shud most definately be avoided.
                      *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

wot i mean is that sum ppl get too into interpretin dreams..interpretin the most trivial ones and going to great lenghts to do so...to unlearned ppl as well..this shud most definately be avoided.
                        If it is trivial, then why has it made such a big impact on them? Perhaps it is not. What would they do to ones that are not trivial?

Comment

sum ppl are highly superstitious and wish to attribute every happening in der life to black magic, black magic does exist but sum ppl go very far..dey use dreams to prove that sum1 is doin black magic on dem.
                          *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

That is not an interpretation. It is an explaination of a psychic event in a colourful and credulous manner.
                            Sorry? It wasn't meant to be an interpretation.

Comment

sum ppl are highly superstitious and wish to attribute every happening in der life to black magic, black magic does exist but sum ppl go very far..dey use dreams to prove that sum1 is doin black magic on dem.
                              Black indeed! This is no different than ur_yusra quoting (an unsourced quote) Muhammad saying it was satan. However it does come from yourself, the unconscious, and has disturbing content that the conscious denies and projects onto objects (whether people or other absurd things like some 'shaitan').

Comment

ur not muslim hence u wont understand.
                                *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X