Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Islam's claim about the 360 joints in the human body was proven to be true!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Islam's claim about the 360 joints in the human body was proven to be true!

Originally posted by THHuxley View Post
    Now that's just dumb.

If the scientists refute this (as they have) then it is rather obviously not the truth.
    Not necessarily.

Afterall, how often do we see two conflicting reports, both based on 'facts', one saying something is an antioxidant, while another report states the same product causes cancer?

Some people like to think that scientists have all the answers. They don't.

Comment

is this a new fact? just came out now?

Comment

No, it is not.

A joint is an articulation between bones. Cartilage might be involved at the interface, but the articulation between two pieces of cartilage is not a joint.

What scientists? I note that you are providing no reference for these otherwise silly numbers. That is (of course) because there are no scientists who support them.

For example, what is a "throat joint?" There is only a single bone in the throat, the hyoid. Are you double counting those spine joints that are in the neck? It appears that you are.

It appears that you are just making stuff up. You are trying to force the count to fit the Qur'an, and that is called falsifying your evidence.

No, it was not. The number of joints thought to exist in the human body has not changed for more than 300 years.

And 20 "new" joints were not discovered in 1995.

Again, you are just making stuff up.

I dont like to prove you any FALSE statments for FUN! i have posted above with references, I have missed to post the reference! give me some time because i am little bit busy with project works!

MY dear friend DR. $HugoBoss$ if you can just go ahead with this .....

I will give you details with references near future..,

Last edited by ammarcool; 24-03-07, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ammarcool View Post
          I dont like to prove you any FALSE statments for FUN! i have posted above with references, I have missed to post the reference! give me some time because i am little bit busy with project works!

MY dear friend DR. $HugoBoss$ if you can just go ahead with this .....

I will give you details with references near future..,

Read your original source: http://www.answering-islam.de/Main/R.../360joints.htm

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]The joint is a point of articulation of two bones, a bone and gristle, or two gristles in any part of the human body.
          No it isn't:
          A joint is the area where two bones are attached for the purpose of motion of body parts. A joint is usually formed of fibrous connective tissue and cartilage. An articulation or an arthrosis is the same as a joint.
          from http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...rticlekey=4074

Comment

No, it is not.

A joint is an articulation between bones. Cartilage might be involved at the interface, but the articulation between two pieces of cartilage is not a joint.

What scientists? I note that you are providing no reference for these otherwise silly numbers. That is (of course) because there are no scientists who support them.

For example, what is a "throat joint?" There is only a single bone in the throat, the hyoid. Are you double counting those spine joints that are in the neck? It appears that you are.

It appears that you are just making stuff up. You are trying to force the count to fit the Qur'an, and that is called falsifying your evidence.

No, it was not. The number of joints thought to exist in the human body has not changed for more than 300 years.

And 20 "new" joints were not discovered in 1995.

Again, you are just making stuff up.
            Let us also examine what the dictionary say about the word “Joints?”

joint (joint) n. Abbr. jnt., jt. 1.a. A place or part at which two or more things are joined. b. A way in which two or more things are joined: a mortise-and-tenon joint; flexible joints. 2. Anatomy. a. A point of articulation between two or more bones, especially such a connection that allows motion. b. A point in the exoskeleton of an invertebrate at which movable parts join, as along the leg of an arthropod. 3. Botany. An articulation on a fruit or stem, such as the node of a grass stem. 4. Geology. A fracture or crack in a rock mass along which no appreciable movement has occurred. 5. A large cut of meat for roasting. 6. Slang. a. A cheap or disreputable gathering place: “The tavern is . . . just a joint with Formica tables, a vinyl floor, lights over the mirrors” (Scott Turow). b. A building or dwelling. c. A prison. Often used with the. 7.Slang. A marijuana cigarette.8. Vulgar. Slang. A penis. --joint adj. Abbr. jnt., jt. 1. Shared by or common to two or more: our joint presence; a joint income-tax return. 2. Sharing with another or others: a joint tenant. 3. Formed or characterized by cooperation or united action: joint military maneuvers. 4. Involving both houses of a legislature: a joint session of Congress. 5. Law. Regarded as one legal body; united in identity of interest or liability. 6. Mathematics. Involving two or more variables.--joint tr.v.,, joints. 1. To combine or attach with a joint or joints: securely jointed the sides of the drawer. 2. To provide or construct with joints: joint a boom on a crane. 3. To separate (meat) at the joints. --idiom. out of joint. 1. Dislocated, as a bone. 2. Informal. a. Not harmonious; inconsistent. b. Out of order; inauspicious or unsatisfactory. c. In bad spirits or humor; out of sorts. [Middle English, from Old French, from past participle of joindre, to join. See JOIN.]

ٍ

[1007] 'A'isha رضى الله عنها narrated that the Allaah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said: “Allaah has created in every man 360 joints, so whoever declares the magnificence of Allaah, praises Allaah, declares Allaah to be One, Glorifies Allaah, and seeks forgiveness from Allaah, and removes stone, or thorn, or bone from people's path, and enjoins what is good and forbids what is evil, to the number of those three hundred and sixty joints, will walk that day having removed himself from Hell.” Abu Taubah said: “will enter the evening” (i.e. ‘enter into evening’ instead of ‘walk’).

You must know that:

1. In the above Hadeeth حديثthe word مفصلis an adjective [as-sifatu اَلصِّفَةُ] that qualifies a noun, thus, سِتِّينَ وَثَلَاثِ مِائَةِ مَفْصِلٍ is an adjective phrase with incomplete construction and having no complete sense.

2.The first part of an adjective phrase is a noun, it is called prescribed al-mausufu اَلمَوصُوفُ andthe second part is an adjective اَلصِّفَةُ. Thus, سِتِّينَ وَثَلَاثِ مِائَةِisاَلمَوصُوفُ and مَفْصِلٍis the اَلصِّفَةُ in theHadeeth حديث.
            2. A meaningful word in Arabic is called كلِمَةٌ (kalimatun) and it is of three types: (1) Noun {ismun} اِسُمٌ (2) Verb {fi’lun} فِعُلٌ (3) Particle {harfun} حَرُفٌ. A noun is not dependent on any other word for indicating its meaning and does not have any of the three tenses.
            4.A noun in Arabic is either indefinite or definite. If a noun does not indicate some specific person, place or thing, it is called “Indefinite or Common Noun” like كِتَابٌ (kitabun) a book (may be any book) or رَجُلٌ (rajulun) a man (may be any man). However, if a noun denotes to some specific person, place or thing, it is called “Definite or Proper Noun” such as شَاهِدٌ (Shahidun) Shahid, name of a particular man. One way to make a noun definite is to prefix the definite article (al) اَلُ to it and to omit its nunation. We will discuss about this later in this refutation.
            Surah Fussilat 30

Comment

Originally posted by Saadet View Post
              Not necessarily.

Afterall, how often do we see two conflicting reports, both based on 'facts', one saying something is an antioxidant, while another report states the same product causes cancer?
              What makes you imagine that those are mutually exclusive? Antioxidants can cause cancer. That would be among the several very good reasons for such reports.

Originally posted by Saadet
              Some people like to think that scientists have all the answers. They don't.

No, but they have many answers, certainly far many more answers than the hadith do. In fact it is a fundamental part of this silly claim that "scientists" have proven the claim to be true.

So, please, do not be so transparently hypocritical as to try and use scientists as your authority on one hand, and then dismiss them on the other.

This is not a controversial issue. The claims made in this thread are replete with simple, demonstrable falsehoods. There are not 360 joints in the human body, scientists did not believe there were 340 joints prior to 1995, there were not 20 new joints discovered in the ears that year, and there are not 20 joints in the ears at all.

Why do you guys never check this silly stuff before you start getting all excited about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Barracuda View Post

joint (joint) n. Abbr. jnt., jt. 1.a. A place or part at which two or more things are joined. b. A way in which two or more things are joined: a mortise-and-tenon joint; flexible joints. 2. Anatomy. a. A point of articulation between two or more bones, especially such a connection that allows motion. b. A point in the exoskeleton of an invertebrate at which movable parts join, as along the leg of an arthropod. 3. Botany. An articulation on a fruit or stem, such as the node of a grass stem. 4. Geology. A fracture or crack in a rock mass along which no appreciable movement has occurred. 5. A large cut of meat for roasting. 6. Slang. a. A cheap or disreputable gathering place: (Scott Turow). b. A building or dwelling. c. A prison. Often used with the. 7.Slang. A marijuana cigarette.8. Vulgar. Slang. A penis. --joint adj. Abbr. jnt., jt. 1. Shared by or common to two or more: our joint presence; a joint income-tax return. 2. Sharing with another or others: a joint tenant. 3. Formed or characterized by cooperation or united action: joint military maneuvers. 4. Involving both houses of a legislature: a joint session of Congress. 5. Law. Regarded as one legal body; united in identity of interest or liability. 6. Mathematics. Involving two or more variables.--joint tr.v.,, joints. 1. To combine or attach with a joint or joints: securely jointed the sides of the drawer. 2. To provide or construct with joints: joint a boom on a crane. 3. To separate (meat) at the joints. --idiom. out of joint. 1. Dislocated, as a bone. 2. Informal. a. Not harmonious; inconsistent. b. Out of order; inauspicious or unsatisfactory. c. In bad spirits or humor; out of sorts. [Middle English, from Old French, from past participle of joindre, to join. See JOIN.]
                Fabulous.

Now let us eliminate all the definitions that have nothing to do with this thread. What do we have left?

2. Anatomy. a. A point of articulation between two or more bones, especially such a connection that allows motion.
                That is the only definition that matters here.

Comment

What makes you imagine that those are mutually exclusive? Antioxidants can cause cancer. That would be among the several very good reasons for such reports.
                  My point was that often you do encounter seperate findings that are contradictory and mutually exclusive. The point is that both are based on facts and research.

Comment

My point was that often you do encounter seperate findings that are contradictory and mutually exclusive. The point is that both are based on facts and research.
                    Funny then that you provided an example that so singularly failed to make that point.

Now, if we are done with your diversion, back to the subject of this thread. The human body does not have 360 joints. Scientists before 1995 did not believe the body had 340 joints. There were no new joints discovered in 1995. There are not 20 joints in the ears.

Everything in the original post was a fraud.

And Ammarcool will certainly never return with those references he promised.

Comment

never return : that should be your DREAM!

dude I am here! I will give you the answer inshallah! I am not like YOU! until my last breath will fight.... :up:
                      Last edited by ammarcool; 25-03-07, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Now, if we are done with your diversion, back to the subject of this thread. The human body does not have 360 joints. Scientists before 1995 did not believe the body had 340 joints. There were no new joints discovered in 1995. There are not 20 joints in the ears.

Everything in the original post was a fraud.

I never claimed the human body had 360 joints, nor am I creating a 'diversion'.

Comment

Types of joints found in the human body: junction of two bones that permits movement.
                          Ribs and vertebrae = semi-mobile joints: ribs: bones of the thoracic cage. Vertebra: each of the bones of the spinal column. Semi-mobile joints: very restricted flexibility.
                          Vertebrae = cartilaginous joints: vertebra: each of the bones of the spinal column. Cartilaginous joints: flexibility due to cartilage, an elastic tissue.
                          Skull = immovable joints: skull: bony case of the brain. Fixed joints: joints that do not allow flexibility.
                          Elbow = hinged joint: elbow: joint connecting the forearm to the upper arm. Hinged joint: flexible in only one direction.
                          Hip = ball and socket joint: hip: part on the side of the body, between the waist and the top of the thigh.
                          Ball and socket joint: flexibility due to a domed bone that turns in a cavity of the same shape.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ammarcool; 25-03-07, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Everything in the original post was a fraud. And Ammarcool will certainly never return with those references he promised.
                            thats upon to you to decide on that! I wont care for that!

The place where two bones meet is called a joint. Some joints move and others don't.

Fixed joints are fixed in place and don't move at all. Your skull has some of these joints (called sutures, remember?), which close up the bones of the skull in a young person's head. One of these joints is called the parieto-temporal (say: par-eye-ih-toh tem-puh-rul) suture — it's the one that runs along the side of the skull.

Moving joints are the ones that let you ride your bike, eat cereal, and play a video game — the ones that allow you to twist, bend, and move different parts of your body. Some moving joints, like the ones in your spine, move only a little. Other joints move a lot. One of the main types of moving joints is called a hinge joint. Your elbows and knees each have hinge joints, which let you bend and then straighten your arms and legs. These joints are like the hinges on a door. Just as most doors can only open one way, you can only bend your arms and legs in one direction. You also have many smaller hinge joints in your fingers and toes.

Another important type of moving joint is the ball and socket joint. You can find these joints at your shoulders and hips. They are made up of the round end of one bone fitting into a small cup-like area of another bone. Ball and socket joints allow for lots of movement in every direction. Make sure you've got lots of room, and try swinging your arms all over the place.

Have you ever seen someone put oil on a hinge to make it work easier or stop squeaking? Well, your joints come with their own special fluid called synovial fluid (say: si-no-vee-ul) that helps them move freely. Bones are held together at the joints by ligaments (say: lih-guh-mints), which are like very strong rubber bands.

source bones_noSW

according to scientific researches they have mentioned following details:
                            • Humans and giraffes have the same number of bones in their neck. Giraffe neck bones are just bigger.
                            • You have over 230 moveable and semi-moveable joints in your body.
                            • You have 27 bones in your hand.
                            • You have 14 bones in your face.
                            • The smallest bone in your body is the stirrup bone in the ear, which measures 1/10 of an inch.
                            • The longest bone in your body is the femur (thigh bone), which is about 1/4 of your height.

source: bodysystems_skeletal

What about the counting of following joints in the human body?
                            cartilaginous joints, Immovable joints, Fixed joints, Hinged joints, ball and socket joints

first of all count that...finally you can decide what it is..
                            Last edited by ammarcool; 25-03-07, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Types of joints found in the human body: junction of two bones that permits movement.
                              Ribs and vertebrae = semi-mobile joints: ribs: bones of the thoracic cage. Vertebra: each of the bones of the spinal column. Semi-mobile joints: very restricted flexibility.
                              Vertebrae = cartilaginous joints: vertebra: each of the bones of the spinal column. Cartilaginous joints: flexibility due to cartilage, an elastic tissue.
                              Skull = immovable joints: skull: bony case of the brain. Fixed joints: joints that do not allow flexibility.
                              Elbow = hinged joint: elbow: joint connecting the forearm to the upper arm. Hinged joint: flexible in only one direction.
                              Hip = ball and socket joint: hip: part on the side of the body, between the waist and the top of the thigh.
                              Ball and socket joint: flexibility due to a domed bone that turns in a cavity of the same shape.
                              So, you now agree that this:
                              The joint is a point of articulation of two bones, a bone and gristle, or two gristles in any part of the human body.

is not true, then?

Comment

thats upon to you to decide on that! I wont care for that!
                                [/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
                                It's up to you to decide, actually. If you care about the credibilty of your claim, all you need do is bring reliable and accurate sources that confirm your claims that there are 360 joints in the human body and ten joints in the human ear.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X