cover hair when readin quran??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cover hair when readin quran??

do i have to cover my hair when readin the quraan by myself?
    i always have but sometimes when i just want to look up sumthing my hair is uncovered, is this wrong??
    muslim sister

Re: cover hair when readin quran??

No
    "Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Its cutural covering your head when reading Qur'an, nothing to do with islam!!! And if some1 says its part of islam, then this becomes a bidah!
      THE TWO CAMPS

THE CAMP OF KUFR VS THE CAMP OF EMAAN

Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed.” The Prophet was asked: “It is right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?” He replied: “By preventing him from oppressing others.” [Bukhari]

Comment

but is a woman supposed to cover her awrah (think thats the right word?) when reading quran?
        like as in she wud cover her arms, legs so it includes hair too??

:scratch:

please correct me if im wrong
        muslim sister

Comment

Originally posted by heaven2002 View Post
          but is a woman supposed to cover her awrah (think thats the right word?) when reading quran?
          like as in she wud cover her arms, legs so it includes hair too??

:scratch:

please correct me if im wrong
          ukhti....if you dnt mind me asking habipty, who is telling you all this?
          THE TWO CAMPS

THE CAMP OF KUFR VS THE CAMP OF EMAAN

Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed.” The Prophet was asked: “It is right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?” He replied: “By preventing him from oppressing others.” [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by JiHaDiYa View Post
            ukhti....if you dnt mind me asking habipty, who is telling you all this?
            well the way ive been brought up
            like all other muslim around me, muslim women, cover hair when praying, like salat and reading quran
            u dont often see a muslim woman praying quran unless she has hair covered#
            i thought it might be something required as it shows respect to quran?
            muslim sister

Comment

Yeah I also would like to see a ruling about this if anyone knows of one?
              Cos I have been taught the same, its better to cover while reading quran? like as heaven said, from respect?
              .: Rufaida :.
              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

theres nothing in the Quran or sahih sunnah that says a woman has to cover her awra to read the Quran, u can even recite it on your menses ...( not touching the book as i understand it though)
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Ive always been under the impression that when reciting Qu'ran youre head should be covered? hhmm
                  *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    theres nothing in the Quran or sahih sunnah that says a woman has to cover her awra to read the Quran, u can even recite it on your menses ...( not touching the book as i understand it though)
                    i think there is dif opinion on that though? (menses) both of them wit valid reasonings
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                      i think there is dif opinion on that though? (menses) both of them wit valid reasonings
                      u mean some say u can and some say u cant touch it at that time? if so then yes ur right i know of people who hold the other opinion ( thats why i said as i understand it ;)
                      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

hmmm.....heaven you need to watch this. its great. pretty funny too :)

http://ummahfilms.blogspot.com/2006/...-season-2.html

:up:

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                          u mean some say u can and some say u cant touch it at that time? if so then yes ur right i know of people who hold the other opinion ( thats why i said as i understand it ;)

No, some are of the opinion that you can't read it/recite it as well as touch it . . .

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire_blue View Post
                            No, some are of the opinion that you can't read it/recite it as well as touch it . . .
                            yeah there is a whole spectrum

those who say u can touch and read
                            can read without touching
                            can neither read nor touch

the last opinion is quite a common view, and i also go with this view :up:
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire_blue View Post
                              from what i know, youre not allowed to touch it but ur allowed to recite it.
                              "Truth is incontrovertible, ignorance can deride it, panic may resent it, malice may destroy it, but there it is."
                              Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X