Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prophetic medicine

Asalaamu Alaikum brothers and sisters :D

I wanted to make this thread, but insha'Allah will try to keep it as brief as poss, cos there is sooo much to cover and I dont wana get done for plaigarism

Ok 1st I am going to do the medicine thingies in Alphabet order starting with the letter Hamzah. (this will take time because it is 100 pages for the whole alphabet and I got uni next week :( ) and then I will like go over diseases like plague, dropsy, headache ect ect :) so have sabr and Insha'Allah hope this thread will benefit us all :up:

The two types of diseases that attack the heart are:

1) Doubt and error
    2) Lust and desire

“In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allah has increased their disease” (2:10)

The Prophet Muhammad saw said:

“Every illness has a cure, and when the proper cure is applied to the disease, it ends it, Allah willing” Narrated by Muslim.

Imam Ahmed narrated that Usamah bin Shuraik said:

“I was with the Prophet saw when the Bedouins came to him and said ‘O messenger of Allah, should we seek medicine?’ He said, ‘Yes, O slaves of Allah seek medicine, for Allah has not created a disease except that he has also created its cure, except for one illness’ they said ‘And what is that? Prophet Muhammad saw said ‘Old age’
    Oh Allah,
    Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
    And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Re: Prophetic medicine

The letter hamzah

1) Ithimid (Antimony)

This is the black kohl stone, the best type is found in Iran and which fragmentizes quickly and has shiny morsels.

Kohl is cold and dry and strengthens the eye and nerve system.
    When blended with pure watery honey it relieves headache.
    When ithimid is ground and mixed with tender fat and used as a dressing over fire burns, it prevents blisters from appearing and helps heal skin damage caused by fire.

2) Utrujj (Citron)

In Sahih hadith Prophet Muhammad :saw: said:

“The example of the believer who reads the Qur’an is the example of the Utrujj: its taste is delicious and taste is pleasant”

The peel refreshes decaying and polluted air, improves flavour in food.
    Ashes of the peel are used as an effective ointment against leprosy, peels are used in bandages for snake bite.

3) Aruzz (Rice)

Rice is hot and dry. It’s the 2nd nutritious cereal after wheat.
    It tightens the intestinal cavity and strengthens the stomach. It enriches the body, increases semen production and purifies the colour.

4) Arz (Pine)

Prophet Muhammad :saw: said:

“The example of the believer is the example of the green plant that twists, sometimes leaving it straight, sometimes bending it. The example of the hypocrite is the example of the Arz, it will be standing on its roots then all of a sudden is completely dry”

5) The Ith-khir (Lemon grass)

“Do not cut its plants. Except Al-Ith-Khir”
    Sahih Hadith. This is what the prophet Muhammad :saw: said in Makkah about its plants.
    Oh Allah,

Comment

Cupping is also a sunnah. :up:
      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
        Cupping is also a sunnah. :up:
        lol, yea I will get to that not sure when but insha'Allah
        Oh Allah,

Comment

Yeah I think I've heard of cupping before in here. I'd like to try that but don't think there are many doctors here that know about cupping.

Habiba

Comment

The letter Baa

1) Bittikh (watermelon)

Narrated by Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi:
            The prophet Muhammad :saw: said:

“The hotness of this substance (dates) neutralizes the coolness of that (watermelon)”

2) Balah (Dates)

Dates are beneficial for the chest and lung because of their coarseness.

Aisha (ra) said that the messenger of Allah :saw: said

“Eat fresh dates with dried dates, because Satan gets sad when he sees the son of Adam eating them, so he says: ‘The son of Adam has lived until (now) he eats the frsh and the old together”

3) Busr (green dates)

In the sahih its narrated that when the Prophet :saw:, Abu Bakr, and Umar (ra) were guests of Abu Al-Haitham (ra) he brought them a cluster of dates, which is similar to a cluster of grapes. The Prophet Muhammad :saw: said:

“Why do you not choose some ripe dates for us”

Abu Al-Haitham (ra) replied “I wanted you to choose whatever you like of its green and ripeness”

4) Baydh (Eggs)

Fresh eggs are better than old eggs; chicken eggs are the best kind.

Egg yolk has 3 beneficial uses:
            - turns into blood quickly
            - does not produce extensive waste
            - the blood it produces is light and similar to the blood that feeds the heart

5) Basal (onions)

Abu Dawud narrated in his sunan that Aisha ra was asked about basal and she said “The last meal that the prophet :saw: had inclided onions in it”

The sahihain also narrated that the Prophet Muhammad :saw: disallowed those who eat onions from entering the mosque.

Onion grains help against vitiate (lack of pigmentation in certain areas of the skin)
            Warts will dissipate effectively when onions are blended with salt
            Used as ear drops, onion extract also helps against weak hearing
            Cooked onions help against icterus, jaundice, coughing and roughness in chest

Onions also cause migranes, headaches, flatulence and bring darkness to the sight.

6) Bathinjan (Eggplant)

Eggplants can cause black bile, piles, clogs, cancer, leprosy. Eggplants also spoil ones colour, and cause bad breath. White eggplants do not have these side effects
            Oh Allah,

Comment

I think this is from the same book of prophetic medicine which we got at home. my inlaws r like an expert in this stuff masha allah :up:
              .: Rufaida :.
              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk View Post
                I think this is from the same book of prophetic medicine which we got at home. my inlaws r like an expert in this stuff masha allah :up:
                ah cool mashallah
                good thread btw al qadr!! jazakillah .
                Abu Huraira (ra) narrated that the messenger of Allah (saw) said 'Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look at the faults of others, and do not indulge in spying on one another..do not be jealous of one another and do not hate one another, O Allah's worshippers! Be brothers' (Sahih Bukhari)

Comment

The letter Taa

1) Tamr (dried dates)

Sahih Hadith narrates that the prophet :saw: said:

“Whoever ate seven dates in the morning from the area of ‘Aaliyah will not be harmed by poison or magic for the rest of that day”

He also said:

“The people of a house where there are no dates are hungry”

Dried dates
                  - Reinforce the liver,
                  - Boost semen production,
                  - Relieve sore throat when taken with pine
                  - Those not used to dried dates may harm their teeth and cause headaches unless eaten with almonds and poppy
                  - They are one of the most nutritious
                  - Can help kill worms when eaten at beginning of the day

2) Tin (figs)

- White figs are the most excellent as they are ripe and cleanse out sand accumulated in the liver and prostrate

3) Tharid (Meat & Bread dish)

In the Sahihain it states that the messenger of Allah :saw: said:

“The virtue of Aisha as compared to other women, is like the virtue of Tharid as compared to the rest of foods”

Tharid is composed of some bread which is the best food and meat which provides the best flavouring. The meat resembles the true spirit of the human body more than any other food. It is also a food of the people of Jannah.
                  Oh Allah,

Comment

Great thread mashaallah :up:
                    I just like to read such stuff on and on .:)
                    By the Time! Man is surely in loss, except those who believed and did good works, and exhorted one another to Truth, and exhorted one another to patience.

Comment

The letter Jeem

1) Jummar (Palm Pith)

In the Sahihain it is narrated that ‘Abdullah bin Umar said “while we were sitting with the Messenger of Allah :saw: he was brought a jummar of the date tree. The Prophet :saw: said:

“There is a tree that resembles the Muslim as its leaves never fall”

2) Jubn (Cheese)

In Sunan of Abu Dwud it is narrated that Abdullah bin Umar said the the Prophet :saw: was bought some cheese while in an area of Tbauk and that he asked for a knife, mentioned Allah’s name and cut it.

Unsalted cheese is good for stomach and organs, produces flesh and relaxes the stomach.
                      Salted cheese has little nutrition.

Salted cheese makes the body weak and causes liver stones and prostrate.
                      Oh Allah,

Comment

The letter Haa

1) Habbah Sawdaa (The Black Seed)

Narrated bu Abu Hurairah, the Prophet Muhammad :saw: said

“Use the black seed, because it contains a cure for every type of disease, except for death”

Black seed helps against colds
                        Helps body absorb medicine more quickly when taken in small quanities

Black seed oil helps against snake bites, haemorrhoids and spots.
                        When around 25 grams of it is drunk with water it will help against gasping and hard breathing.

When black seeds are cooked in vinegar and you rinse your mouth with it it relieves toothache from cold sensitivity.

When used in a bandage while blended with vinegar, it heals spots and exposed skin ulcers 

Black seed oil can help against facial paralysis

(For other benefits buy black seed oil and they should give u a leaflet on its benefits :p )

2) Harir (Silk)

Prophet Muhammad :saw: allowed Az-Zubayr and Abdur-Rahman bin ‘Awf to wear silk because of a rash they suffered from.

3) Hurf (Cress)

Prophet Muhammad :saw: was reported to have said

“What a cure do the two bitter remedies carry: the Thuffaa and aloe”

It heats and relaxes the stomach
                        Decomposes spleen tumours
                        Excites sexual drive
                        Heals ulcers of mange and herpes

When used as a bandage with honey it decomposes spleen tumours
                        When it is burned its smoke repulses venomous beasts and also prevents hair from falling.
                        When crushed and taken with warm water, it is a laxative.
                        Also helps against leprosy when crushed and used as a drink.

4) ‘Hulbah (Fenugreek)

The Prophet :saw: was reported to have visited Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqas when he was ill in Makkah and he asked for a doctor to examine him. They brought Al-Harith bin Kaladah who examined him and said “There is no harm with him, just cook some fenugreek with dates and let him eat them” Sa’d was reported to have done that and was healed.

Cooked in water, fenugreek softens the throat, chest and stomach area.
                        It also relieves coughing, dryness, asthma hard breathing and increases sexual drive. It dissolves phlegm from the chest.

A woman who suffers from pain in the vagina due to a tumour will benefit if she sits in water where fenugreek was cooked.

‘Hulbah also relieves urine retention and works as a laxative.
                        Oh Allah,

Comment

The letter Khaa

1) Khubz (Bread)

In the Sahih it is narrated that the Prophet :saw: said:

“On the day of resurrection, the earth will look like one piece of bread which the most mighty would prepare with his hand as a residence for the people of Paradise”

The most nutritious type of bread is semolina bread because it digests slowly.

The best time to eat bread is in the last part of the day when it is baked. Soft bread is lighter, more nutritious, humidifying and digests faster.

2) Khall (Vinegar)

Muslim narrated that Jabir bin ‘Abdullah said, “The messenger of Allah :saw: asked his wife for food and she said that I have vinegar. He asked for some of it and started eating from it while saying:
                          “What an excellent food vinegar is” (he ate it with bread)

Wine vinegar helps against inflammation and bile and prevents harm from toxic medicines.

It helps the digestion process by working against phlegm softening thick foods and blood.

When drunk with salt it helps against poisonous mushrooms.
                          When used as a mouthwash it relieves toothache.
                          Vinegar stimulates appetite, and softens the stomach.

3) Khilal (Toothpick)

Toothpicks are helpful for the gingival teeth and help keep breath fresh. Toothpicks made from olive trees are one of the best.
                          Oh Allah,

Comment

The letter Daal

1) Duhn (Fat or Grease)

Fat closes the pores and prevents the skins from decomposing.

At-Tirmidhi narrated that Abu Hurairah related from the Prophet :saw: that he said:
                            “Use grease in your food and as an ointment”
                            Oh Allah,

Comment

http://www.irfi.org/articles/article...he_prophet.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X