• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punishment in the grave for the disbeliever

:salams

What is it like?

Re: Punishment in the grave for the disbeliever

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

It depends on the crimes/sins commited by the kafir. There are certain punishments (for both Muslims and kuffar) for specific sins, but obviously the punishment of the kafir never stops whereas of the Muslim it does when Allah wills.

The only worse than the punishment in the grave is jahannam.

Comment

http://talkislam.wordpress.com/2006/...-in-the-grave/

Urgh look at this
      Please join my facebook page:

> > > The Islamic Digest < < <

Comment

as-Salâm 'alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Originally posted by M. Siddiqi View Post
        The only worse than the punishment in the grave is jahannam.

Janannam (Hell) is a place where people will be punished after they have been judged. This occurs after our time spent in the graves, after we’ve been resurrected. Thus, it isn’t correct to call Jahannam a “punishment in the grave.”
        “The entirety of faith is deed” – Imam Muhammad bin Ismâ'îl al-Bukhârî, al-Jâmi' as-Sahîh , Kitâb al-Îmân.

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by aboo ishaaq View Post
          as-Salâm 'alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Janannam (Hell) is a place where people will be punished after they have been judged. This occurs after our time spent in the graves, after we’ve been resurrected. Thus, it isn’t correct to call Jahannam a “punishment in the grave.”

As Salamu Alaikum,

I did not call jahannam "a punishment in the grave". I apologize if I was unclear.

I said that the only thing worse than the punishment of the grave is the punishment of jahannam, which is the worst of all.

Muslims may go through punishment in al qabr (the grave) in order for them to be purified of their sins before going to jannah. But kuffar are punished in al qabr with no hope of going to jannah.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Siddiqi View Post
            I did not call jahannam "a punishment in the grave". I apologize if I was unclear.

My bad, brother. I misread your post.
            “The entirety of faith is deed” – Imam Muhammad bin Ismâ'îl al-Bukhârî, al-Jâmi' as-Sahîh , Kitâb al-Îmân.

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Arifa View Post
              Yea saw that a long time ago ... Gets you thinking and praying

Comment

Just a note: Shuhada' (Martyrs) are exempt from the trials of the grave.

Comment

we cannot say what the punishment is like for any person who did not live their life accordingly, but the worst is knowing where u will be going whilst the torment in the grave.

and for muslims the torment in the grave is not to purify them, no ways, for the good we do we will be rewarded and the bad against us on day of judgement.
                  Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Assalaam Alakium,

I got this from http://www.muslimconverts.com

What Happens in the Grave:
                    We believe in the Trial of the Grave, which involves questioning the deceased person in his grave about his Lord, his religion, and his prophet. There "Allah confirms those who believe with a firm saying, in the present life and the hereafter." (14:27).

The believer will say: "Allah is my Lord, Islam is my religion, and Muhammad is my prophet." The unbeliever or the hypocrite will say: "I do not know. I heard the people saying something and I said it."

We believe in the comfort of the grave for the believers:

"Those whose lives the angels take in state of purity, saying 'peace be on you; enter paradise for what you were doing' (16:32).

We believe in the punishment of the grave for the transgressing unbelievers:

"If you could only see when the evildoers are in the agonies of death and the angels are stretching out their hands, saying, 'Give up your souls! Today you shall be rewarded with the punishment of humiliation for what you used to say untrue about Allah, and for scornfully rejecting His signs"' (6:93).

The sayings of the Prophet are numerous and well-known in this area. A Muslim must believe in all that is reported in the Qur'an and the prophetic traditions concerning the unseen matters. He should not contradict it by his worldly experience, because the affairs of the hereafter cannot be measured by the affairs of this life. The difference between them is very great. Allah is the source of help.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdelrhman View Post

Just a note: Shuhada' (Martyrs) are exempt from the trials of the grave.
                      As they are from the reckoning also..[as far as I remember]
                      http:/www.alghurabaa.org
                      Islaam began as something strange and will return as something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers..

[dhikrullah.com]

Comment

the punishments of the grave are many...inshAllah we shud all pray that Alah forgives us and saves us from the punishments of the grave..i also pray that if i do not die a shahid then oh Allah atleast take my life from me in ramadhan or on a friday since th eperson who dies on a friday is not punished in the grave..der is a hadith regarding this inshAllah will luk it up.
                        *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Muslim View Post
                          As they are from the reckoning also..[as far as I remember]
                          Everything except the dayn (debt). No-one is exempt from that.
                          All who obey God and the messenger shall dwell in the company of those whom God has favoured with His Grace: the prophets who teach, the sincere lovers of Truth, the witnesses who testify, and the Righteous who do good. Ah! what a beautiful companionship! (An-Nisa, 69)

Please visit: www.amrkhaled.net

Comment

Yea, I heard on the Day of Judgement, the shuhada' (martyrs) will be relaxing and won't feel fear or anything. And on the sirat (bridge over Hellfire) they will ZOOM past like the wind and won't have any fear of falling in Hellfire at all.

Wait...why am I saying 'they' ??? I mean 'we' insha'Allah ta'ala!!

Comment

inshAllah May Allah Forgive us all and grant us Janatul firdaus Ameen
                              *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Working...
                              X