What a'qida are you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What a'qida are you?

I don't know who they are. But, without learning aqeedah how will you know what's correct and what's not? You can't just know these things by yourself.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
      how do i find out what aqida I am?? My husband is Egyptian and Hanafi and I just follow what he says most of the time. What aqida are egyptian hanafis usually?
      That would be the Athari/Maturidi, here 95% of muslims stand.

The Athari/Maturidi Creed is the laymen's creed. Imagine you just reverted into Islam, or had an ephiphany towards deen after living an un-islamic life. What would your first thoughts be when you read these verses about Allah's hands, sitting on throne, foot and etc? ......You will either remain silent on it or simply say I don't know the meaning (only Allah knows).

Aqeedah is simple.

Source : What my Maulana said.

Comment

You meaning any person who accepts Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Due2MyWeakness View Post
          That would be the Athari/Maturidi, here 95% of muslims stand.

The Athari/Maturidi Creed is the laymen's creed. Imagine you just reverted into Islam, or had an ephiphany towards deen after living an un-islamic life. What would your first thoughts be when you read these verses about Allah's hands, sitting on throne, foot and etc? ......You will either remain silent on it or simply say I don't know the meaning (only Allah knows).

Aqeedah is simple.

Source : What my Maulana said.
          Our creed is Islam. The message sent to Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) by the Lord of the Universe and the life of the Prophet as the practical embodiment of that (Quran). Look there are some Muslims who believe being gay is alright. That is their belief which contravenes the creed of Islam. Our creed is Islam.

Source : Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
            laysa ka mithlihi shayun wa huwa assami' ul baseer

Nothing is like Him. And He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing.

Very true we do not possess the capability to appreciate what the nature of Allah is. It is useless us trying. Accept the revealed verses but also accept that the full nature of Allah is not declared.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              I meant the Qadiyaanis.
              The majority view of the community view of Muslims is that Qadiyaanis are not Muslims. I back this majority view. Unless someone can refute the basis. I am not knowledgeable on this from my limited understanding they are a cult from the Indian Subcontinent?

Comment

That's what I know of them, as well. They are not Muslims, yet they go around claiming that "Qadiyaani is the true message of Islam."
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

i dont know what aqeedah I am, do i need to?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                  (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

"Ana Hanbaliyun Mahayiytu fa in amut
                    Fa wasiyati li al-Nasi an yatahanbalu"

"I am a Hanbali as long as I live, and when I die,

My legacy to the people is to become Hanbalis.
                    "
                    Abu Isma'il al-Harawi

The great scholar Abu Ismail al-Harawi (d.481AH) was a celebrated Hanbali jurist and theologian, known for his awe-inspiring personality, tasawwuf and ardent enmity towards the Ash'arites.
                    http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
                    HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                    Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                      i dont know what aqeedah I am, do i need to?
                      Not really. If you believe in the Kalimah, and believe in Surah al-Ikhlas and have the beliefs common to all Muslims such as beliefs in Angels, Books, Messengers, Judgment, Destiny, Hereafter etc then thats enough. If you've read al-Aqidah at-Tahawiyyah with a Sunni Alim then even better. This will suffice a sound heart.
                      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

yeah i studied that with sunnipath, just as you recommended me to, so does my aqidah have a name now?

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                          yeah i studied that with sunnipath, just as you recommended me to, so does my aqidah have a name now?
                          Who recommended sunnipath for aqeedah to you?

Comment

go back over your notes. Introduction to the Kitab: Haadha dhikru bayaani aqidatu ahlis sunnati wal jama'ati. Imam Tahawi begins the kitab by mentioning it is an exposition of the Aqidah of the ASWJ, according to the madhab of the Fuqaha of the Nation, Imam Abu Hanifah, Imam Abu Yusuf and Imam Muhammad.

So it's the Aqidah of the ASWJ.
                            Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                              Who recommended sunnipath for aqeedah to you?
                              I did.

Comment

yeah i knew that it was the aqeedah of ahl sunnah wa jammat... so that is the name for it? what are those weird things on the poll options?

Comment

Working...
                                X