Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is air travel from UK worth it these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is air travel from UK worth it these days?

Salam,

Has anyone used a UK airport within the past couple of months? I ask because I'm seeing a LOT of news articles claiming there is chaos at airports, flights being cancelled and massive queues for luggage. Some of my family members are planning a trip abroad in August and I'm concerned about what this might mean for them.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

I have travelled via Liverpool airport and it was completely fine, but I did only travel with hand luggage. I think it is hit and miss , as long as you check in on time the plane will not leave without you, and If you have problems standing for long time, elderly or have baby there can be separate "fast track" queue

Comment

JazakAllah khayr. My dad is planning to go and he is elderly so I'm concerned for him. He's also currently recovering from covid so I'm not sure what the protocol is for that. I think my family are assuming he'd have recovered by mid August when they're supposed to go.

Comment

We went in May half term - via Stansted Airport and it was fine. We went around 3 hours early though as I was worried about missing the check-in time and worried about queues etc.

My sibling went to a different place but from the same airport and they had a lot of hassle with seats and then plane was delayed 2 hours coming back.

My other sibling is going in a few weeks, so will let you know, but I think the News causes a lot of fear mongering. And another one is flying out on last week of August.

I’m sure if your dad goes really early and checks his luggage on time etc, and has the right documents with him, he will be fine In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Air France as well. Passenger baggages are piling in Paris air port. Mountains of baggages. My daughter left USA four weeks ago via Paris to Mauritius.When she landed here in Mtius,she found out that Air France has left her baggage in Paris.Till now ,nothing. Shortly she will go back without it. How awful and frustrating .

Comment

^Sorry to hear that. That sounds frustrating. I've spoken to my family about what to do and whether to consider just taking hand luggage so they don't have to worry about it, but on the other hand, we've got these gifts that we want to sent to the people they're visiting so I dunno. If things still sound chaotic at the airports then we'll have to consider these options.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X