Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aelmo
    replied
    My brother and sister might come to visit in December so I don't think I will be traveling until next summer. My march break is during ramadan and I'm not going to go then.

Leave a comment:

• RuthlessSoftie
    replied
    Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post

I'm waiting for Sr Faiza to jab me again and then I could use that I guess.

NHS website said you can get the covid travel pass after 1 dose. I was looking this up yesterday. Although I'm not sure if the pass will state you have only had 1 dose and whether this will cause problems entering another country due to that country's own rules regarding 1 dose people.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...19/covid-pass/
    Last edited by RuthlessSoftie; 04-08-21, 06:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mualim
    replied
    Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post

Some are okay with a vaccine certificate instead of a covid test.
    I'm waiting for Sr Faiza to jab me again and then I could use that I guess.

Leave a comment:

• RuthlessSoftie
    replied
    I still really want to go somewhere but not all countries are accepting Brits and the cost and hassle of covid tests. Ugh.

Even a getaway here is expensive

I need a break..!
    Some are okay with a vaccine certificate instead of a covid test.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

same
    I want a whole month of vacation (in my dreams)
    I want 2 years..lol

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    I still really want to go somewhere but not all countries are accepting Brits and the cost and hassle of covid tests. Ugh.

I need a break..!
    same
    I want a whole month of vacation (in my dreams)

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatorian View Post

sorry too.I am going through a lot and i was very angry at that moment.I shouldnt have reacted that way.There will always be someone to make you feel discriminated.I am a white convert and i never knew what racism is until i started to meet more muslims.When there is a majority of brown or black muslim they would def make me feel discriminated.So there would always be people who would make you feel like that.
    Well they arent used to seeing hijabis and niqabis so if you stay in touristic areas is safe.Just weird stares cuz its a country with thousands of islands and

anyway seeing the big picture greece is more beautiful but for a muslim its way safer and better to go to turkey.I just didnt like that muslims nowdays like turkey so much as if its the leader of the muslim world.Its a secular country with non sharia laws where less than quarter of the population prays.Yes its not dangerous for us,just as there is morroco and algeria and other beautiful countries with more muslims,but its not smth we should love or put it in piedestal (im not saying it for you,im saying it for those who are obssesed in moving to turkey after ertugrul movie became famous)
    Yeh that's why I said in comparison to Turkey, Greece is a no go area imo
    Other hijabis will probably go and have visited the country

I agree we shouldn't overpraise turkey but I really want to go there again for the baklavas

Leave a comment:

• Eijaz Koor
    replied
    Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
    Ive only been abroad once in my life, inshaa'Allaah in the future I can go again, but most likely not anytime soon. I'm not too fussed about travelling in general(its nice but not a necessity rn for me) whereas I know a lot of people are really into it.
    same

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mualim
    replied

I need a break..!

Leave a comment:

• Predatorian
    replied
    **Just weird stares cuz its a country with thousands of islands and...people usually stay with bikinis so its weird walking there in hijab or niqab

cant edit so separate post

Leave a comment:

• Predatorian
    replied

I apologies for my posts. I allowed my ignorance and hate of what I've seen and heard make me think like that. I'm glad you're here to correct me.

I still wouldn't feel comfortable going there (help me understand) I'm sure they'd be happy not to see me (I'm brown and I would need to see brown/black Muslims to tell me if it is safe or friendly enough to visit). I'd have to be reassured it's not how I think it is because if England can be hostile, then is Greece really waiting to welcome people like myself.

It's true I don't know enough about Greece, I do question if it is tolerant why more people don't got there. I'd like to know what it really is like for a Muslim, a coloured Muslim, to visit Greece. How accommodating are they. Do they really want tourists like myself to help their economy?

Greece may see Arabs, but they have light skin (or is it a mix that visit?) Skin colour can have a lot to do with how people behave.

I'm open to learning more about the culture.
    sorry too.I am going through a lot and i was very angry at that moment.I shouldnt have reacted that way.There will always be someone to make you feel discriminated.I am a white convert and i never knew what racism is until i started to meet more muslims.When there is a majority of brown or black muslim they would def make me feel discriminated.So there would always be people who would make you feel like that.
    Well they arent used to seeing hijabis and niqabis so if you stay in touristic areas is safe.Just weird stares cuz its a country with thousands of islands and

anyway seeing the big picture greece is more beautiful but for a muslim its way safer and better to go to turkey.I just didnt like that muslims nowdays like turkey so much as if its the leader of the muslim world.Its a secular country with non sharia laws where less than quarter of the population prays.Yes its not dangerous for us,just as there is morroco and algeria and other beautiful countries with more muslims,but its not smth we should love or put it in piedestal (im not saying it for you,im saying it for those who are obssesed in moving to turkey after ertugrul movie became famous)

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied

Its not anti muslim.Greece is anti turkey,rightefully so.Turkey has used and uses islam for its political interests.If there is a country which is against real islam and not made up bidah islam then that is turkey.But people like ertugrul too much to open their eyes and see the damage they have caused to our religion.
    Anyway, you guys clearly have no info about world affairs thats why you talk like this. Greece has always supported palestine though had no interest in doing so.Remainants of the iraqian army were surrounded by israel soldiers once and there were Greek ships who helped them escape (a ex commander personally told me).
    Housing so many syrians despite being a small country and in crisis.Do you know syrians who were in turkey and in greece? Ask them and they will tell you.I know.I know turkey uses them too for their polical interest.They threat Greece that they will release all the syrians and refugee if they dont do this and that,and many times they did.Yet Greece accepts them,and doesnt ask for a 2000-3000 euro to give a visa,like turkey does.Oh such a muslim country really helping its brothers there.
    And with greek passport you dont need a visa to go to many arab countries,and you can even go to saudi.They have good relations with everybody except turkey because they still think we are in the middle ages.Dumb territorial highlander mentality.Oh my how anti muslim Greece is.

Ya'sin That salad is famous in the whole world.And Greek,italian,french food are the best in the world,full of varieties.You clearly have no info.You guys dont like them cuz you have another culture.We also think indian bangladeshi food is rubbish.We actually want to gag by the smell of it.But we dont go around saying its rubbish.Its all about culture,my asian friends dont eat my food and i dont eat theirs.It doesnt mean one is really rubbish,especially if you havent tried it.But eh,if you wanna be that person who prejudges..

Simply_Logical a niqabi would get stares everywhere not only in greece.Its just that there they never had a muslim community and arent used to these things.I havent seen a hijabi until i was 16-17 years old.And when my friend saw a woman in jilbab he got scared. HE GOT SCARED.Because he had no idea what that was.But ive seen so many hijabis and arabs tourists now.Nobody cares anymore.Unless you go in villages and places where they havent been used to with muslims,the same as what would happen in a village in caliphate of turkey.
    But again if she is a niqabi then its not a good idea lol.
    yea ive always assumed theres been like a muslim vs christin bad history within those type of countries but im ignorant on it, thats just my assumption tbh

how many muslims would you say they are in greece? maybe a small percentage?

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Its not anti muslim.Greece is anti turkey,rightefully so.Turkey has used and uses islam for its political interests.If there is a country which is against real islam and not made up bidah islam then that is turkey.But people like ertugrul too much to open their eyes and see the damage they have caused to our religion.
    Anyway, you guys clearly have no info about world affairs thats why you talk like this. Greece has always supported palestine though had no interest in doing so.Remainants of the iraqian army were surrounded by israel soldiers once and there were Greek ships who helped them escape (a ex commander personally told me).
    Housing so many syrians despite being a small country and in crisis.Do you know syrians who were in turkey and in greece? Ask them and they will tell you.I know.I know turkey uses them too for their polical interest.They threat Greece that they will release all the syrians and refugee if they dont do this and that,and many times they did.Yet Greece accepts them,and doesnt ask for a 2000-3000 euro to give a visa,like turkey does.Oh such a muslim country really helping its brothers there.
    And with greek passport you dont need a visa to go to many arab countries,and you can even go to saudi.They have good relations with everybody except turkey because they still think we are in the middle ages.Dumb territorial highlander mentality.Oh my how anti muslim Greece is.

Ya'sin That salad is famous in the whole world.And Greek,italian,french food are the best in the world,full of varieties.You clearly have no info.You guys dont like them cuz you have another culture.We also think indian bangladeshi food is rubbish.We actually want to gag by the smell of it.But we dont go around saying its rubbish.Its all about culture,my asian friends dont eat my food and i dont eat theirs.It doesnt mean one is really rubbish,especially if you havent tried it.But eh,if you wanna be that person who prejudges..

Simply_Logical a niqabi would get stares everywhere not only in greece.Its just that there they never had a muslim community and arent used to these things.I havent seen a hijabi until i was 16-17 years old.And when my friend saw a woman in jilbab he got scared. HE GOT SCARED.Because he had no idea what that was.But ive seen so many hijabis and arabs tourists now.Nobody cares anymore.Unless you go in villages and places where they havent been used to with muslims,the same as what would happen in a village in caliphate of turkey.
    I apologies for my posts. I allowed my ignorance and hate of what I've seen and heard make me think like that. I'm glad you're here to correct me.

I still wouldn't feel comfortable going there (help me understand) I'm sure they'd be happy not to see me (I'm brown and I would need to see brown/black Muslims to tell me if it is safe or friendly enough to visit). I'd have to be reassured it's not how I think it is because if England can be hostile, then is Greece really waiting to welcome people like myself.

It's true I don't know enough about Greece, I do question if it is tolerant why more people don't got there. I'd like to know what it really is like for a Muslim, a coloured Muslim, to visit Greece. How accommodating are they. Do they really want tourists like myself to help their economy?

Greece may see Arabs, but they have light skin (or is it a mix that visit?) Skin colour can have a lot to do with how people behave.

I'm open to learning more about the culture.

Leave a comment:

• Predatorian
    replied
    Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post

Didn't know greece was big on anti-Muslim things though.

Leave a comment:

• islamuslim
    replied

We have a fake version of it suitable for vegetarians

The real deal is too chemicalised can't pass British borders

The FDA obviously have different ratings for food standards than we have here
    It it was halal I would have tried it, I'm sure I've seen so many Muslims on YouTube eat it.

We couldn't eat some of the crisps in 90s due to the animal rennet, later on they changed the ingredients so fortunately for any crisp addicts, they can enjoy walkers.

I'm not a big fan of crisps.
    mashaaAllah that's good

Yeah I heard food products in the US have more chemicals than the same products in other countries. Like look at these crazy differences
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/foodbab...different/amp/

I think it's because they make cheaper food. I know people here that used to drive to the US to buy cheaper milk KNOWING it's genetically modified :/

My favorite *chips* as a child were Bugles. I found the name hilarious because bughal in Urdu means armpit and I used to think it had the same meaning in English too lol (I blame my parents).

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X