No announcement yet.

Are you planning on traveling soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**Just weird stares cuz its a country with thousands of islands and...people usually stay with bikinis so its weird walking there in hijab or niqab

cant edit so separate post

Comment

I still really want to go somewhere but not all countries are accepting Brits and the cost and hassle of covid tests. Ugh.

Even a getaway here is expensive

I need a break..!
      Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
        Ive only been abroad once in my life, inshaa'Allaah in the future I can go again, but most likely not anytime soon. I'm not too fussed about travelling in general(its nice but not a necessity rn for me) whereas I know a lot of people are really into it.
        same

Comment

Originally posted by Predatorian View Post

sorry too.I am going through a lot and i was very angry at that moment.I shouldnt have reacted that way.There will always be someone to make you feel discriminated.I am a white convert and i never knew what racism is until i started to meet more muslims.When there is a majority of brown or black muslim they would def make me feel discriminated.So there would always be people who would make you feel like that.
          Well they arent used to seeing hijabis and niqabis so if you stay in touristic areas is safe.Just weird stares cuz its a country with thousands of islands and

anyway seeing the big picture greece is more beautiful but for a muslim its way safer and better to go to turkey.I just didnt like that muslims nowdays like turkey so much as if its the leader of the muslim world.Its a secular country with non sharia laws where less than quarter of the population prays.Yes its not dangerous for us,just as there is morroco and algeria and other beautiful countries with more muslims,but its not smth we should love or put it in piedestal (im not saying it for you,im saying it for those who are obssesed in moving to turkey after ertugrul movie became famous)
          Yeh that's why I said in comparison to Turkey, Greece is a no go area imo
          Other hijabis will probably go and have visited the country

I agree we shouldn't overpraise turkey but I really want to go there again for the baklavas

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
            I still really want to go somewhere but not all countries are accepting Brits and the cost and hassle of covid tests. Ugh.

I need a break..!
            same
            I want a whole month of vacation (in my dreams)
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

same
              I want a whole month of vacation (in my dreams)
              I want 2 years..lol

Comment

I need a break..!
                Some are okay with a vaccine certificate instead of a covid test.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post

Some are okay with a vaccine certificate instead of a covid test.
                  I'm waiting for Sr Faiza to jab me again and then I could use that I guess.

Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

I'm waiting for Sr Faiza to jab me again and then I could use that I guess.

NHS website said you can get the covid travel pass after 1 dose. I was looking this up yesterday. Although I'm not sure if the pass will state you have only had 1 dose and whether this will cause problems entering another country due to that country's own rules regarding 1 dose people.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...19/covid-pass/
                    Last edited by RuthlessSoftie; 04-08-21, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• My brother and sister might come to visit in December so I don't think I will be traveling until next summer. My march break is during ramadan and I'm not going to go then.

Comment

• This year I want to go to Europe. I've never been there. I haven't chosen a specific country yet, but I think it will be Germany and France. I will have a vacation soon, and I will have such an opportunity. I plan to see these countries by train because this is the best way not to miss anything. Only in this way can you see all the beauty. A car or plane is not suitable for exploring a new country. I have already looked at train tickets on the db auskunft website. It remains only to book. Inshallah, everything will work out.
                        Last edited by SelamMar78; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                          My brother and sister might come to visit in December so I don't think I will be traveling until next summer. My march break is during ramadan and I'm not going to go then.
                          scratch this. If I get a lot of time off during national day holiday then I will go to turkey. Again.

it’s the 50th year so we might just get the whole week off.

Comment

• i also want to do Turkey after Ramadaan Insha-Allah

I am thinking of adding Italy

Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to get proper halal food in Italy?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X