Are you planning on traveling soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

I'd love to ski there one day. Was thinking of going back there for a graduation trip and trying out this sport

No, never been to Princes Islands. What is it like there?

Actually we went to this "Asian" side of Istanbul.. to visit the Palaces of the former ottoman rulers there. Their palaces were by the waters, very beautiful!

Have you been in there?

Did you like Princes Islands? I heard there are no cars there just horse rides or something like that
    That would be fun!

The prince's islands are awesome. Its very peaceful and there is this huge abandoned orphanage at the highest point of the island. Its super creepy and the walk up there is fun too! And yeah there are no cars, only horses and bikes.

I've been to the palaces. You must be talking about the dolmabahce. I went there again last time and got myself a tiny model of it to always look at. That palace is gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatorian View Post
      why turkey? go to greece or spain they are way more beautiful.I am travelling next week in shaa Allah
      I LOVE turkey
      I used to think what is all the fuss

Enjoyed the evening walks, so peaceful and beautiful, people mind their own business

The weather was ideal for me, I went September I think

Someone take me back
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Got a question for some of you peeps who travel a lot.

When you travel, what do you about things like the internet? I guess hotels would normally have wifi what if you stayed in some private accommodation and needed net? I want to go somewhere for a few months but I need like 5mbs to be able to do some work at the same time, is there any way to get some kind of international internet? My friend said he used something called a dongle to get pay as you go wifi when he went out in other countries but I'm not sure if that will provide enough internet for a laptop to do things like calls etc on.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthlessSoftie View Post
          Got a question for some of you peeps who travel a lot.

When you travel, what do you about things like the internet? I guess hotels would normally have wifi what if you stayed in some private accommodation and needed net? I want to go somewhere for a few months but I need like 5mbs to be able to do some work at the same time, is there any way to get some kind of international internet? My friend said he used something called a dongle to get pay as you go wifi when he went out in other countries but I'm not sure if that will provide enough internet for a laptop to do things like calls etc on.
          I always filter accommodation for free access to internet in all areas (I've found some that only offer it in communal areas) and this has been sufficient for personal use. If you need something faster or more robust you can definitely buy a dongle with differing levels of data. It really shouldn't be a barrier to travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post

I always filter accommodation for free access to internet in all areas (I've found some that only offer it in communal areas) and this has been sufficient for personal use. If you need something faster or more robust you can definitely buy a dongle with differing levels of data. It really shouldn't be a barrier to travelling.
            I want to go live amongst the people rather than the foreigner hotels so I'm not sure if their net will be sufficient.

So have you used a dongle before? How was the speed like?

Comment

I want to go live amongst the people rather than the foreigner hotels so I'm not sure if their net will be sufficient.

So have you used a dongle before? How was the speed like?
              Yes I have used a dingle and found it OK. In saying that though I didn't require very high speeds or intense data use.

Comment

Yes I have used a dingle and found it OK. In saying that though I didn't require very high speeds or intense data use.
                Is 5mbs minimum a reasonable expectation from a dongle?

Comment

Is 5mbs minimum a reasonable expectation from a dongle?
                  I think so inshaAllah.

Comment

I think so inshaAllah.
                    Thanks for the answers.

Comment

I have decided not to go to turkey this summer.I will stay in the heat :(

but I am traveling in winter break no matter what to either Canada if I can or Turkey. It’s one or the other.

Comment

The only place I’m travelling at the moment, is from my living room to my kitchen :(
                        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                          I have decided not to go to turkey this summer.I will stay in the heat :(

but I am traveling in winter break no matter what to either Canada if I can or Turkey. It’s one or the other.
                          What is Turkey like in winter? I've seen that Istanbul is very cold, which puts me off a bit.

Comment

What is Turkey like in winter? I've seen that Istanbul is very cold, which puts me off a bit.
                            It’s absolutely freezing but there are less people around so you can actually enjoy things. I went in March this year and it was also freezing. I didn’t expect it to be that cold at that time of the year. Maybe I’m just used to the heat and I also get cold very easily so it might not be that bad but pack a jacket if you plan on going.

Comment

I travelled so much when I was younger that I don’t really feel the need to explore anymore. I know I’m always like turkey turkey turkey but I don’t really want to go anywhere else 😂

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                                I travelled so much when I was younger that I don’t really feel the need to explore anymore. I know I’m always like turkey turkey turkey but I don’t really want to go anywhere else 😂
                                It's easy to practice there. It's so much bigger and better than living in a city-state where I'm from

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X