Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it like to live in the Western world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question? What is it like to live in the Western world?

I have been living all my life in Malaysia, a south east asian muslim majority country with not much western influence except that we were invaded and colonized by european powers once upon a time. Well people are adapting to western style here but our values aren't. We still adhere to our asian values and islamic way of life here. (*and less developed too*)

I heard that living in the west world is interesting and happening??

Originally posted by itsemilyyyyy View Post
    I have been living all my life in Malaysia, a south east asian muslim majority country with not much western influence except that we were invaded and colonized by european powers once upon a time. Well people are adapting to western style here but our values aren't. We still adhere to our asian values and islamic way of life here. (*and less developed too*)

It's mostly a place where we will struggle to keep from being influenced negatively, and there's a fear for our future generations losing their Identity.

If it's comfortable enough living in Malaysia, I would definitely advise against leaving.

All that glitters is not gold, as they say.
    ​​Your du'aa... Always dear, always needed (Jazaa'akumullah Khair.)

Comment

interesting? Its a place of fitnah.Whoever feels totally comfortable in the western world and doesnt have a desire of being in a muslim country if he could,he has probably lost to this fitnah.If you can live normally in malaysia,do yourself a huge favour and stay there.

Comment

Hi Neighbour,

I am from Indonesia and I am temporarily living in England until I complete my studies. I would say everything is going alright as a Muslim in this country. There are two mosques near where I live and there is a prayer room in my university and in the shopping centre as well. Halal food isnt hard to find. The supermarket sells halal meat and you can find a lot of halal eastern restaurants. I havent met anyone racist towards me (hopefully never will). I have local friends and theyve been nice to me as well. Very respectful. Regardless of that I still wish to live in Indonesia after I complete my studies. Being born and raised in a country where islamic culture is strong, I still feel a lot more comfortable in my country. There are so many things I miss. Back home I dont have to worry if the food im eating is halal or not because the majority of people are muslims. I also miss the call to prayer being blasted through a loud speaker 5 times a day. I miss having to see a mosque every few hundred meters. Where I live I can literally pray in 5 different mosques for each one of my daily prayers.. something I definitely cant do in England haha . I dont think there are much differences between Malaysia and Indonesia so Im sure you understand what I mean.
        Last edited by triton5555; 06-05-21, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Live in Canada. You see fitnah everywhere, alcohol, gambling, drugs, lewdness is open and visible. The pros are the strong social programs (healthcare, pension etc), higher education to get careers and the multicultural aspect (atleast in big cities). Honestly, it depends from which Muslim country you are from. Coming from Pakistan which has a lot of garbage, poor infrastructure and instability to Canada was a very drastic change. However, we don't have much family here and the social aspect is not that good compared to back home. Yes, you can visit masjids and be involved in local muslim community but it's not the same. The experience of Eid, Ramadan, going to the masjid is not the same.

I would definitely not send young kids to school in the west unless you want them to be indoctrinated into liberalism and other fahishah. Alhamdullilah we live a simple life in Canada and have stability which is harder to come by in Pakistan, so I am thankful for that. But at the same time I miss the muslim society.

Comment

As someone who lives in Canada since 2005, I believe living in west can be challenging if you are a fully practicing Muslim/Muslimah. There are simply too many fitnahs everywhere. There are also threats from far-right groups.

Having said that, my home country (Bangladesh) is much worse than Canada. So, I would take Canada over Bangladesh without a doubt.

Ideally, I want to live in Saudi Arabia. I may try to get PR (permanent residency) there. I read that KSA is starting to offer PRs.

Comment

Originally posted by itsemilyyyyy View Post

First off, the west is global culture right now, so you're more affected than you think and your nation certainly is.

And the west... don't do it. It's a gilded cage, where you have comfort and excess and even the poor people are fat but every hour of every day is a fight to preserve your emaan and basic decency.
              FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

The West is a massive place....whilst in general I would advise against leaving a Muslim country I've lived in parts of the West where I felt my deen was stronger and I have been able to practise more than in some Muslim countries. If you do have to come to the West make Islam your priority, so pick a strong Muslim community, choose a house near the mosque etc. You can find these things out via local Facebook pages.

Comment

Stay well clear of the west. It is fitnah and things are only getting worse.
                  Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X